The Student Room Group

AQA Accounting Unit 2 - 22nd May

Scroll to see replies

Surely there is a reason why limited company income statements have never been asked? It would be strange to suddenly ask them now but you cant rule anything out, since they do ask for balance sheets for limited companys.
Reply 21
Original post by Infamous12
Surely there is a reason why limited company income statements have never been asked? It would be strange to suddenly ask them now but you cant rule anything out, since they do ask for balance sheets for limited companys.

Yeh, they might just add a appropriation account question that relates to the income statement. I think a balance sheet will come up, i don't see many of them in Unit 2 past papers.
Whats an appropriation account :/
Reply 23
Original post by sunny_bunny
Whats an appropriation account :/

Sorry forget that last comment from me. AQA doesn't require you to create an appropriation account. -Note: Students will not be expected to prepare an appropriation account but could be asked to prepare a statement showing all changes in equity.-*

*Link:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/business-studies/a-level/accounting-2120/subject-content

Oh thank God, I've finally found a thread for this paper. Good luck to you guys! :biggrin:

Asadsiddiq, that document helps SO MUCH, thank you!

I don't know how I feel. I'm making loads of notes, and I understand them, but I haven't attacked a past paper yet.

I'm just struggling answering this question: "How do you make a profit while having an overdraft?" Any help please? :frown:
Original post by VisionAim
Yeh, they might just add a appropriation account question that relates to the income statement. I think a balance sheet will come up, i don't see many of them in Unit 2 past papers.

Appropriation accounts are not in the specification, dont worry about those.
Timing difference of credit sales. Purchase of a non current asset. Drawings.
Reply 27
Original post by Mr.yellowey

Yeh I realised shortly after, I replied but it got sent out to be verified :angry:
Original post by FaisalTreShah
Oh thank God, I've finally found a thread for this paper. Good luck to you guys! :biggrin:

Asadsiddiq, that document helps SO MUCH, thank you!

I don't know how I feel. I'm making loads of notes, and I understand them, but I haven't attacked a past paper yet.

I'm just struggling answering this question: "How do you make a profit while having an overdraft?" Any help please? :frown:

That came up In June 2012 so is unlikely to feature again but just in case check out the January 2010 Mark scheme (Very last question) It gives more information than the June 2012 one, so that's your best bet.

Limited Company income statements were asked last year June 2012, I'm hoping it features again.
I think a balance sheet is most likely to come up
Limited Company income statements were asked last year June 2012, I'm hoping it features again.

That is a balance sheet.
That is a balance sheet.

Ohh oops.
Reply 33
I hope we don't have to evaluate any ratio's or liquidity for like 15 odd marks. Thats gonna be a killer.
Original post by VisionAim
I hope we don't have to evaluate any ratio's or liquidity for like 15 odd marks. Thats gonna be a killer.

Same!! I hate them :/
Reply 35
Just out of interest, has anyone got any sort of unofficial mark scheme for this summers unit 1?
Original post by sunny_bunny
Timing difference of credit sales. Purchase of a non current asset. Drawings.

That came up In June 2012 so is unlikely to feature again but just in case check out the January 2010 Mark scheme (Very last question) It gives more information than the June 2012 one, so that's your best bet.

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Blyts-_
Same, ACCN 2 sucks, I'm struggling with everything :P how about you?

I feel the same, everything is so complicated, and I sometimes they change the shares of say 25p to £1.00 by multiplying it by 4, I don't understand why, why don't they just leave it at 25p?
Reply 38

You are still expected to know about the appropriations account. It is a must aspect to know about. It just wont be examined directly at AS as the Statement of Changes in Equity is the new Accounting format. It is however examined at A2 for Partnership Accounting.
Reply 39
Original post by Economist21
I feel the same, everything is so complicated, and I sometimes they change the shares of say 25p to £1.00 by multiplying it by 4, I don't understand why, why don't they just leave it at 25p?

Take everything step-by-step. Take the spec list and work from that. Always think and ask yourself - what must I know about this topic? How can the examiner write a question on this kind of topic? What past paper example questions are there on this topic?

With Accounting you have to take one topic at a time and grasp it and then others and suddenly the topics fall together to get a bigger understanding of Accounting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending