The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 2 May 21st 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by homefind
I have bio too tomorrow, I have defiantly prioritised biology over it, however I started revision for geo2 on fri so I feel prepared and bio back in Easter so hopefully tomorrow won't be too bad, good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by daniel1005
Not sure how much to stress about with this exam... I am almost too relaxed at the moment and that's making me a bit nervous (paradox). I just haven't got the energy to revise for this exam I have biology aswell and that's taking up majority of my time.

Ive revised all the stats and done some past papers and memorised fieldwork but thats about it. I have been focusing on biology all week since its worth alot more...
Original post by lucasluke
Ive revised all the stats and done some past papers and memorised fieldwork but thats about it. I have been focusing on biology all week since its worth alot more...

I have done past papers, not particularly strictly though, i've done a question checked the mark scheme after, then for the long questions I have just made bullet point notes of what I would put. I am alright with stats and fieldwork is okay, I know the basics just have to think a bit more in the exam to expand on that. I'm gonna read over my notes in bed probably then on the bus tomorrow morning. Good luck :borat:
Reply 242
Original post by mescoriza
Let's say the significance level is

95% - 0.456
99% - 0.799

If your result is over both of those then you can accept the answer to 95% and 99%, if it only over 95%, then you accept 95% but reject 99%. If it is below both then you don't accept the answer to neither 95% or 99%... right? haha

Original post by CurtisDean
I understand what it is, I just don't understand how it is calculated -
Once you work out the spearmans rank of coefficient (value for R). You work out the confidence that you can have with the value that you calculated. You do this because, despite a high value (for example) of R, there may be a chance that the relationship between the two variables occured by chance.. maybe because of the weather or because of another random factor lol!
You use the method for working out significance level and the result should tell you if there is a significant correlation between the two variables that you calculated.

This is an example of a more accurate interpretation of your results - more accurate than Spearmans rank alone!

Hope this helps + Best of luck tomorrow

thankyou, that makes sense :') good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 243
Original post by Tabby.1.2
thankyou, that makes sense :') good luck to you too :smile:

Hey! What are the advantages and disadvantages if using spearmans rank to analyse data? Good luck x
Reply 244
Original post by notsure
Hey! What are the advantages and disadvantages if using spearmans rank to analyse data? Good luck x

I think someone answeree this a few pages back
Good luck everyone
Original post by mescoriza
How much is this exam worth? Compared to Unit 1:smile:?

30% of ur as.

Reply 247
The whole class got different results for the Spearman's Rank. Ahsnzbdossnskdn what were the results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rickyy
The whole class got different results for the Spearman's Rank. Ahsnzbdossnskdn what were the results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You first haha
0.740 ????

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
how did you guys find??
quick question for the diagram question in part 2, were they asking for a field sketch or a map of the area because some people did either one. will it make a difference? :s-smilie:
Quite a few ppl in my class did a field sketch of the location instead of a sketch map lol

Reply 252
Reply 253
Original post by daniel1005
0.740 ????

SAME! Our class were all putting different things but I think it was just due to people being thrown by the ranking of two '5.5's'
I got 0.26 my teacher said that was right?
Reply 256
Arg, completely forgot to round up for spearmans rank so put 0.739 :frown: will i still get the marks?
Ahhh I put 0.26 and forgot to take it away from 1 will I still get any marks I did everything right but I didn't take 0.26 away from 1?
Reply 258
Original post by Luis suarez LFC
I got 0.26 my teacher said that was right?

OMG I got this too!! But I think I forgot to subtract from 1.. so I have no idea!
Reply 259
Original post by Luis suarez LFC
Ahhh I put 0.26 and forgot to take it away from 1 will I still get any marks I did everything right but I didn't take 0.26 away from 1?

I did exactly that too haha! Was kicking myself!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending