The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilialucy
How did you find Of Mice and Men?

i found it pretty easy :smile:

same I was shocked to see Curley .. but once I got writing the ideas seem to just flow so it was rather easy :biggrin: .. crooks as an extract though :L might as well give me those marks :L

wbu ?
Did you sit English Lit Edexcel or English Lit AQA?
Original post by Mr.Nor
Gah the Lit exam went so well! I got the question I wanted for Of Mice and Men!

What exam board were you for English Literature?

I was with Edexcel
Original post by techno836
same I was shocked to see Curley .. but once I got writing the ideas seem to just flow so it was rather easy :biggrin: .. crooks as an extract though :L might as well give me those marks :L

wbu ?

what was your exam board?
I just want somebody to talk to !!@@@@@ about Today Edexcel GCSE English Lit paper

Guess I have to wait until 00:00am :frown:

I just hope when summer comes the exam boards do not *censored* the rules up and make mistakes year on year
*looks at OCR* Dont you even dare !!!
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
what was your exam board?

WJEC :smile: don't worry :P :smile:

I'm a veteran and well aware of the exam post rules :biggrin:
Does anyone know what poems came up in AQA English Lit unit 2, relationships cluster in Jan 13?
Anybody else got the edexcel iGCSE tomorrow? I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men but I have no idea what i should be revising
Can somebody teach me functions please!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad
Can somebody teach me functions please!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll try ( although its quite hard not in person ) what dont you get about them ? the fg(x) or g-1​(x) etc.

wbu ?

I'd literally memorised essays on dreams and violence and loneliness so I was pretty disappointed that they didn't come up. That being said, I managed to make about 8 different points about Curley, I said he was embodiment of all the themes. I made one quote up though, about when Lennie dies him seeing "shot the bastard" >.>.

Crooks as an extract = perfect! I wrote about a page but only did 3 PEEs :s-smilie:.

The poetry was surprisingly easy, hardly any differences!
Original post by sarahiscool
I'll try ( although its quite hard not in person ) what dont you get about them ? the fg(x) or g-1​(x) etc.

Literally everything ;'(
So scared about the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
what was your english literature novel & play you studied?

I did Animal Farm for the extract question (Section A) and OMAM for the essay question (Section B). :smile:
Original post by emilialucy
I'd literally memorised essays on dreams and violence and loneliness so I was pretty disappointed that they didn't come up. That being said, I managed to make about 8 different points about Curley, I said he was embodiment of all the themes. I made one quote up though, about when Lennie dies him seeing "shot the bastard" >.>.

Crooks as an extract = perfect! I wrote about a page but only did 3 PEEs :s-smilie:.

The poetry was surprisingly easy, hardly any differences!

yeah I tweak a few quotes as I can't remember them perfectly :L

I did about 3/4 of a page for the extract :biggrin: (small handwriting :L )

the poetry had many similarities but I just sorted made some alternative meanings to make some differences I could stick in there :L and even some to just put as a similarity :smile: ... I said mrs porter Died, but the language could suggest she was 'disposed of' :L summat like that -.-
I'm giving up with maths - somebody motivate me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not that hard! If I can get an A* you can too :yep:
Literally everything ;'(
So scared about the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

you'll be fine, I completely failed the last one :frown: so I need like 99% for an A* which is not gunna happen :cry:
yeah I tweak a few quotes as I can't remember them perfectly :L

I did about 3/4 of a page for the extract :biggrin: (small handwriting :L )

the poetry had many similarities but I just sorted made some alternative meanings to make some differences I could stick in there :L and even some to just put as a similarity :smile: ... I said mrs porter Died, but the language could suggest she was 'disposed of' :L summat like that -.-

I just talked about how the last line ''as all the woman drew closer to the table'' was a metaphor for death or something. xD
What do you think will come up for Lord of the flies/ A View from the Bridge (if you're doing them!!)
Reply 2758
I felt like the literature exam went really well! Did Woman In Black and Of Mice and Me on AQA.
The WiB question was really straightforward, I think literally everybody in my class wrote about pathetic fallacy in the fog... But it was a little disappointing that I had to choose the chapter question, when I felt that I there was so much else in the rest of the book that I didn't get to talk about.

Of Mice and Men, I could have kissed the examiner when I saw Slim had come up for the extract. The part b was a little tricky but I think it went well. Wrote about physical appearance, symbolism and the theme of power and strength.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths is easy. Again, my notes are OP (I had the best maths/teacher in the school :lol:), so let me know if you'd like them. I'm sure we're all willing to help each other with things that we don't understand :smile:

On this paper, I'm pretty sure the following will come up:
Constructions
Vectors
Histograms

Latest