The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gulzar
I got 85% but sadly that was a B if we go by last year's grade boundaries :frown:

That's still good though! I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure you'll be fine, just ace the exams :smile:
Reply 1141
Original post by Zaphod77
That's still good though! I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure you'll be fine, just ace the exams :smile:

Yeah hopefully it will be alright :smile:
Have u got f324 and f325 in june?
Reply 1142
Original post by Gulzar
How did u get such a high grade in f325??? When did u take that exam?

Going by last year's UMS coursework scores... 45+144=189. 270-189=81. 81/90 in F324 to get an A*, from my calculations! Well done :smile:

Did exam in jan 13, got high mark because revised on here with otrivine lots

81/90 thanks what mark out of 60 is that?
Original post by Gulzar
Yeah hopefully it will be alright :smile:
Have u got f324 and f325 in june?

Nope, just F324, I feel quite lucky, I wouldn't want the big exam now because I have such a big fat annoying Biology exam :tongue: You?
Original post by Zzzyax

It varies from paper to paper, so it's a bit difficult to tell, sorry!
Reply 1144
Nope, just F324, I feel quite lucky, I wouldn't want the big exam now because I have such a big fat annoying Biology exam :tongue: You?

It varies from paper to paper, so it's a bit difficult to tell, sorry!

Lol I got both chem a2 exams and a huge biol 5 aqa exam which is synoptic...lucky me :p:
Reply 1145
Original post by Zzzyax

Well I better get to work with otrivine then :biggrin:
Original post by Gulzar
Lol I got both chem a2 exams and a huge biol 5 aqa exam which is synoptic...lucky me :p:

Ooh, I feel sorry for you! Good luck :smile: You'll be ok though, you've just got to do your best! The Biology one for me's pretty synoptic too, OCR though... I'm working so hard at it, but I'm finding it hard to maintain a balance between all my subjects. You're probably more organised than me though :tongue:
How did everyone's coursework go? There was a heck of a lot of conversation on it, but I never heard how anyone did - was everyone happy? :smile:

I got 37/40 so it's not too bad really and gives me something to push towards the A or A* that I want and need :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
I got 37/40 so it's not too bad really and gives me something to push towards the A or A* that I want and need :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I got too :biggrin: Well done, that's good!
That's what I got too :biggrin: Well done, that's good!

Thanks! Now I just need top marks to get the grade needed or even better the grade I want personally! :biggrin: Can't believe I was only told today that we could bulletpoint our answers to get straight to the point -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! Now I just need top marks to get the grade needed or even better the grade I want personally! :biggrin: Can't believe I was only told today that we could bulletpoint our answers to get straight to the point -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you taking both exams, or just this one? You'll be fine, I'm sure :smile: Haha, bullet points are very useful, I use them on the long essay questions, it gives them some structure... I'm not very good at essays, so they work quite nicely!
Are you taking both exams, or just this one? You'll be fine, I'm sure :smile: Haha, bullet points are very useful, I use them on the long essay questions, it gives them some structure... I'm not very good at essays, so they work quite nicely!

I'm taking both as screwed up in January with a D, so now I'll only answer in bullet points to all questions as I know the answers it's just getting them on the paper is my problem :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1152
Ooh, I feel sorry for you! Good luck :smile: You'll be ok though, you've just got to do your best! The Biology one for me's pretty synoptic too, OCR though... I'm working so hard at it, but I'm finding it hard to maintain a balance between all my subjects. You're probably more organised than me though :tongue:

Same...I hate juggling around different subjects :frown: Ah well we will give it our all and hope for the best grades :wink:
I'm taking both as screwed up in January with a D, so now I'll only answer in bullet points to all questions as I know the answers it's just getting them on the paper is my problem :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, but at least you've had the experience of one exam, you'll do better this time! Yeah, time's a problem, it's just getting down everything concisely that's the key, I think. Good luck anyway, I'm sure you'll get up to an A! You need that for Maths somewhere, don't you?
Original post by Gulzar
Same...I hate juggling around different subjects :frown: Ah well we will give it our all and hope for the best grades :wink:

Yeah, but in the end it'll be worth it :biggrin: Wait till you come out with hundreds of As to brag about!
Ah, but at least you've had the experience of one exam, you'll do better this time! Yeah, time's a problem, it's just getting down everything concisely that's the key, I think. Good luck anyway, I'm sure you'll get up to an A! You need that for Maths somewhere, don't you?

I sure hope so but I'm not leaving things to chance though, gonna nail these exams this time around!!

Yeah I need this A to do Maths at Warwick :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sure hope so but I'm not leaving things to chance though, gonna nail these exams this time around!!

Yeah I need this A to do Maths at Warwick :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, go ace them! Awesome, Warwick's pretty good for Maths, that's impressive :smile: I need an A or A* to get into Medicine at Birmingham, also aiming for the A* :biggrin:
Fair enough, go ace them! Awesome, Warwick's pretty good for Maths, that's impressive :smile: I need an A or A* to get into Medicine at Birmingham, also aiming for the A* :biggrin:

You don't have to tell me twice! :biggrin: And thanks I was rather impressed when I got the offer, now achieving it is the next task :tongue: And very nice! Let's go and ace this exam then! :biggrin:
You don't have to tell me twice! :biggrin: And thanks I was rather impressed when I got the offer, now achieving it is the next task :tongue: And very nice! Let's go and ace this exam then! :biggrin:

Haha, I bet you were happy :tongue: That's the plan! Last set of exams, I want to ace every exam I'm taking... Little ambitious, but there's no harm in aiming for the best :biggrin:
Haha, I bet you were happy :tongue: That's the plan! Last set of exams, I want to ace every exam I'm taking... Little ambitious, but there's no harm in aiming for the best :biggrin:

I was indeed! And yeah I've got the same ambition, set the target of getting 4-5/8 of the exams at 100%! :biggrin: Let's see how it goes though :tongue: And I better get started on my Unit 1 revision tonight considering the exam is this Thursday! Speak another time :smile:
I was indeed! And yeah I've got the same ambition, set the target of getting 4-5/8 of the exams at 100%! :biggrin: Let's see how it goes though :tongue: And I better get started on my Unit 1 revision tonight considering the exam is this Thursday! Speak another time :smile:

Ah, you're also retaking unit 1? Me too. Except I'm doing mine on Wedensday.
Even though it's surprisingly easy now, I always find it's possible to make silly mistakes.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending