The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Benitez heading to Napoli, he will do a fantastic job there. Wouldn't be surprised if Cavani stays now.
Reply 2861
Congrats on winning the EL. Also pleased for El Nino to score an important goal in the final.

Even though I maintain that Rafa has done a satisfactory job with the talented squad he had at his disposal, he still deserves credit for getting 3rd place and winning the EL.

Btw, if Jose comes back to Chelsea, does anyone worry that he won't do well this time around?
Reply 2862
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Benitez heading to Napoli, he will do a fantastic job there. Wouldn't be surprised if Cavani stays now.

Can't lie, that's a very good appointment. He thoroughly deserves that job too. I reckon he'll do a similar job to the liverpool job I think.
Original post by Cable
Congrats on winning the EL. Also pleased for El Nino to score an important goal in the final.

Even though I maintain that Rafa has done a satisfactory job with the talented squad he had at his disposal, he still deserves credit for getting 3rd place and winning the EL.

Btw, if Jose comes back to Chelsea, does anyone worry that he won't do well this time around?

Agree here, like I said before for a good/great season we'd have to get any two of 2nd, FA cup or EL.

At least we get credit for winning a trophy, one that english clubs have underperformed in as well despite even better teams than us being in the competition.

Na, he'll be fine most teams are in transition, our team has pretty much transitioned itself for mourinho to use and will only get better. Next season will be one of the best in PL history.
Reply 2863
Slight downer here, considering our board it was clear RDM wasn't wanted in the first place, he should have left on a high and I wouldn't have begrudged him leaving. I wanted us to bring in capello last season for a year or two but at least we're likely to get mourinho back, so it pans out well enough at the end.

Original post by sevchenko
Good interview, consummate professional, he's a top guy for not wanting to play in England if Chelsea didn't renew. Him and Terry are the last of their kind at Chelsea, I can't see anyone else who there who bleeds Chelsea 24/7.

For the englishmen yes. I think people like luiz and mata will be there for a long time. Imagine if zola was in our team. :sogood: zola deserved more trophies than he got with us.
(edited 10 years ago)
I reckon Hazard will be poached in a few years :\
Original post by Nickini
You completely missed the point. I'm not talking about Arsenal as a club, or saying you didn't deserve to come forth/be in the CL, I'm talking about the fans on here, who's attitudes seem to be fairly consistent with those of other Arsenal supporters on other forums/etc. i visit.

Look at the Spurs thread, it's barely active and had about three posts in the last week until yesterday, when pretty much every Arsenal fan took it upon themselves to go over there and take the piss. You beat them to 4th ffs, not to 1st. Congratulations and all but you just embarrassed yourselves. No one's making out the EL to be the biggest achievement ever, yet when we won it, several Arsenal fans still took it upon themselves to come and post in here trying to downplay it, whilst having a several page bitch about how it "means nothing" and "i'd rather not win it" in your own thread. On here, every club has the odd troll who seems to enjoy posting in other threads being a dick but it seems like the majority of Arsenal fans are at it. As I said, it's like you care more about other teams underachieving than your own club's success, and yet always seem to be the first to criticise any questionable actions of another club/their fans.

Yes I did miss the point, I got three instead

:getmecoat:

AFC get a lot of stick from other clubs, pundits etc. so we have the right to give it back.
I'm also pretty sure that all the users who troll other threads still post more on their own clubs page, in other words: they don't care more about other clubs than their own.
A couple of forums are not representative of our fan base as you may know.
And so what if we celebrate that we beat them to 4th. It's bragging rights but more importantly Champions League. Though I do admit, it's disappointing that 3rd or 4th is our target nowadays, rather than actually competing for the league.
Next season will be determined on whether:
1) Giroud or Podolski improve
2) Koscielny and Mertesacker stay consistent
3) Wilshere is not injured
4) Who we buy in the transfer window
Reply 2866
Mourinho exit at end of season confirmed http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/22593050
Original post by The Assassin
I reckon Hazard will be poached in a few years :\

Why? and by who? If Mourinho joins you guys shouldn't regress. its not like you guys need money as well :tongue:

Only player who I think could be nicked is Courtois :tongue:
Reply 2868
Original post by jam277
Can't lie, that's a very good appointment. He thoroughly deserves that job too. I reckon he'll do a similar job to the liverpool job I think.

Agree here, like I said before for a good/great season we'd have to get any two of 2nd, FA cup or EL.

At least we get credit for winning a trophy, one that english clubs have underperformed in as well despite even better teams than us being in the competition.

Na, he'll be fine most teams are in transition, our team has pretty much transitioned itself for mourinho to use and will only get better. Next season will be one of the best in PL history.

Hope so.

Jose didn't have a good time at Real. So I'm scared it might have affected him badly and won't recover properly. Time will tell.

