The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zozzy
Has anybody done cross sections as a data presentation method for rivers, if so would this be a good model answer for this question:

For one item of primary data you collected for the study describe the method of data collection (6 marks)

say if we are asked a 6 marker about primary data collected do you think this would be good enough for full marks
if you talked about the cross section
saying that you could draw scale diagrams of all three sections of the river
which would act as a good visual representation and it would show you how width, depth and area varies downstrem
then say that it also helps you to calulate the are of each of the river sections anad the hydraulic radius
then say that the disadvantages are that its difficult and time consuming to draw
cause I'm trying to invent a model answer because this question always seems to come up

Mate the question is not asking about things u used to present your data. It is asking for the METHOD OF COLLECTION. In this case u can talk about either measuring width depth or velocity. I would us velocity and talk about using a dog biscute ranging poles and a meter sale. U would talk about how many times u repeated and How u collected the data for velocity. E.g two people on each poles one upstream the other dowmstream. And dont forget about the stopwatch...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zozzy
Has anybody done cross sections as a data presentation method for rivers, if so would this be a good model answer for this question:

For one item of primary data you collected for the study describe the method of data collection (6 marks)

say if we are asked a 6 marker about primary data collected do you think this would be good enough for full marks
if you talked about the cross section
saying that you could draw scale diagrams of all three sections of the river
which would act as a good visual representation and it would show you how width, depth and area varies downstrem
then say that it also helps you to calulate the are of each of the river sections anad the hydraulic radius
then say that the disadvantages are that its difficult and time consuming to draw
cause I'm trying to invent a model answer because this question always seems to come up

About presenting data u can talk about dispersion graphs. I dont think drawing the cross section will get u marks. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last Geog exam!! How much is this worth of our final grade? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1423
Original post by bumbakrak
Last Geog exam!! How much is this worth of our final grade? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's worth 30% and the other paper is worth 70% of your final grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1424
On the health section did the exam ask to define morbidity or mortality? I think I may have misread another question :'(
Reply 1425
Original post by lumos28
On the health section did the exam ask to define morbidity or mortality? I think I may have misread another question :'(

It was morbidity I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jess2703

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh

Reply 1427
I quite liked the unit2 paper today. I thought the spearman a rank question was actually quite nice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1428
Original post by fs1205
I quite liked the unit2 paper today. I thought the spearman a rank question was actually quite nice:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't have agreed more. Very nice paper. :biggrin:
Reply 1429
What did everyone (who did geography of health) get for the second to last question about health care provision or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the grade boundaries for Unit 1 and 2 separate and together, thanks :smile:?
If you didn't do a case study on the 5 mark 1c in population can you still pick up marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by S.S2303
What did everyone (who did geography of health) get for the second to last question about health care provision or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should talk about a local case study. E.g. Doncaster. But I put France cause I was not sure about the question. :/

Original post by mescoriza
What are the grade boundaries for Unit 1 and 2 separate and together, thanks :smile:?

They don't come out until the 14th of August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1435
Original post by jess2703

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks, I think that's what I defined yay :smile:
Reply 1436
Original post by SimpleTom
It is out of 50 - and you obviously don't know how UMS works - if that was your raw mark (56/60) you would get Full UMS

It's out of 50 yes- but the exam is 30% of the entire AS level, therefore in terms of UMS it is out of 60 relative to the overall 200, and therefore I got 56/60 ums. So yeah- I understand UMS.
Original post by hsuffolk
It's out of 50 yes- but the exam is 30% of the entire AS level, therefore in terms of UMS it is out of 60 relative to the overall 200, and therefore I got 56/60 ums. So yeah- I understand UMS.

My bad
Anyone got the paper/unofficial mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending