The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno836
my DofE expedition is on the 15th june :smile: on a weekend -_- ...... do we have to do some presentation thing after :O

what's 'the challenge' ?

I dunno.. I'm doing my bronze. The Challenge is basically loads of activities you do together as a team and you just have great fun.

You get to choose what you would like to do :- photography, drama , enterprise, etc. I chose photography :wink:
Check this link if you wanna find out more

http://www.the-challenge.org/
Original post by Olympiad
Thanks!

Would you be able to help with angles/bearings, or too difficult without face?
Our teacher never taught it to us and in scared I don't know it well ;/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bearings... so boring :/

What do you mean by angles? Circle theorems? If you know about alternate angles and corresponding angles then you're fine.

Bearings: take them from north and clockwise, it's always given as a 3 digit number.

Original post by N Kay
Hi Bude,
Could you pleaaaaaaaase send me your notes for vectors?! I need help. I'm like dying. Pleasseeee :3

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App

What part of vectors? All of it? Are you doing IGCSE Edexcel?
Original post by PriyaPaul
I dunno.. I'm doing my bronze. The Challenge is basically loads of activities you do together as a team and you have great fun basically.

You get to choose what you would like to do :- photography, drama , enterprise, etc. I chose photography :wink:

ohhh i'm doing bronze too :smile:

those options you listed don't really sound my style ;D
Original post by Bude8
Bearings... so boring :/

What do you mean by angles? Circle theorems? If you know about alternate angles and corresponding angles then you're fine.

Bearings: take them from north and clockwise, it's always given as a 3 digit number.

What part of vectors? All of it? Are you doing IGCSE Edexcel?

Don't worry about angles,
How would I work out bearings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dunno.. I'm doing my bronze. The Challenge is basically loads of activities you do together as a team and you just have great fun.

I'm doing it! When are you doing it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry about angles,
How would I work out bearings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really really easy.
They'll probably give you a north line (it's just a straight line going up, from the vertex of a point usually)
You put the 0 of your protractor along the edge of the north and measure the angle clockwise.
Original post by Bude8
Really really easy.
They'll probably give you a north line (it's just a straight line going up, from the vertex of a point usually)
You put the 0 of your protractor along the edge of the north and measure the angle clockwise.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing it! When are you doing it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you talking about DofE or The Challenge ?
Are you talking about DofE or The Challenge ?

Challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
ohhh i'm doing bronze too :smile:

those options you listed don't really sound my style ;D

lool..it's more than that. There are other activities, like water sports and stuff. I'm not entirely sure what else there is .

24th July- 8th August.
wbu ? :smile:
lool..it's more than that. There are other activities, like water sports and stuff. I'm not entirely sure what else there is .

ohh that's alright then :biggrin:
Seeing all the talk about Chemistry has made me think on how much I miss science :frown:
Reply 2833
Original post by Pabblethefish
I knew Slim would come up!

Having said that, I don't think I did very well on Part a... I just kept talking about what a swell guy Slim is and basically waffled about respect, majesty and hierarchy, I didn't really get much AO2 in :frown:

However, I think I may have countered this with my response to part b as I got a load of AO1, a fair bit of AO2 in and a lot of AO4 in :smile:

That was pretty much my answer, blah Slim blah great blah god like blah. I only really wrote about A02 for part a, and a little bit about themes.
Reply 2834
Damn. I should've done the Challenge! May have met some of you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

yhhh you should have.

Btw your avatar is soo adorable.. Lovee it so muchh :love:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Seeing all the talk about Chemistry has made me think on how much I miss science :frown:

Do you not do it? :s-smilie:

Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing it :woo:
yeppp.. and thanks :wink:

Are you doing it ? :smile:

I was going to do the challenge this year, but other plans came in the way, so i'm just going to do it next year with a bunch of my friends

yeah, i did my bronze last year, and i can tell you,that the journey was kinda hellish (the bugs! and the crap weather) but when I look back at it, it was really fun :smile:

hope you have a lot of fun too! sounds like your going to be very busy this summer :yep:
Original post by anzipanzi
I was going to do the challenge this year, but other plans came in the way, so i'm just going to do it next year with a bunch of my friends

yeah, i did my bronze last year, and i can tell the journey was kinda hellish (the bugs! and the crap weather) , but when you look back at it it was really fun :smile:

hope you have a lot of fun too! sounds like your going to be very busy this summer :yep:

. Thanks :wink: yeahhh I am and I'm really excited.
yhhh you should have.

Btw your avatar is soo adorable.. Lovee it so muchh :love:

Latest