The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RibenaRockstar
You can solve both problems at once by eating a steak every day!

Haha! Very good point :wink: if only I had the appetite for it :smile:
Reply 141
I'm 18, I weigh 10 stones, 34" waist and 360

Posted from TSR Mobile
Age 17
Dress size 6
Weight 48kg
Height 5'6"
30A

But yeah, as long as you're a healthy weight and happy with yourself - you're on the right lines.
I wouldn't say "as long as you're getting complimented" though. Because not everyone has the luxury of compliments! ...believe me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
15 (16 in 2 months)
8.6-9 stones (8.6 last I checked a couple of months ago guessing its increased
36C
5ft4 (last checked couple months ago)
Dress size 12
Lol I don't really check much n ik I'm fat :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Unsure.
Original post by 1D - Belieber
15 (16 in 2 months)
8.6-9 stones (8.6 last I checked a couple of months ago guessing its increased
36C
5ft4 (last checked couple months ago)
Dress size 12
Lol I don't really check much n ik I'm fat :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is isn't fat! I'm shorter than you and weigh the same :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many people on here must be absolutely tiny!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Im 17

5ft tall
7 and half stone
and a 32A : (
lol

I know exactly how you feel, petite and it's so difficult to get clothes O.o it's horrible! I don't even fit an age 12 from new look kids :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophiekutie
Hey :smile:. Any tips for gaining some weight... I've just never been that interested in food and really should weigh a bit more than I do...

Age. 17 (in 2 weeks)
Height. 157cm's? Lol
Weight: 6 stone 5

EDIT: oh, and before someone asks, NO, I'm not anorexic.

I think I just got older really. Things like this have a great habit of settling down past the age of 20 or so. The other explanation is a thyroid issue (though it's the opposite to what people expected all along when I was lighter, underactive which means weight gain) but because it's stabilised that doesn't explain it either. Certainly I did not do anything drastic to my diet. I eat primarily meat and carbs- especially pasta, pizza, spaghetti etc.

Your BMI does land you in the underweight range, so absolutely you should try to take in some more calories than you are doing BUT please don't stress about it. If you're into small portions and you're not that pushed about food, you could try snacking little and often. Things like nuts especially, but fruit and cereal bars (the good kind, not frosties bars) are always a good choice. Another option is a supplement to add calories, like Complan. No scary protein shakes like bodybuilders have, it's just like a milkshake so it wouldn't be any effort on your part to consciously eat more food. It comes in chocolate and strawberry flavours as far as I remember. Don't let anyone tell you that you must have an eating disorder! It's the height of rudeness.

It would also be worthwhile to have a quick bloodtest for thyroid issues. You did say it's moreso you're not interested in food rather than unexplained can't-gain-weight, but still they're very common and you should rule it out. Also they are connected to low iron which you said you have.
Age 17
10 stone
size 12
bra size 32DD - I got properly measured at John Lewis. By the look of it, some people might be wearing a band size too big.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 150
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17, weight about 9 and half stone, dress size 12.
5ft 3
34F/G depending on the shop
I'm planning on losing some weight over the summer, mostly just because I want to be fitter, being skinny-er would be a bonus too though, especially for uni

I'm similar to you!
I'm 5'3 and around 9.5 stone with 34F boobs in most M&S bras.
but I'm usually a size 10/12 on the bottom, or 8/10 if its like a skirt sitting on waist not hip, and often have to get a size 16 or 18 on top or in dresses and sow it in so it doesn't make me look like an elephant!
Reply 151
I don't mean this in a mean way at all but:
I feel like some people here are either lying about breast size, or dress size...
34C means you measure 37inches round the bust making you a 12 - 14 on top... a lot of people that size have been saying they are 8's O.o that doesn't add up... saying size 10, sure you probably like stuff very tight, but 8?
Or do most people just like tops to be tighter than I do? :smile:
Original post by AnnyM
I feel like some people here are either lying about breast size, or dress size...
34C means you measure 37inches round the bust making you a 12 - 14 on top... a lot of people that size have been saying they are 8's O.o that doesn't add up... saying size 10, sure you probably like stuff very tight, but 8?

They're most likely in a bra size with a too big band and too small cup. That being said, I wear an 8-10 and have a bust measurement of 40" a 28HH, it does happen and it's not that uncommon. I get a lot of clothes custom made because I have an issue with getting them to fit my bust and waist, which is 27". I can and do wear size 8 tops and dresses though if the material allows
honestly, you really shouldn't worry about your weight!! it makes me so sad when all that so many girls care about it to do with their looks, be happy no matter what size you are!!

as long as you are eating healthy and exercising that is all that is important

sorry to sound like a grandma but its completely true!
Reply 154
Original post by Harley
9 and half stone
5'2"
32D bra size
Size 8 - 10

Planning on losing weight over the summer though, I'd ideally like to be around 8 stone but I doubt that'll happen.

I'm the same! Except my bra size is 34B :biggrin:
5'10
12 stone 7
36 C
dress size 12-14.

trying to lose a stone to get me into a healthier bmi range, but I just love food :frown:
15 stones and 8 pounds.

although, i am horrendously fat.
Reply 157
I'm not good with the imperial measurements, so I'll just use the metrical system, if you don't mind.
I'm 16, 164cm, 47kg and 32C. I believe I have to lose weight still despite my BMI being roughly 17.5, because my thighs overlap and my belly is not flat.
Also, I'm size 6/8 for tops and 8/10 for trousers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AnnyM

I'm a 34 c and I'd go for a 10/8 in tops depending on the shop, the tops look like a good fit. That's not me wearing a too tight top or lying about my bra size (which frankly on the Internet would be rather sad...)
I know what you're saying, but in my opinion whenever I wear an 8 or 10 top they fit me perfectly :smile: if anything, the 10s in some shops are a little generous! The only shop I've ever experienced an 8 to be too small in the bust is lipsy, yet the 10s are a bit too big!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
10.5/11 stone
5 foot 10
size 10 top
size 8/10 bottom
32E
age 16
its so annoying being tall because everyone is like , wow you weigh so much!

Latest