The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Original post by StalkeR47
Are you guys still talking about intensity and frequency?

Yeah :smile:
For the oscilloscope question I wrote that the time base should be adjusted so that the time was 4ms per division instead of 2ms per division. Is that right? If so, how many marks would I get?
Reply 1482
Anyone know for the conservation of energy if I've proved it but not wrote anything would I at least get 1 mark?
Reply 1483
Original post by 123456789012
For the oscilloscope question I wrote that the time base should be adjusted so that the time was 4ms per division instead of 2ms per division. Is that right? If so, how many marks would I get?

It was 1ms per div not 2. If you counted the squares 10ms was at the 10th square
So it should have been 1ms to 2ms or 2.5ms
i really dont know why im still here, im not really finding out if i got things right,im only finding out that i might have got them wrong and reading better answers then mine, this is depressing! hahahhaa
Reply 1485
Original post by swagadon
i really dont know why im still here, im not really finding out if i got things right,im only finding out that i might have got them wrong and reading better answers then mine, this is depressing! hahahhaa

What questions were you worried about? Let's see if you got similar to mine :smile:
Reply 1486
Original post by Qari
It was 1ms per div not 2. If you counted the squares 10ms was at the 10th square

it wanted 2 waves in 10 squares so if at 1ms/div there was 1 wave.... *three dots in triangle* 2ms/div will give you 2 waves..think that KO
Reply 1487
Original post by Qari

it had to be at least 2ms per division to fit two waveforms on? each wavelength was 10ms and there was only 10 squares.
Original post by Qari

Oh no! Would I get even a single mark though? Say if I got around 60 raw marks, how many UMS do you reckon that would be?
Reply 1489
Original post by amar96
it wanted 2 waves in 10 squares so if at 1ms there was 1 wave.... *three dots in triangle* 2ms/div will give you 2 waves..think that KO

Someone said it was 2ms and they did to 4ms and would they have been able to see the 2 waves completely?
Reply 1490
Original post by 123456789012
Oh no! Would I get even a single mark though? Say if I got around 60 raw marks, how many UMS do you reckon that would be?

here you are check,
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums
aaaaammmmamamam yaun yaun yaun:boring: I am really tired. damit, I needed to do more revision on sociology.
Reply 1492
Original post by StalkeR47
aaaaammmmamamam yaun yaun yaun:boring: I am really tired. damit, I needed to do more revision on sociology.

Just realies my mate has that exam tomorrow
Original post by Qari

it was 2ms per square because it wanted 2 cycles. each cycle was 10ms and therefore 2 cycles would be 20ms. and if we divide this by the number of horizontal squares (10) we get 2ms per square.
OMG STOP TALKING ABOUT this oscilloscope. you are making me fall asleep. you got what you got. you did what you could. and you cannot change it, can u? so shhhh and wait for the results day.
Reply 1495
Original post by dr.zoidberg
it was 2ms per square because it wanted 2 cycles. each cycle was 10ms and therefore 2 cycles would be 20ms. and if we divide this by the number of horizontal squares (10) we get 2ms per square.

I'm saying Figure 2 not what we had to change
I swear the question said that there were 8 vertical divisions :s-smilie:. So if 1 complete cycle was 10ms, 2 complete cycles would be 20ms, 20/8= 2.5ms per division?:confused:
Reply 1497
Original post by v1k2a3t4
I swear the question said that there were 8 vertical divisions :s-smilie:. So if 1 complete cycle was 10ms, 2 complete cycles would be 20ms, 20/8= 2.5ms per division?:confused:

Yes, but you are interested in the horizontal divisions for the time base, as the time base is on the horizontal axes.
Original post by Kayakayakaya
question 4, about the frequency being reduced, surely this has no effect unless the frequency is below the threshold frequency?

I think that lowering the frequency would mean less photon energy, hence KEmax is less because hf=KEmax+work function (constant). So the electrons have a lower kinetic energy.
Original post by v1k2a3t4

This is what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending