The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
C2 people,
I don't understand this at all! Where did cos come from? :s-smilie: I only know that sin²x=1-cos²x could someone explain please?

c2 seta5.png

Can A2 skills solve this mystery? :dontknow:

Original post by MathsNerd1
e3iπ2e^\frac{3i\pi}{2}

Original post by DJMayes
11=1\dfrac{1}{1}=1

Can you have a look at this please? I know what I'd do to answer the Q but the markscheme seems confusing :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by reubenkinara
Can you have a look at this please? I know what I'd do to answer the Q but the markscheme seems confusing :frown:

Which part? The first or second part?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1642
Oh gosh, i've managed to confuse quite a few people with this question, its 9 marks so I tried to do it but clearly failed, hopefully someone on here can solve it!

Thank you reubenkinara :h:
(edited 10 years ago)
Which part? The first or second part?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might need to actually do it. I just thought that for a C2 Q the answer would be instantly apparent. Can you help the OP?
Original post by tigerz
Oh gosh, i've managed to confuse quite a few people with this question, its 9 marks so I tried to do it but clearly failed, hopefully someone on here can solve it!

Thank you

Well this seems more of something that would arise in C3 but basically expand the 2 formulas and then let A+B = X and A-B = Y so to eliminate B just add them together and divide by 2 and then do the same to get B which you then sub in when you add the 2 formulas together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I might need to actually do it. I just thought that for a C2 Q the answer would be instantly apparent. Can you help the OP?

I feel like I have but it just seems not what you'd see in C2, I see that in C3 instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like I have but it just seems not what you'd see in C2, I see that in C3 instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought so too. I'm going to do it on paper now :smile:
Reply 1647

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, a few people have said that now, I think its from the old c2 spec, I always manage to find the dodgiest papers :cyber:

Okay, I'm trying to do it in my head to see how far I get :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
Yeah, a few people have said that now, I think its from the old c2 spec, I always manage to find the dodgiest papers :cyber:

Which year was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, I'm trying to do it in my head to see how far I get :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The last part is a bit puzzling. I think now that the 0s must be θs\theta s

Yeah, I'd take that assumption too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1652
Which year was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a c2 practice paper heres a link :smile:

OHH that makes sense lols I was so confused
Reply 1653
Original post by L'Evil Fish
My C3 is this Friday. Haven't started.

C4 is 13th June. Haven't started.

So I hope not :redface:

Youre naturally good at maths so youll be fine !!
Original post by ljh950912
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries were so low for c2 in jan 2010?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because of the circle question, the logs question and integration. I think the integration question was pretty easy though but the circle one was quite tough:s-smilie:
Best of luck with those exams, you'll smash them! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot :smile:

Although I learnt the content "properly" (still haven't learnt religious beliefs on all) last night :yy: as it's a self taught module...

So I'll do that third lesson.

The other is business, which is common sense.

C3 is 3 days :moon: I'll know whether the chance of an A* still exists then :redface:
Thanks a lot :smile:

Although I learnt the content "properly" (still haven't learnt religious beliefs on all) last night :yy: as it's a self taught module...

So I'll do that third lesson.

The other is business, which is common sense.

C3 is 3 days :moon: I'll know whether the chance of an A* still exists then :redface:

Very nice, I couldn't leave my stuff to the night before, I'd be incredibly stressed if I did!

Also if you put in the practice now you should still be able to get it, if not then maybe you should resit the A Level with a different board as universities are only bothered about the marks and grades you get, not that you did it early or anything. Good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very nice, I couldn't leave my stuff to the night before, I'd be incredibly stressed if I did!

Also if you put in the practice now you should still be able to get it, if not then maybe you should resit the A Level with a different board as universities are only bothered about the marks and grades you get, not that you did it early or anything. Good luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:mmm: I was stressed because I only got the book from my nans house yesterday!

Hmmm... I'll try for it this time :yy:
:mmm: I was stressed because I only got the book from my nans house yesterday!

Hmmm... I'll try for it this time :yy:

My god, that's very last minute then! And I'm hoping come results day we'll both be celebrating our A*'s in Maths! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My god, that's very last minute then! And I'm hoping come results day we'll both be celebrating our A*'s in Maths! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you do get an A*, you deserve it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending