The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 - Tips? (GCSE)

I'm doing my Business Studies Unit 2 exam on 24th May and I was wondering if anybody has previously done it or has any tips on how I can achieve a better mark as it's not one of my strongest subjects?
And if anybody has any useful websites or the possibility of sharing revision notes please please please PM me!!! It would be so helpful
(I'm doing AQA btw!)

Thanks and good luck to anybody taking it!!!:tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Vicky

if you dm me your email I can send you some revision notes from my teacher. There very good and cover whole of UNIT 2 AND 1 with past papers
Reply 2
Hi! I'm also taking the business unit 2 exam on the 24th May. The 9 mark questions are always the hardest but my teacher has given us a good way of structuring it. Write about the advantages, then the disadvantages and finally sum it up in a short conclusion recommending your decision, e.g. Recommend whether the business should use a bank loan or retained profits for covering a short fall in demand? For this question you need to give the advantages and disadvantages of each, and then recommend which one you think the business should use. Remember to always use parts of the case study in your answer too! I hope that helped, Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 3
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y4onjvpwqdp7d1g/SCbIGMDdaK

Anyone doing business aqa gcse here is some revision material includes 2013 unit 1 paper
Reply 4
Is the exam not on the 4th of June.

I think I know the theory ok for BUSS 1 which is on Monday but BUSS 2 not so much. I was really worried about the grade boundaries because my essay writing isn't top standard kind of in between. So I looked and you only need 40 or so out of 60 on the BUSS 1 to get an A. I got that in a few of the tests. Is that high or low? Can I expect it to be that on the first one when I do it?
Reply 5
Hi I am doing the same paper on the 24th may are there any tips on how to get an A.Have you got any revision materials and how are you revising for it?

Many thanks
Reply 6
this exam is going to be easy

good structure for 9 mark questions

Advantage of option 1
Advantage of option 1
Disadvantage of option 1
Disadvantage of option 1

Advantage of option 2
Advantage of option 2
Disadvantage of option 2
Disadvantage of option 2

Conclusion

Recommendation for the future
Reply 7
Original post by gomg
this exam is going to be easy

good structure for 9 mark questions

Advantage of option 1
Advantage of option 1
Disadvantage of option 1
Disadvantage of option 1

Advantage of option 2
Advantage of option 2
Disadvantage of option 2
Disadvantage of option 2

Conclusion

Recommendation for the future

In the conclusion don't just repeat what you've already said, a good thing to do is to explain the long and short term effects of your chosen option
My structure for 9 markers is:

Decision - say what they should do
Justification - give 2 fully, explained reasons why the business should do this, linking to context (advanatges)
Next, say an advanatge and then disadvnatge of the other option
Conculsion - talk about long term benefits, if you mention this in the justifcatin ther's no need to do it again

= 9/9 :wink:
What does everyone think the 9 mark questions will likely to be on?
Reply 10
Original post by Frostyjoe
Is the exam not on the 4th of June.

I think I know the theory ok for BUSS 1 which is on Monday but BUSS 2 not so much. I was really worried about the grade boundaries because my essay writing isn't top standard kind of in between. So I looked and you only need 40 or so out of 60 on the BUSS 1 to get an A. I got that in a few of the tests. Is that high or low? Can I expect it to be that on the first one when I do it?

yoo, this is gcse - not a level, sorry
Reply 11
Original post by Captain Anonymous
What does everyone think the 9 mark questions will likely to be on?

It's impossible to predict with Business, it could be anything
I'm really nervous for the 2 markers because of the definitions I struggle to memorise them, anyone have any idea on what they may be?
Reply 13
Anyone please tell me how you are revising for Business studies unit 2?

A.S.A.P

Many thanks
Exam is tomorrow people. Has anybody got any last-minute revision techniques?
Reply 15
Does anyone know how to answer a edexcel 10 mark question???!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
check my dropbox link it's got all unit 2 teacher slides to read and really helpful. To get the A*

dependednt on your time my technique is

1 advantage expain and link to case tudy
1 disadavantage and link to case study
conclusion- go ham on that

conclusion is where u get most of the marks and doing 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages usually wastes time cuz the exam is like 1 question permit, which is peak
Reply 17
Someone tell me the topics they think are going to come up tomorrow
Reply 18
good luck guys
Reply 19
How did everyone find the exam? I thought it went quite well apart from the 6 marker about outsourcing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending