The Student Room Group

Imperial College London Postgraduate Offer Holders 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by evermind
MSc Biomedical Engineering aswell :smile: I'm wondering about accommodation too, are the halls just for undergraduates? Could just find the gradpad things on the website. Should probably give them a call or send them an email.

Hi, Imperial doesn't have postgraduate halls. They have GradPad as a substitute student accommodation.
You can also look at other student accommodation options such as ISL, Unite, Nedo, etc.

Cheers!
Reply 41
Original post by rukutaneja
Hi, Imperial doesn't have postgraduate halls. They have GradPad as a substitute student accommodation.
You can also look at other student accommodation options such as ISL, Unite, Nedo, etc.

Cheers!

Yes, that's what I understood too. But not having postgraduate halls doesn't necessarily mean that postgrads can't live in the normal halls, that was my question. In the undergrad halls I've lived in there have been a few postgrads too.
Reply 42
Yes, that's what I understood too. But not having postgraduate halls doesn't necessarily mean that postgrads can't live in the normal halls, that was my question. In the undergrad halls I've lived in there have been a few postgrads too.

Hmmm... really? I've specifically e-mailed the accommodation office about that and they told me that it won't be possible. :mad:
Reply 43
I didn't say that it was possible, I was just wondering about that as this is how it works in my university now. Seems halls are indeed just for undergraduates. If you check the current vacancies, there would be some rooms in undergrad halls but they aren't advertised for postgraduate students... Slightly odd if you ask me.

Cheers!

Hey,

I currently live at GradPad and have done for the last two years.

All GradPad halls are owned and managed by Imperial College so no need to worry you will be looked after very well. I love it!

x
Reply 45
I don't think it is "owned by Imperial"? I think it's more of an agreement, people from different universities can stay there too apparently.
I don't think it is "owned by Imperial"? I think it's more of an agreement, people from different universities can stay there too apparently.

GradPad is owned by Imperial College. GradPad is a separate business entity of Imperial and that's why they aim to attract postgrads from other Uni's in London. I lived at GradPad in its first year of operation and everything was run by Imperial.
Hi all!

I've been offered a place on the MRes in Cancer Biology at Imperial.

Accommodation wise I've had an affordable offer to live in Clapham. A bit of a commute...?!

Are there any current imperial students here? Im wondering what its like to study there? I've heard a few opinions & all good so far! :biggrin:

J
Reply 48
Hi,

I have a conditional offer for an MRes in Biomedical Research at Imperial.

I was looking at the Gradpad accommodation and it seems pretty nice.

However, I asked the organisers of my course and they told me that it lasts 52 weeks. The rooms in gradpad can only be booked for 51 weeks which seems a bit weird.

Does anyone else know anything about this?
Reply 49
Hi

I have just accepted my conditional offer at IC for MSc. Quantitative Biology and am preparing for all the formalities. Is there anyone else here who's going to Silwood this year?
Original post by Sim3
Hi,

I have a conditional offer for an MRes in Biomedical Research at Imperial.

I was looking at the Gradpad accommodation and it seems pretty nice.

However, I asked the organisers of my course and they told me that it lasts 52 weeks. The rooms in gradpad can only be booked for 51 weeks which seems a bit weird.

Does anyone else know anything about this?

Hey!

I had this problem in my first year of living at Gradpad. If you e-mail them and ask for a one week short let before your main 51 week contract then you will be fine (i did this and so did some of my friends this year).

My friend is going to the Imperial business school this August and Gradpad are opening bookings early especially for business school students.

Also, after my posts a week ago - i actually went to the Imperial accommodation office to ask about Gradpad. The guy who i spoke to confirmed that Gradpad is fully owned and operated by Imperial and they are the only halls that they have just for postgraduates in London. They have loads of brochures and posters around to pick up as well on Gradpad if anyone is interested.

If anyone is coming to wood lane this year i will see you in September (I am the new events organiser at wood lane so want to organise loads of fun stuff for all of us to do next year! Hopefully i don't have too much uni work!)

G x
Reply 51
I really want to apply next year, can anyone give me some advice on my chances of getting in:

Am heading for a high 2:1 to 1st from a chemical engineering degree and I want to study Msc advanced chemical engineering. I have previous work experience in two major energy companies and have other work experience such as being chairman of a society that I started, project manager for another society and worked as an assistant technician while studying where I was also trained to become a future project manager and much more (I am very active person). I know the main thing is the grades, does a personal statement have to be written? If so how many words roughly? Am also thinking of taking part in events and summer schools of imperial college can doing that increase my chances of getting in?

Sorry for all the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I completely agree with you. The accommodation for PostGrads is very limited. However, I am completely impressed with the university, the course and the facilitates at gradpad so might just accept this offer. My other option is Warwick Business School but I feel as an International Student, I don't want to isolate myself in Coventry. Any opinion?

Best Wishes

I did my MA at Warwick and lived in Coventry. There are other places you can live, such as Leamington Spa. It's much nicer and not that far from uni (about 30 minutes by bus, perhaps even less). Coventry is a ****hole, I won't lie, but I think the most important thing is your studies. Warwick is a great uni, although honestly they don't take care of their postgrads as well as they do undergrads. Coventry has a few nice pubs and it's located quite near to some nice places (i.e. London, Stratford, Warwick, and Birmingham is very close if you need to do some proper shopping).
Reply 53
I am overseas student and need to know if we're supposed to reach Imperial on the 28th of September or a few days before that?
Reply 54
Do you need you alevel results to apply for masters in imperial?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Hi, this i directed to anyone who has applied to a CS PhD. Are you still waiting to hear about funding? I haven't heard back from anyone and nobody is replying to my emails.
Hey, everyone :smile:
Just wanted to know if anyone else has a postgraduate offer from Imperial College London & the course you have opted for!
Mine:-
Course: MSc Strategic Marketing

Hey

I too received an offer for Msc Strategic Marketing 2013/2014. I too am an international student. Have you replied with offer confirmation yet?
Original post by lucyh2o
Hi --

I just got an offer for the MSc in Strategic Marketing too! pretty excited about it :smile:

I am a little worried about the accommodation situation though... It is gonna be a head ache finding an affordable place to live.

Hey Lucy

Congrats on the offer! I too have received an offer in the same programme.

Are you going for GradPad for accommodation??
Reply 58
hey stutidalmia -- congrats to you too! I am really looking forward to the programme :smile:

for accommodation, recently i have been leaning towards gradpad or some sort of dorm accommodation. It is so hard to arrange private housing when you don't already live in London. I am thinking that living somewhere like gradpad might make moving and settling in a lot easier.

Are you going for gradpad? woodlane or griffen?
Hi, glad to know you all there and I have just received an unconditional offer from Imperial College.

Program: Msc Strategic Marketing

I am thinking of the the accommodation and seems Gradpad is not the best choice, isn't it :'(?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending