The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
I think I got 34 :frown:

So gutted man
I think I may have got between 42 and 47. Which I'm pretty happy about. Now we just need a good G482 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madrevision
go home, you're drunk lol

Ahhahaha, agreed
think i dropped 6 marks. messed up the moments question and deriving 1/2mv^2. why is everyone complaining, everything they asked was in the ocr text book, people should of just revised more thoroughly
Reply 564
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
Original post by CompSci1
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like?

Maybe 43-45 for a low A. With most people finding it difficult it could be even lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9876543211
think i dropped 6 marks. messed up the moments question and deriving 1/2mv^2. why is everyone complaining, everything they asked was in the ocr text book, people should of just revised more thoroughly

KE derivation was not asked in the OCR textbook?
boom shakalaka
Reply 568
I know i lost a 1-3 marks on the YM question as i saw

GPa but for some reason i decided to put 1.875x10^6 rather than x10^9
Original post by JackLambourne
Maybe 43-45 for a low A. With most people finding it difficult it could be even lower.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 41 in Jan and that was easier.
Reply 570
Original post by Jordn
I know i lost a 1-3 marks on the YM question as i saw

GPa but for some reason i decided to put 1.875x10^6 rather than x10^9

i did all the working out right on the ym question but i forgot to divide the % by 100 so how many marks would I lose?
Reply 571
Original post by ss2012
i did all the working out right on the ym question but i forgot to divide the % by 100 so how many marks would I lose?

It depends on the mark scheme, they'd probably have

'Allow answers of x maximum of 2 marks or something going by all other mark schemes
Original post by Melli_
what i used was s=u+at^2
u= 0
a= what we are looking for
s= given
the solve for t. I think that's what i did. I'm not sure if that right. I got a U last time. I only did like a quarter of the paper >< Good luck with youre results! dw you'll do well. you have the other paper that's worth 150!!

Thank you :smile: I keep getting Ds :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
one thing schools need to realise and really emphasise is how ****ing **** the textbook for OCR AS physics is. The section on reflection doesn't even really tell you what it is! CGP or whatever its called revision guides are pretty good and the internet will have loads of stuff! i can imagine some schools dont emphasise the crapness of the textbook as much as ours do
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyways good luck to everyone who's still got to do G482. My AS Physics is finished :hat2:
Reply 575
I really hope I do better on the second unit otherwise I'm dropping physics for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in confusion, I thought if a force is exerted on an object that is on a flat plane, as that force is perpendicular to the weight it doesn't affect it at all, only the friction does (from the reaction), which I assume was negligible?
Original post by cameron1993
I'm in confusion, I thought if a force is exerted on an object that is on a flat plane, as that force is perpendicular to the weight it doesn't affect it at all, only the friction does (from the reaction), which I assume was negligible?

if we are on about the same question, that's what I thought until I heard everyone talking about the force F being the same as something because the raindrop was in equilibrium- seriously fml i'm so sc****d, I just put it's 0 because cos90=0
Reply 578
Original post by laurence231
one thing schools need to realise and really emphasise is how ****ing **** the textbook for OCR AS physics is. The section on reflection doesn't even really tell you what it is! CGP or whatever its called revision guides are pretty good and the internet will have loads of stuff! i can imagine some schools dont emphasise the crapness of the textbook as much as ours do

SO TRUE! ugh I hate them, if I was my school I would not trust an exam board that approved the waste of paper they call a textbook. Luckily my school barely ever uses them but they still manage to get on my nerves

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Anyways good luck to everyone who's still got to do G482. My AS Physics is finished :hat2:

are you taking A2 ?