The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4580
Original post by purplerainn
Been trying to get back into Eureka Seven. Does anyone know when the plot gets going? 13 episodes in and I'm getting bored!

That aside, I've been watching soukou no strain as well. Really recommend it to anyone looking for a good sci-fi anime :smile:

E7 has already been dropping little bits of its plot in the thirteen episodes you've seen, but things don't really come to a head in terms of the overarching plot until much later, from what I remember.

Kudos for watching Soukou, while I wouldn't call it an absolute classic I thought it did a few interesting things, and like a lot of interesting but small titles from the past it seems to be largely ignored nowadays.
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Dont bother watching eureka seven, i cant even remember what happens in it but i watched all the eps, in the end i thought to myself why did i watch this? Nothing interesting happens at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by QHF
E7 has already been dropping little bits of its plot in the thirteen episodes you've seen, but things don't really come to a head in terms of the overarching plot until much later, from what I remember.

Kudos for watching Soukou, while I wouldn't call it an absolute classic I thought it did a few interesting things, and like a lot of interesting but small titles from the past it seems to be largely ignored nowadays.

Guess I'll give it some more time then or I'd feel like I'm missing out, given all the high ratings!

Any other really good military/mecha themed anime (with some romance as well) in recent years that I should watch? They're all I've been watching recently :bandit:
Reply 4582
Any other really good military/mecha themed anime (with some romance as well) in recent years that I should watch? They're all I've been watching recently :bandit:

Hmm, off the top of my head... from the last ten years or so you could try Zegapain, Macross Frontier or Heroic Age. Oh, and Gundam Unicorn has been pretty solid fun and is very well made, though it's not finished yet. Xam'd: Lost Memories was pretty neat in some respects but rather dropped the ball as it went on, if you ask me. And if you want something utterly silly either Aquarion Evol or Godannar might fit the bill though in rather different ways (Godannar is aimed at bored salarymen who remember older mecha shows, from what I could work out). This list isn't exhaustive.
Original post by King Amukee
errrmyyygawwd Code Geass has such an epic climax :O

Is season 2 worth the watch though, because loads of people say it was really bad. :L

its worth it imo, 2nd series was pretty much a train wreck but it managed to pull itself together quite well in the end :yes:

Original post by Tabris
Just read the manga then use the anime to flesh some scenes out.

not a big fan of action manga, so mainly on that reason im gona watch the anime first
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by QHF
Hmm, off the top of my head... from the last ten years or so you could try Zegapain, Macross Frontier or Heroic Age. Oh, and Gundam Unicorn has been pretty solid fun and is very well made, though it's not finished yet. Xam'd: Lost Memories was pretty neat in some respects but rather dropped the ball as it went on, if you ask me. And if you want something utterly silly either Aquarion Evol or Godannar might fit the bill though in rather different ways (Godannar is aimed at bored salarymen who remember older mecha shows, from what I could work out). This list isn't exhaustive.

Thanks for the recs! Heroic Age looks really good, so I'll go for that next
Original post by eugenius 8
its worth it imo, 2nd series was pretty much a train wreck but it managed to pull itself together quite well in the end :yes:

not a big fan of action manga, so mainly on that reason im gona watch the anime first

Infinite Stratos (not 100% sure on spelling)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4586
Thanks for the recs! Heroic Age looks really good, so I'll go for that next

Yeah, I think Heroic Age is pretty fun. It kind of sank without trace because it aired at the same time as Gurren Lagann, IIRC.
Reply 4587
Yeah heroic age is one of the great animes that seem to have been overlooked. I really enjoyed it.
Original post by PreppyNinja
I'm also obsessed with Attack on Titan.

do u read the manga
Original post by electro14
do u read the manga

I am reading it now, do you?:tongue:
Original post by PreppyNinja
I am reading it now, do you?:tongue:

once the anime finishes, i will start reading it
Original post by electro14
once the anime finishes, i will start reading it

I am too curious to wait! ^_^
Reply 4592
I'll read it when the anime ends, id prefer to watch the anime first and not spoil the story until it ends or gets cancled as most anime great anime do.
Splashed out on manga big time this payday. :biggrin:

Bought all of Drakuun (24 individual issues), the final three volumes of RG Veda (the seller's quality descriptions for vols 8 and 10 weren't fantastic, but I don't have several hundred pounds for new copies :p:), the final volume of Negima (vol. 37 has been lying unread for a few months, as I was planning to marathon them together), volume 3 of Karakuri Odette (still waiting for the 2nd volume that I ordered last payday...), and volume 4 of Wandering Son (which isn't due to be published for a few weeks, but should arrive in no time thanks to the magic of The Book Depository :p:).

I also picked up the anime movie King of Thorn and the full series of Jyu Oh Sei on DVD this weekend while visiting a friend in Shrewsbury. Was sorely tempted by Loups=Garous too (despite most reviews/ratings for the film being mostly 'meh', the premise still appeals to me), but I can only afford so much from HMV and their high prices. :sadnod: Might get that for my Birthday instead, or 'acquire it by other methods'. :ninja:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4594
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Get that list moving :biggrin: i've stalled everything at the moment until the last exam on tuesday, i'm already at breaking point :frown:
Marathons are fun, I prefer marathoning stuff rather than weekly watching tbh.

WAHOO THAT MEANS YOU'RE FREE NOW :biggrin: My last exam is on the 5th of June, epic crunch time D: Marathons are so much fun :colone: you don't feel guilty afterwards when you don't have a pile of work to do. Oh those days are almost approaching.
Original post by priya8D
WAHOO THAT MEANS YOU'RE FREE NOW :biggrin: My last exam is on the 5th of June, epic crunch time D: Marathons are so much fun :colone: you don't feel guilty afterwards when you don't have a pile of work to do. Oh those days are almost approaching.

It does indeed :biggrin: been watching stuff like crazy during the offpeak hours of internet usage (gone over our cap) and been watching the dvds I have until peak time is over.

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 4596
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
It does indeed :biggrin: been watching stuff like crazy during the offpeak hours of internet usage (gone over our cap) and been watching the dvds I have until peak time is over.

Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you! Have fun :biggrin:
Just finished Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT...

Spoiler

Overall I enjoyed the series and would recommend it if people haven't seen and its their sort of thing :tongue:
Reply 4598
Finished Kuroko no Basket last night, and I seriously cannot contain my excitement for season 2! I don't know whether I should wait for the new season (which starts in Oct!) or if I should just read the manga...
Original post by Naami
Finished Kuroko no Basket last night, and I seriously cannot contain my excitement for season 2! I don't know whether I should wait for the new season (which starts in Oct!) or if I should just read the manga...

JXHKSNDKAMAKAMWKWMD I can't wait for season 2 as well! I'm planning to read the manga, if you are too, you have about five months!

Latest