The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Is everyone sure that we were meant to write about the characters with the most importance? I only wrote about Curley's wife, Crooks, Slim and how Steinbeck uses nature
Is this right?
Reply 2001
Original post by andersson
Can I make a recommendation that we change the subject to poetry? We seem to work very well together, and today's exam is in the past; there's not much point in discussing it. It's likely that we all did a little bit better in the exam because of this thread, so let's use this again to our advantage for Thursday's exam.If you absolutely must talk about the Unit 1 exam then start a new thread, this one should now be dedicated to getting everyone prepared for poetry!
I like this idea, but mightn't I be easier to just make a new 'part Two' thread for poetry? I think it'd be nice to not have to trawl through 100 pages of Unit 1 stuff.
Whose doing Relationships? How are you revising and do you have any resources>????
Original post by AquaBliz
Whose doing Relationships? How are you revising and do you have any resources>????

Me!
No sorry, I'm just gonna read over my annotations the day of the exam :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cycahm
Oh I'm terrible in physics but yeh I'm doing maths too and I have my maths igcse tomorrow!! :O

Good luck, hopefully you smash it, do you go to a grammar school or private?
oh my, I need two A*'s at 72 ums each on Poetry and texts exams this week to get an A* overall :frown: hmm help
Reply 2006
Original post by jay_em
I like this idea, but mightn't I be easier to just make a new 'part Two' thread for poetry? I think it'd be nice to not have to trawl through 100 pages of Unit 1 stuff.

Good idea; who's going to start it?
Original post by Olympiad
Me!
No sorry, I'm just gonna read over my annotations the day of the exam :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol thats a daring and bold move!

i will hehe

ryan
Poetry: Relationships

Poems that have already appeared:

The Manhunt

Quickdraw

Praise Song for my Mother

Harmonium

Sonnet 11 (Not 100% sure, Jan '13)

Sonnet 43

The Farmer's Bride (Not 100% sure, Jan '13)

Nettles

Poems that have not appeared:

Hour

In Paris with You

Ghazal

Brothers

To His Coy Mistress

Sister Maude

Born Yesterday

You are :smile: x
Done it poeple

New thread for the poetry exam

Link is below!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2357669&p=42718490#post42718490
(edited 10 years ago)
BARE ENGLISH THREAD!!!!!!!!

i thought exam was ok, could have been worse. walked out thinking i got a high a. invigilator was such a di*k, he nudged my table right at the last minute and i crossed out my sentance and he said for pens to be put down. of course, i finished the sentance anyway! but jeez what a pleb.

anywho from what it seems everyone did well, so many congrats

tazza
Reply 2013
Original post by Joe2525
YES! I thought it was on about the language a Priestley used for the ending and throughout the play :'( Do you think it will still get marked?

pretty sure you will, they wont give you 0 as you are still partially answering the question... i went off topic for it quite a bit aswell :/ i
I need a 2 high A's for an A* overall. Damn the controlled assessment is a life saver :redface:
Reply 2015
(It's already been said but I'm giving it more of an entrance)
New thread based solely on the poetry exam!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post42718490

Edit: wrong link first time, oops.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2016
Original post by Galileo Galilei
Good luck, hopefully you smash it, do you go to a grammar school or private?

Nah I go to an academy I dunno what that is but we've done our gcses in November already so now they decided to give us a 'challenge'
Original post by cycahm
Nah I go to an academy I dunno what that is but we've done our gcses in November already so now they decided to give us a 'challenge'

Ohh, we were told that only Private and Grammars can do iGCSE
Reply 2018
Original post by lolface32
I need a 2 high A's for an A* overall. Damn the controlled assessment is a life saver :redface:

What did you get in controlled assessment?
Character and voice poems or themes that might come up anyone???

Quick Reply

Latest