The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Avor
do you lose marks for not talking about a particular character? it may be a silly questions

but for part a i talked about Slim
part b i talked about slim & crooks

sameee but mostly crooks for part b :ashamed:
Reply 1841
Original post by nnf
I'm sure you'll be fine, I wrote 7ish but my writing got bigger as it went on.......

Ya I had so many more points I wanted to make but I didn't have time to finish them off!
Original post by sarahrimington
Anyone do the question on to kill a mockingbird?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I found part (a) very vague and difficult...... left me with hardly any time for part (b) which was also relatively vague and predictable
I was about to go onto the last page! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how much I will need to get an A with 36/40 in the coursework?
Reply 1845
Original post by ryanb97
so am i the only one that was getting ready to go on the last page of the answer booklet??
(no gaps btw)

ryan

How big is your handwriting?
Reply 1846
Original post by cycahm
Ya I had so many more points I wanted to make but I didn't have time to finish them off!

What questions did you do?
Original post by Ryan Mc17
Yep, I found part (a) very vague and difficult...... left me with hardly any time for part (b) which was also relatively vague and predictable

I done part a. It was pretty difficult!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I done part a. It was pretty difficult!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! It required hardly any analysis... and was also worded very weirdly.... I wasn't really sure what the question was asking for
Original post by cycahm

I wrote 4 pages for OMAM not counting .5 for plan
I wrote 3.5 for IAC - did not plan this as I did it second.
And I could have kept writing for another 30 minutes if there was more time. I had so many more strong points to make but I guess its a 1h 30min exam. Also chose the Eric question for IAC because I had a fair bit to say about him.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1850
Original post by nnf
What questions did you do?

I did Eric and of mice and men
Reply 1851
For AIC I answered question 17 about the extract at the end but I also wrote the majority on language used throughout the book e.g dramatic irony and imagery? Did i answer this question wrong or will i still get marked for it? What was the actual Question?
(edited 10 years ago)
So pleased Eric and Slim came up! Exactly what I revised, thanks for the people who suggested they'd come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cycahm
I did Eric and of mice and men

I did the same questions as you, the mark scheme does not ask for a specific amount of writing in the answer, I think by getting straight the point without waffle that the examiner will be pleasantly surprised with the quality and strength of my answers!
Reply 1854
so is 800 words really too little?! per question that is
Reply 1855
Original post by cleveradam
I wrote 4 pages for OMAM not counting .5 for plan
I wrote 3.5 for IAC - did not plan this as I did it second.
And I could have kept writing for another 30 minutes if there was more time. I had so many more strong points to make but I guess its a 1h 30min exam.

Me too I had so many more but I didn't get round to them, and I only just realised I made hardly any points on them like for Eric I did like 5 paragraphs so around 5 points!! And then for of mice and men i wrote one page on slim and i made around 3-4 points and around 3 points for part b.. Oh god I might actually fail this exam :'(
Anyone do the question on to kill a mockingbird?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah! what did you write for (a)
Reply 1857
Original post by Galileo Galilei
I did the same questions as you, the mark scheme does not ask for a specific amount of writing in the answer, I think by getting straight the point without waffle that the examiner will be pleasantly surprised with the quality and strength of my answers!

Yeh hopefully!! What points did you make?
hey ... I did something stupid and misread question B ;/ I wrote about a completely different character from the extract will I still get some marks/
Reply 1859
OMG!THE QUESTIONS WERE PERFECT! The inspector calls one was on Eric and i had plenty to talk about-his social change-younger vs older generation... Then slim came up and i was like yhyhyhyhyhyh! I had plenty to write about-'understanding beyond thought'-through the use of the noun 'beyond' we can see that he perhaps transcends the conventions of the novel... then the second part was even nicer!It was not the same question re-phrased giving you the danger of repeating yourself!I talked about the ranch being a microchosm of american society-then talked about crooks and curley-the two sides of the spectrum.
I think we had i good and i feel sorry for the next lot because they will probably get the dogiest of questions!The only thing i think i messed up on was timing as i did not have time to read through any of my omam answer.But anyway THANKS AQA!
Any ideas on the grade bouandaries???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending