The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
Original post by Olympiad
I wrote "I can't do this" in on of my papers, crossed it out though in fear I'd be disqualified or something :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looool i was going mad in the english paper. I was like... Here goes nothing. Appealing to the examiners sense of empathy was my last resort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2901
Original post by Bude8
I've always wanted to write cheeky messages in an exam.

"Explain why Sarah is wrong."
"She's a woman"

Hahahaha i get these urges too but ya know... Can't happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
I've always wanted to write cheeky messages in an exam.

"Explain why Sarah is wrong."
"She's a woman"

I wrote "Was für eine Prüfung!" (What an exam! - subtle mockery of the subject :tongue:) on my Spanish paper :mmm:
I always think of funny answers then start laughing at myself - the invigilators must think I'm a weirdo!
Never had the guts to write them though, even if I am 100% sure I don't know the answer I write something.

In physics if I don't know an answer I usually take about forces, mass, etc
Chemistry - talk about atoms vibrating faster
Biology - Talk about photosynthesis

They tend to give me a mark or two and work for every question :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

The answer to every Bigyolo question is photosynthesis.
I wrote this in a mock Physics paper.
"Explain how a chain reaction works"

"A neutron is slowed so that it can collide with a U-238 atom. The uranium becomes too unstable and decays into 2 daughter nuclei and also releases more neutrons. These neutrons collide with U-238 atoms. The uranium becomes too unstable and decays into 2 daughter nuclei and also releases more neutrons. These neutrons collide with U-238 atoms. The uranium becomes too unstable and decays into 2 daughter nuclei and also releases more neutrons. This process repeats itself and a chain reaction is achieved (pun intended)."
Original post by Bude8
The answer to every Bigyolo question is photosynthesis.
I wrote this in a mock Physics paper.
"Explain how a chain reaction works"

"A neutron is slowed so that it can collide with a U-238 atom. The uranium becomes too unstable and decays into 2 daughter nuclei and also releases more neutrons. These neutrons collide with U-238 atoms. The uranium becomes too unstable and decays into 2 daughter nuclei and also releases more neutrons. These neutrons collide with U-238 atoms. The uranium becomes too unstable and decays into 2 daughter nuclei and also releases more neutrons. This process repeats itself and a chain reaction is achieved (pun intended)."

LOOLZZZ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who wants to here my waking up story?
All of ya? Ok, I'll tell you.

Basically, as y'all know (or should know because obviously you guys love stalking me) I was planning on waking up at 5:45 today.
When I set the alarm on my phone I was half dead and accidentally chose "4:55" by accident. So, as a result I woke up at 4:55 then decided to have a lie in. Ten minutes later I properly woke up and went for a shower and began revising. Then I looked at the clock so I can time manage and realised it was only 5:20.

So yeah guys, that's my story of the day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2906

Basically, as y'all know (or should know because obviously you guys love stalking me) I was planning on waking up at 5:45 today.
When I set the alarm on my phone I was half dead and accidentally chose "4:55" by accident. So, as a result I woke up at 4:55 then decided to have a lie in. Ten minutes later I properly woke up and went for a shower and began revising. Then I looked at the clock so I can time manage and realised it was only 5:20.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool story sis! Haha

I'll tell you my story of today. I woke up... Revised. Nothing i revised came up in the exam. Lunchtime we ripped up all my work and literally the floor was covered in paper. We danced in the paper. We then played musical chairs. Then shoved all the paper down my friends dress and locked her out of the class. Then we sang. The i got both my hands massaged for an hour during free double period.

My life.. Is... TOO interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm.. when did you sleep? Were you able to focus, or did you want to go back to sleep?
Original post by Jina
Cool story sis! Haha

I'll tell you my story of today. I woke up... Revised. Nothing i revised came up in the exam. Lunchtime we ripped up all my work and literally the floor was covered in paper. We danced in the paper. We then played musical chairs. Then shoved all the paper down my friends dress and locked her out of the class. Then we sang. The i got both my hands massaged for an hour during free double period.

My life.. Is... TOO interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL - not as interesting as my story :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
Hmm.. when did you sleep? Were you able to focus, or did you want to go back to sleep?

As soon as I said bye on the Chemistry thread don't remember what time that was :s-smilie:
At first I was like "fml I hate life I hate waking up early I want to sleep" but straight after I had my shower I could concentrate so well. - think I'm going to wake up early more often, it felt like a regular day except with more hours to do stuff :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As soon as I said bye on the Chemistry thread don't remember what time that was :s-smilie:
At first I was like "fml I hate life I hate waking up early I want to sleep" but straight after I had my shower I could concentrate so well. - think I'm going to wake up early more often, it felt like a regular day except with more hours to do stuff :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, so roughly so roughly 10:30-11.

If you can, try sleeping for 7 and a half hours at night, then have a 90 minute nap throughout the day.
My roomie and I sometimes leave the curtain open a bit - we feel that having natural light wake us up has synergy with our body clocks (I know a lot about sleep and how it works :biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got kicked out of school :frown:
Original post by Bude8
Ah, so roughly so roughly 10:30-11.

If you can, try sleeping for 7 and a half hours at night, then have a 90 minute nap throughout the day.
My roomie and I sometimes leave the curtain open a bit - we feel that having natural light wake us up has synergy with our body clocks (I know a lot about sleep and how it works :biggrin:)

I never nap throughout the day, it feels weird :s-smilie: what's the advantages of it? I've never really considered it either, only time I do it is if I'm ill.
Roomie, do you go to a boarding school? So cool!
I'm going to sleep now, night!
We can discuss the Chemistry paper tomorrow :biggrin:
Edit: this was my 2,00th post! Feel special Bude8, it was dedicated to you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Meliss

Why?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never nap throughout the day, it feels weird :s-smilie: what's the advantages of it? I've never really considered it either, only time I do it is if I'm ill.
Roomie, do you go to a boarding school? So cool!
I'm going to sleep now, night!
We can discuss the Chemistry paper tomorrow :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, I board :smile:

well, you essentially get 9 hours of sleep. Your sleep cycles start and end every 90 minutes, 7 hours and 30 minutes is a factor of this and the recommended 8 hours isn't. Waking up during a sleep cycle makes you feel quite groggy - if you ever wake up in the morning feeling really awake it's because you didn't wake up during a sleep cycle. So you sleep for 7 hours and a half, wake up at the end of a cycle so you feel very awake, and then you have a nap later on in the day. The benefit of a nap - moar sleep! :mmm:
And also, it apparently boosts learning power, or helps you focus. I'm going to try it.

NN :h:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Does anybody know how to summarise the whole of chemistry in two days? I've done the revision :smile:

I wanted to stay there and revise for exams but apparently now that we're on study leave, the teachers have all gone off to do stuff during our lesson times. So, since we had to be supervised, there was no one left to supervise us so most of just had to leave :frown:
I'm not calling in and booking revision sessions :laugh: Oh and we aren't allowed to wear our Leavers Hoodies :rolleyes:
Original post by Bude8
Yup, I board :smile:

well, you essentially get 9 hours of sleep. Your sleep cycles start and end every 90 minutes, 7 hours and 30 minutes is a factor of this and the recommended 8 hours isn't. Waking up during a sleep cycle makes you feel quite groggy - if you ever wake up in the morning feeling really awake it's because you didn't wake up during a sleep cycle. So you sleep for 7 hours and a half, wake up at the end of a cycle so you feel very awake, and then you have a nap later on in the day. The benefit of a nap - moar sleep! :mmm:
And also, it apparently boosts learning power, or helps you focus. I'm going to try it.

NN :h:

So cool! I screenshotted that llol.
Where are you from? (Just wondering, don't have to say)
Also look at the edit in that post :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2918
Original post by Meliss

Lol because you'e started study leave?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't agree more :biggrin:

I'm doing a practice paper tomorrow but I don't want what happened today to happen in chemistry :colonhash:

Latest