Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

iq kopa 2013/2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RyRyCom

omg im so happy its not on the bottom floor, want to keep the curtains open lol

Haha yeah that is a good thing I suppose. What room are you gonna be in? I was in B
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 121
Original post by littlesocksx
Haha yeah that is a good thing I suppose. What room are you gonna be in? I was in B

I am in room B!
Original post by RyRyCom
I am in room B!

Really? Thats strange! If i was you id take your own shower curtain, I did because the one in the room was filthy and really stained. It looks out into the courtyard too. If your a light sleeper you will hear the gate beeping in the night when people come, I always did but you get used to it! B is right at the end of the corridor of the flat aswell, furthest away from the flat front door.
Reply 123
Hi guys!! :smile:

I'm a first year currently at UCLAN and about to become a second year! I lived in Flat 40 Room C for anyone that is going to be living in my room in September :frown: haha! Just a few tips for you all because you will have THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE! That sounds so cheesy but I promise you guys will have the most amazing time!!

First off, Kopa this year was THE place to be - so well done for getting an offer for a room in Kopa. No offense but the rooms in Kopa are soo much nicer than anywhere else - so treat it well!!!

1. The staff at the reception are really friendly and you can do all your online shopping and it gets delivered to the reception and they message you on facebook when your parcel has arrived so you can just go get it - no need to treck into town!

2.Flat parties - fine before 11pm then the security guards come patrolling round and shut them down!! we had 2 warnings in freshers week!!! Go to the clubs after 11, thats when they are busiest!!

3. Write down EVERYTHING on your inventory when you move in - any little scratch, write it down, you WILL get charged if you dont write it down!!

4.Clean your room/flat before flat inspections!!!!!!!!

5.TALK TO PEOPLE! haha this may seems so obvious but the more people you know = more flat parties = fun!

6.DONT EVER LOSE YOUR KEY FOB! YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A NEW ONE!

7.Dont lose your UCLAN corporate card ... £10 FEE FOR A NEW ONE!!

8. The fire alarm gets tested every wednesday and it STILL scares the hell out of me even now!!

9. HAVE FUN BEING A FRESHER!! Freshers only happens once!!!!

I hope some people found this post helpful, take it from a current fresher - you are about to have the BEST year of your life, ENJOY IT!!
Reply 124
I can't wait for Freshers now!

Heres a new event night thats happening when we start Freshers in September!

CHEAP DRINKS
https://www.facebook.com/SkintPreston
Reply 125
Original post by A-Kenno

Hey, i'm supposed to be flat 53 for next year too. Just waiting on confirmation of my grades from this year.
Reply 126
Im in flat 103 :-)
Reply 127
Original post by hodge13
Hey, i'm supposed to be flat 53 for next year too. Just waiting on confirmation of my grades from this year.

Best of luck mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in IQ Kopa Flat 63, anyone else in the same or nearby? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Original post by A-Kenno
Best of luck mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course you on?

Looking good for what I need just waiting for my dissertation back, as long as it gets a 2:2 i'm good for UCLan!
I'm in flat 73! :smile:
I am in Flat 109 :smile:
Reply 132
This place looks awesome! Im a bit new to things as ive only just got my offer from UCLAN. Can anybody tell me how to go about getting a room in this place? I will be making my arrangements in the next few days and I feel as though I may be too late to get in any of the good halls. Any advice would be appreciated!
Original post by LpoolJono
This place looks awesome! Im a bit new to things as ive only just got my offer from UCLAN. Can anybody tell me how to go about getting a room in this place? I will be making my arrangements in the next few days and I feel as though I may be too late to get in any of the good halls. Any advice would be appreciated!

I applied about two weeks ago and thought I might be abit too late for a decent place in halls, but got an offer for the accommodation I wanted like last week! And its (apparently) meant to be one of the better halls, so you might not be too late atall! :smile:
Reply 134
Original post by LpoolJono

hey! Just go onto the uclan accommodation page ASAP and click apply...put eh suite as your no1 and in the box at the bottom say that you want iq Kopa! Make sure you have your uclan number too! Hope this helps
Reply 135
If you haven't already like the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/297968443669571/

over 500 people and two lists...one of everyone's flat numbers and another with everyone's course! Easy way to meet each other
Original post by jessm1
Hi guys!! :smile:

I'm a first year currently at UCLAN and about to become a second year! I lived in Flat 40 Room C for anyone that is going to be living in my room in September :frown: haha! Just a few tips for you all because you will have THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE! That sounds so cheesy but I promise you guys will have the most amazing time!!

First off, Kopa this year was THE place to be - so well done for getting an offer for a room in Kopa. No offense but the rooms in Kopa are soo much nicer than anywhere else - so treat it well!!!

1. The staff at the reception are really friendly and you can do all your online shopping and it gets delivered to the reception and they message you on facebook when your parcel has arrived so you can just go get it - no need to treck into town!

4.Clean your room/flat before flat inspections!!!!!!!!

I hope some people found this post helpful, take it from a current fresher - you are about to have the BEST year of your life, ENJOY IT!!

Hi Jess, thank you for your great comments! Some brilliant tips for our new students!
If anyone has any questions then please do give us a call at the office on 01772 823332 - we would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Cheryl (iQ Preston)
I'm flat 67 :smile:
Flat 28, is anyone else in Block D?
I'm in block D! Flat 29 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending