The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kingboss
Do any of you have a list of all the past paper questions for women's suffrage? I really need this, especially for the style b questions

They're all on the edexcel website under 'Option C - Conflict and Change in 19th and 20th Century Britain'
http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/history/Pages/default.aspx
Im doing british india unit 2... anyone else in the same boat as me?
Original post by YoungsK
Any predictions for the nationalist challenge in India 1900-47?

I reckon section b question will be on who is responsible for partition... and then you can blame british, ghandi or jinnah..
or there will definitely be a partition question, whether it is the speed of partition, the violence due to partition or why was there partition.

As for section A, i dont have a clue, aslong as the sources are easy to understand and are explicit in delivering their view...
Original post by A-Dog
Hi,

Is the edexcel course for history any good? Is it rigorous, or easy? Any difference between edexcel history and OCR/ AQA?

It very much depends on what units your school chooses to do. I very much prefer the course my friends do at a different school on a different exam board basically on what period they study - also all exam boards have mostly two units but again depends on school to when you take it... Which should not be problem for you as all exams in the future will be June only!

Also remember that all the specs are changing... Our courses are probably goig to be very different now!

Edexcel might be good as you can access your results the morning of result day at 6am on the website and cry without anyone else around I suppose...

Posted from TSR Mobile
for those taking Crimea boer and ww1 i would advise you revise boer and the impact of ww1 a bit more
Reply 325
Original post by Joey Tribbiani
I reckon section b question will be on who is responsible for partition... and then you can blame british, ghandi or jinnah..
or there will definitely be a partition question, whether it is the speed of partition, the violence due to partition or why was there partition.

As for section A, i dont have a clue, aslong as the sources are easy to understand and are explicit in delivering their view...

Yeah thanks for that, I had a feeling one of the section B question would be based around the partition.
Reply 326
i'm doing Henry VIII, anyone else doing that as well and have any predictions??
Original post by tyranzach
i'm doing Henry VIII, anyone else doing that as well and have any predictions??

same.

I've got no idea but i'm hopin its something on Wolsey
Original post by Mr Faust
For those taking the exam relating to the Crimea, Boer and WWI, here is the past exam topics. It may give some indication to what will come up:

Warfare past paper Qs.jpg

THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN THANKYOU SO MUCH ☺😉😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 329
Original post by sophtommo
THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN THANKYOU SO MUCH ☺������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :tongue:
No problem :tongue:

Are you doing this paper too? What do you think could come up?? I presume WW1 definitely and i'm not revising boer war at all :Z
Reply 331
Are you doing this paper too? What do you think could come up?? I presume WW1 definitely and i'm not revising boer war at all :Z

I'm revising all the topics just in case, but I hope the Home Front doesn't come up as I'm weakest with my knowledge on that. The problem with not revising Boer is that you'll have to do whateverthe other question is, and that might be a really difficult question
Original post by getoom
same.

I've got no idea but i'm hopin its something on Wolsey

What structure are you going for on both questions? The one I am using just uses one big dis-agree and agree paragraph for both questions a and b. Is that all right? I'm looking to get a high A so i'd be grateful for an explanation.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
What structure are you going for on both questions? The one I am using just uses one big dis-agree and agree paragraph for both questions a and b. Is that all right? I'm looking to get a high A so i'd be grateful for an explanation.

For Both questions my teacher always said it wasn't advisable to do huge paragraphs on agree and disagree.

For section A mine start with a sentence which is basically my line of argument then i do a paragraph for each source and try to argue for and against using each source with a small bit at the end of each paragraph to link it to my line of argument. Then if i feel i have enough time left I write a paragraph which just consolidates my cross referencing and corroborating of sources then a conclusion

I'm reasonable good at section A questions, i was one mark away from full in the mock but my section B lets me down, which unfortunaley is the question with the higher marks.

My section B's are similar but with most of the source analysis replaced by own knowledge and some other stuff added and taken away.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 334
Original post by Me14
Anyone doing Ireland 1867-1922?

yeah i am! i think there is another thread if you want to talk about it on there,

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42716755&highlight=britain%20and%20ireland%201967-1922
Okay I really need some advice for the Section A source question. Do you have to use CONTEXTUAL knowledge that relates to the sources in your answer? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm revising all the topics just in case, but I hope the Home Front doesn't come up as I'm weakest with my knowledge on that. The problem with not revising Boer is that you'll have to do whateverthe other question is, and that might be a really difficult question
I know pretty much everything for WW1, I'd rather have everything learnt for WW1 and Crimea :smile: I never got the Boer War from the beginning :s-smilie: Plus, the only questions they can really ask for the Crimea are Nightingale-Seacole argument/Social Reforms of which they were limited during the Crimea... WW1 is a pretty much guarantee to come up :smile: It's like the Unit 1 exam for Russia, I didn't learn WW2 but did every other part with knowledge inside out and worked :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
Okay I really need some advice for the Section A source question. Do you have to use CONTEXTUAL knowledge that relates to the sources in your answer? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question A does not get any marks for own knowledge!!!
Question A does not get any marks for own knowledge!!!

That's what I've always been told but then in my mocks my teacher marks me down for only using the sources :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
That's what I've always been told but then in my mocks my teacher marks me down for only using the sources :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you discuss the provenance of each source? Because that gets you the marks :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending