The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Solve 4^(x) 3(2^(x + 1)) = 0

QUESTION 5B SOLOMAN C CORE 2

http://www.tomred.org/uploads/7/7/8/..._solomon_c.pdf

Can someone show me step by step pleasE?
Original post by Xx4L3x
Solve 4^(x) 3(2^(x + 1)) = 0

QUESTION 5B SOLOMAN C CORE 2

http://www.tomred.org/uploads/7/7/8/..._solomon_c.pdf

Can someone show me step by step pleasE?

4x3(2x+1)=04^x - 3(2^{x+1}) = 0

(22)x3(2x×21)=0(2^2)^x - 3(2^x \times 2^1) = 0

(2x)26(2x)=0(2^x)^2 - 6(2^x) = 0

Can you see what needs to be done here?
Original post by justinawe
Have you already done S2? Or have you got it this Friday too? :holmes:

I did it January, got 96/100 (Stupid definitions.)
Original post by DJMayes
I did it January, got 96/100 (Stupid definitions.)

Gotta make a mental note to learn some definitions before the exam :colone:

So what have you got for maths, then? S3, S4, M4, M5, C4, FP2, FP3? And STEP, of course :tongue:
Gotta make a mental note to learn some definitions before the exam :colone:

So what have you got for maths, then? S3, S4, M4, M5, C4, FP2, FP3? And STEP, of course :tongue:

Yes, exactly those.

(And G495 for Physics.)
Original post by DJMayes
Yes, exactly those.

(And G495 for Physics.)

I was actually considering doing STEP I this time around, but it was already early March when I started thinking about it, and I wasn't too sure if it was too late to start STEP prep and still come out with a good score.
Reply 1586
4x3(2x+1)=04^x - 3(2^{x+1}) = 0

(22)x3(2x×21)=0(2^2)^x - 3(2^x \times 2^1) = 0

(2x)26(2x)=0(2^x)^2 - 6(2^x) = 0

Can you see what needs to be done here?

I don't understand why you have swapped the x and the 2 on the 2nd and 3rd line in the first bracket?
Original post by Xx4L3x
I don't understand why you have swapped the x and the 2 on the 2nd and 3rd line in the first bracket?

(ab)c=(ac)b(a^b)^c = (a^c)^b

One of the basic rules of indices, I suggest you learn these.
Reply 1588
(ab)c=(ac)b(a^b)^c = (a^c)^b

One of the basic rules of indices, I suggest you learn these.

Ok why are you doing that though? What needs to be done for the logs (i dont really know )))
Officially finished my AS Physics course, now it's maths all day! :smile:
I was actually considering doing STEP I this time around, but it was already early March when I started thinking about it, and I wasn't too sure if it was too late to start STEP prep and still come out with a good score.

I don't think it's necessary. Besides, aren't you already sitting the likes of FP2 in year 12?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Officially finished my AS Physics course, now it's maths all day! :smile:

Finished mine as soon as I was done with the practical :colone: I've got unit 4 Physics in June, though! :eek:
Original post by DJMayes
I don't think it's necessary. Besides, aren't you already sitting the likes of FP2 in year 12?

and FP3 :colone:

Yeah, I didn't think it necessary either, I just thought having to do STEP prep might force me to get off my lazy arse :wink:
Reply 1593
Original post by Xx4L3x
Ok why are you doing that though? What needs to be done for the logs (i dont really know )))

you need to make it a quadratic so you can easily get x values. You log it later.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Xx4L3x

Can you find a common factor of (2x)26(2x)(2^x)^2 - 6(2^x) ?
Finished mine as soon as I was done with the practical :colone: I've got unit 4 Physics in June, though! :eek:

Yh but aren't you pretty much doing all your A2s this summer? Since you have a shorter year :colonhash:
Yh but aren't you pretty much doing all your A2s this summer? Since you have a shorter year :colonhash:

Pretty much :colone:

Next year (aside from maths), I'll have:

Econ 3
Physics 5 + practical

that's about it :colonhash:
Pretty much :colone:

Next year (aside from maths), I'll have:

Econ 3
Physics 5 + practical

that's about it :colonhash:

Meh, I think I'd rather have a balanced two years. All that pressure on the first year is a bit unnecessary :redface:
Only 2 more days to go until history is out of my life, then its just maths and econ from here :cool:
Meh, I think I'd rather have a balanced two years. All that pressure on the first year is a bit unnecessary :redface:

My A2 has involved so much more than AS. At AS, I did four AS subjects (Maths, Further, Physics, Business) and that was it. At A2, I've done 3 A2 levels, one entire A Level, plus a ton of work for STEP. I'm going to be lost when my final exam is over, as I'll suddenly have absolutely nothing to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending