The Student Room Group

HISTORY UNIT 2M 22may 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
For all those asking these were the JAN 13 questions :colondollar:
source
How far do the views in source B differ from those in source A in relation the us eof terror in the years 1933 to 1934?
using source a b c
How important was the use of security services for the removal of opposition to the Nazi regime in the years 1934 to 1939
2 Explain why the Hitler Myth was promoted in the 1930s
b] The use of propaganda by the Nazis in the 1930s failed as a means of mass indoctrination explain why you agree or disagree with this view
3 Explain why the Nazi regime proclaimed 'total war' in february 1943
b] Civilian opposition presented the most serious challenge to the Nazi rule within Germany n the years 1933 to 1945 explain why you agree or disagree with this view
:wink:
Reply 21
Anyone know how to structure the 1st question of the paper? the 12 mark
Is it:

Source A's view then own knowledge
Source B view then knowledge
Similarities
Who wrote it and when
Judgement?
I agree. I'm going to go over all of those. Do you think it's worth revising the police and use of terror and extent to conformity (sec 3 chapter 2) Because it came up in jan :s
Original post by dlabz
I really feel
Consolidation
Youth
Churches would come up
and if you look at the paper the final years always come up so thats almost something people should read

I agree. I'm going to go over all of those. Do you think it's worth revising the police and use of terror and extent to conformity (sec 3 chapter 2) Because it came up in jan :s
Reply 24
Original post by Filch's cat

The honest advise i can give you is read everything if your in a do or die situation just prepare yourself very well for two section
for me i'm focusing on unit 1 and unit 3 because their some how linked ( Nazi Consolidation and focus on each social group)
and unit 3 and unit 4 are linked for the effects of Nazi on the lives of German people ( here you see the final years and the extent of conformity)
Unit2 is an overall section that can be used at any part( effects of propaganda on a general note)
i hope what i said made sense. not really good at english
Reply 25
Original post by LaLady
Anyone know how to structure the 1st question of the paper? the 12 mark
Is it:

Source A's view then own knowledge
Source B view then knowledge
Similarities
Who wrote it and when
Judgement?

I might have to disagree with your structure i think its :
Try to have like 5 paragrapghs in total always link to question
P- point a difference
E- expand on this
E- examples using your own knowledge
L- Link back to the question!
1 difference between views- link to quetsion( use your own knowledge on each section)
2nd difference between views- ""
3rd difference between views- ""
Similarities- try to get 2 out
Show provenance stating that differences in source A and B might have been as a result of the wirters and their experience
Conclude make a judgement of how far they differ!
Hope i helped :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by johngob
Anyone know what came up in Jan?

I posted the January questions !:smile:
Re: HISTORY UNIT 2M 22may 2013

For all those asking these were the JAN 13 questions :colondollar:
source
How far do the views in source B differ from those in source A in relation the us eof terror in the years 1933 to 1934?
using source a b c
How important was the use of security services for the removal of opposition to the Nazi regime in the years 1934 to 1939
2 Explain why the Hitler Myth was promoted in the 1930s
b] The use of propaganda by the Nazis in the 1930s failed as a means of mass indoctrination explain why you agree or disagree with this view
3 Explain why the Nazi regime proclaimed 'total war' in february 1943
b] Civilian opposition presented the most serious challenge to the Nazi rule within Germany n the years 1933 to 1945 explain why you agree or disagree with this view
:wink:
Im thinking about doing the same.. But wouldn't that be too risky because anything could come up as a 1b question and you would have to answer that...
Reply 28
Ugh I hope the questions are nice I didn't like January although I did like the Hitler myth question. anyone got any good notes?
Reply 29
Guys help!!!!
Can anyone make predictions about what is going to come up tomorrow for pitt-peel???
Reply 30
pitt-peel???

im guessing section 1 and 4.

im scared cos like, i was off for the whole section 4. :L ugh, unit 2 has too much stuff compared to unit1
Reply 31
They tend to repeat past questions but change the phrasing so just do past questions as well
Reply 32
how many differences should u do??? 3??? i write upto half a page just for 1 difference between them :s-smilie:
Original post by dlabz
The honest advise i can give you is read everything if your in a do or die situation just prepare yourself very well for two section
for me i'm focusing on unit 1 and unit 3 because their some how linked ( Nazi Consolidation and focus on each social group)
and unit 3 and unit 4 are linked for the effects of Nazi on the lives of German people ( here you see the final years and the extent of conformity)
Unit2 is an overall section that can be used at any part( effects of propaganda on a general note)
i hope what i said made sense. not really good at english

It did! Thanks alot. I'm hoping section 1 and 3 come up. Nothing about the police and use of terror though I hope. Good luck!
Reply 34
Goodluck everyone :smile:
Hope you all do really well in this guys here's a really good revision guide: http://www.educationforum.co.uk/history/isambard/nazirevision.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending