The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Meh, I think I'd rather have a balanced two years. All that pressure on the first year is a bit unnecessary :redface:

Do you think I chose to have it this way? :redface:

Still, I think I'm doing fine now, and I'll be extremely relaxed next year (most of my uni offers will be effectively unconditional), so I think it was worth it in the end!
I wish I was in the position of not having to focus on anything but Maths, however considering my last Chemistry exam is on the 19th of June that's clearly not the case. :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone in this thread doing AQA C4/C3?
Original post by Robbie242
Only 2 more days to go until history is out of my life, then its just maths and econ from here :cool:

Booted History out of my life in year 10 :cool:
Original post by DJMayes
My A2 has involved so much more than AS. At AS, I did four AS subjects (Maths, Further, Physics, Business) and that was it. At A2, I've done 3 A2 levels, one entire A Level, plus a ton of work for STEP. I'm going to be lost when my final exam is over, as I'll suddenly have absolutely nothing to do.

Wow... imagine what it would of been like for you if there were no Jan exams! :eek: 12 maths exams within a period of a month + STEP!
Original post by justinawe
Booted History out of my life in year 10 :cool:

>________________< soo lucky, in year 9 I continued it, hated it at gcse nearly failed (Year 10 got a G in the medicine paper then year 11 got an A* :cool: ) But then at A-level its just a bull**** amount of work where only 1/4 of what you learn is going to come up
(edited 10 years ago)
Do you think I chose to have it this way? :redface:

Still, I think I'm doing fine now, and I'll be extremely relaxed next year (most of my uni offers will be effectively unconditional), so I think it was worth it in the end!

Aren't you selfteaching? What school would enter their students for C1-C4 + others in January of AS :lol:

In that case you would probably get a slightly harder offer: S - II, 1 - III :colone:
Reply 1607
Original post by Robbie242
>________________< soo lucky, in year 9 I continued it, hated it at gcse nearly failed (Year 10 got a G in the medicine paper then year 11 got an A* :cool: ) But then at A-level its just a bull**** amount of work where only 1/4 of what you learn is going to come up

Medicine Through Time? I loved that course. :biggrin:
Original post by AmirHabeeb
Medicine Through Time? I loved that course. :biggrin:

I did as well but in year 10 I hated it, but in year 11 it was more interesting hippocrates, Galen, William Harvey, Florey and Chain all that jazz I think
(edited 10 years ago)
Wow... imagine what it would of been like for you if there were no Jan exams! :eek: 12 maths exams within a period of a month + STEP!

Plus two Physics exams. The Physics is thankfully pretty much a guaranteed A* though along with Maths provided no absolutely horrendous mess ups (Just need an A in each exam for the A*) and I have an A* in Further Maths guaranteed. The Additional Further Maths is the one which isn't pretty safe. :redface:
Aren't you selfteaching? What school would enter their students for C1-C4 + others in January of AS :lol:

In that case you would probably get a slightly harder offer: S - II, 1 - III :colone:

My course is condensed (1.5 years) as you know.

FP2, FP3 are only available in June, so I have to take those now. C1-C4 early because I needed the prior knowledge for FP2 and FP3.

The level of secondary school maths here is slightly higher than AS Maths, and I did IGCSE Additional maths, so we all handled it fairly well.

And yes, I have F.Maths class of 30~ people, all with the same knowledge as me in year 12 :wink: and about 10 or so are at least as good as me

Hopefully not :colone: though I suspect if I got that offer, I'd still probably get accepted even with 1,1
Reply 1611
Can you find a common factor of (2x)26(2x)(2^x)^2 - 6(2^x) ?

2^x !!!

But how do you know to make a quadratic. Cant I use some logs rules?
Original post by Xx4L3x
2^x !!!

But how do you know to make a quadratic. Cant I use some logs rules?

You could, but you'd probably lose a solution (2x=0) if you did that, plus it wouldn't work if you had more than two terms in the equation.

Just be on the lookout for equations in the form of a(something)2+b(something)+ca(\mathrm{something})^2 + b(\mathrm{something}) + c, it's pretty obvious really.
Anyone know where I can find the aqa D2 mark scheme from january 2013???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annaridgway95
Anyone know where I can find the aqa D2 mark scheme from january 2013???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, sorry! Do you happen to have the AQA M1 one though? Just cus you seem to be about the only other person on here doing aqa maths!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were so low for c2 in jan 2010?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ljh950912
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were so low for c2 in jan 2010?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that the paper with the circle inside the sector? If so that question was the reason - only about 2% of candidates managed it.
Would it be quite risky to say I'm only just starting my C3 revision for the exam on the 13th? :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Would it be quite risky to say I'm only just starting my C3 revision for the exam on the 13th? :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

My C3 is this Friday. Haven't started.

C4 is 13th June. Haven't started.

So I hope not :redface:
did anyone do Edexcel physics today? I know we aren't allowed to talk about it, but would really like to discuss it when we can.

Latest

Trending

Trending