With Chelsea's current squad and some smart additions/recalls in the summer, it should be a very exciting season for Chelsea next season.
Original post by Malevolent
Why? and by who? If Mourinho joins you guys shouldn't regress. its not like you guys need money as well :tongue:

Right now I'm not really sure... but in a few years if he achieves world-class status I wouldn't be surprised one of the bigger clubs decides to take him... Idk, just a feeling. You're right about Mourinho, but I don't expect him to stay here for too long - unless he decides to become disinterested in changing clubs often and finally decides a long-term future at Chelsea :sogood: :tongue:.

Yeah lol Courtois will probably be sold - unless Cech suffers a bad injury in the next 2 or so seasons
Reply 2870
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Yes I did miss the point, I got three instead

:getmecoat:

AFC get a lot of stick from other clubs, pundits etc. so we have the right to give it back.
I'm also pretty sure that all the users who troll other threads still post more on their own clubs page, in other words: they don't care more about other clubs than their own.
A couple of forums are not representative of our fan base as you may know.
And so what if we celebrate that we beat them to 4th. It's bragging rights but more importantly Champions League. Though I do admit, it's disappointing that 3rd or 4th is our target nowadays, rather than actually competing for the league.
Next season will be determined on whether:
1) Giroud or Podolski improve
2) Koscielny and Mertesacker stay consistent
3) Wilshere is not injured
4) Who we buy in the transfer window
Yeah of course. I'm not criticising Arsenal fans on here for celebrating, obviously to still qualify for CL year in year out despite sticking to a strict budget is an amazing achievement. My biggest gripe was the reaction to us winning the EL tbh, don't see why some of you take such issue with another clubs success :dontknow:.

I really hope Arsenal do make some quality signings over the summer, and I hope Wilshere gets over his injuries to live up to his potential, he stands the best chance of becoming world class out England's current generation of players IMO, with injuries being his main obstacle. If Chelsea/City/United/Arsenal all strengthen as they are supposedly going to then the only way is up for the EPL.

Original post by Malevolent

IIRC correctly he has a childhood dream of playing for Real, so if they came knocking I don't think we could stop him from leaving.
Original post by Nickini
Yeah of course. I'm not criticising Arsenal fans on here for celebrating, obviously to still qualify for CL year in year out despite sticking to a strict budget is an amazing achievement. My biggest gripe was the reaction to us winning the EL tbh, don't see why some of you take such issue with another clubs success :dontknow:.

I really hope Arsenal do make some quality signings over the summer, and I hope Wilshere gets over his injuries to live up to his potential, he stands the best chance of becoming world class out England's current generation of players IMO, with injuries being his main obstacle. If Chelsea/City/United/Arsenal all strengthen as they are supposedly going to then the only way is up for the EPL.

IIRC correctly he has a childhood dream of playing for Real, so if they came knocking I don't think we could stop him from leaving.

Casillas is roughly the same age as Cech so he'd have to play second fiddle (he's too good for that) at Madrid too.
Reply 2872
Original post by Zerforax
Casillas is roughly the same age as Cech so he'd have to play second fiddle (he's too good for that) at Madrid too.
I was talking about Hazard :tongue: Not sure how good he'd be in goal...
What do we reckon ? reckon Mourinho is gonna come here ? would be pretty mint if he does , my only worry is that he is not a viable long-term option , just hope he can build up enough stability in the squad for self-sustenance when another manager comes in after him !
Hoping to get tickets to that first match of the season next year, should be much easier for me to go to matches since I'll be at Uni right near London.
Marko Marin's replacement?

Reply 2876
Original post by EmperorMustard
Marko Marin's replacement?

Future chelsea legend. :sogood:
Awks for Fereira :laugh:
So if Mourinho comes back I guess RA has given up on wanting to play attractive football or will Mourinho change?
Reply 2879
Original post by NDGAARONDI
So if Mourinho comes back I guess RA has given up on wanting to play attractive football or will Mourinho change?

Will change, I think mourinho is a very adaptive manager in this regard, we'll see some more of the 1-0 park bus from back in the day but besides that mostly we'll play dominating attacking football. Like at real madrid. We have the players for it this time, rather than when we had a midfield of ballack, lampard, makalele and essien, they obviously don't sound like the most attractive playing players(despite their technical ability)

Mourinho

Spoiler

We can look at madrid as well. Real are a very good example, in comparison to the previous year, where ronaldo, kaka, alonso, arbeloa, raul albiol and benzema were bought(all CL regulars at their clubs), mourinho bought khedira, pedro leon, mesut ozil and di maria the next season. While you would say that his signings worked out just as well as pellegrini's(bar ronaldo obviously) they seemed rather unspectacular at the time yet he made those players(bar pedro leon) the main part of the team.

Also, in response to the other post, we should have been given WHL if it came to a playoff, any premier league ground in london besides loftus road would have been fine imo.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)

Latest