The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by DanSmeaton
No sonneries wasn't the one I got stuck on. I knew the meaning of that. I can't remember what the one I didn't know was

Was it how there was 'There is the risk of theft' and then followed by 'There are dangers when driving' because one was 'vol' and one was 'volant'. This confused me but I eventually worked it out :tongue:
Reply 181
Original post by elliebray
(hi all!)

the uniform one they were asking if they had positive or negative opinions (or both) on uniform :smile:

I thought so, what did you put for the one on the top of the page on the right, i put N but i don't know :/ it didnt seem to be explicitly about uniform
Original post by William24
For the one about seeing each other again the statement in the box said 'They never saw each other again' and I put F because I'm sure in the last paragraph it talked about a month after or something and how it's a true love story or something like that.
Yeahhhh I think I'm like the only one who put vrai for that. I thought it said that it didn't really work out between them.
Reply 183
Did anyone else do the cinema essay??
I thought it was a nice exam and the essays were all great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dat vacances essay. :sexface:
Reply 185
first question i got feeling lonely, tension with parents and school, then i got a girl died, she drank a large quantity of alcohol, she was only 12, then i got addiction, violence, road accidents, unprotected sexual relations, then for grammar got "s'agir, grandissant, pourront, aient, positive, éviterait, monoparentales, compris not sure about the other two, for the senegalese person i put (in french)"it's about a man lviing with aids", "people rarely talk about this illness" "a family wanted to watch a soap but there was an electricty failure and a young boy broke the tv" and "a boy wrote a letter to the presdient to ban all sweet" and "senegalese cinema has a great future as there are studios and the population is "en marche",
Reply 186
holiday essay i did 3 advantages (escape from daily life/stress, culture, fun) and 2 disadvantages (cost and bad for environment) :s-smilie:
Reply 187
Original post by frog69
first question i got feeling lonely, tension with parents and school, then i got a girl died, she drank a large quantity of alcohol, she was only 12, then i got addiction, violence, road accidents, unprotected sexual relations, then for grammar got "s'agir, grandissant, pourront, aient, positive, éviterait, monoparentales, compris not sure about the other two, for the senegalese person i put (in french)"it's about a man lviing with aids", "people rarely talk about this illness" "a family wanted to watch a soap but there was an electricty failure and a young boy broke the tv" and "a boy wrote a letter to the presdient to ban all sweet" and "senegalese cinema has a great future as there are studios and the population is "en marche",

Why does everyone think it was she was 12 years old. I thought it said 'Elle n'aurait pas douze ans' meaning literally 'She had not 12 years' as in 'She wasn't 12'? I agree with you for all the other ones though :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by William24
Why does everyone think it was she was 12 years old. I thought it said 'Elle n'aurait pas douze ans' meaning literally 'She had not 12 years' as in 'She wasn't 12'? I agree with you for all the other ones though :smile:

she said elle n'avait QUE douze ans (ne que means only)
Reply 189
Original post by frog69

Thank god :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 190
Original post by frog69

Aaaaaaahhhhh I missed the que part! Oh well :smile:
Was the very first alcohol one feeling alone or wanting to get drunk? Because seul and saoule sound pretty similar :P
ugh I completely forgot to write about the economy in my holidays essay, that's the most obvious thing, oh well think I wrote enough other points :s-smilie:
Reply 193
Can anyone remember what the questions or answers were for the positive and negative bit???
Reply 194
How many sides did people write for their essay?
Original post by sh7171
How many sides did people write for their essay?
Five.
By the way, does anyone here know what the approximate grade boundaries are for this exam in terms of marks or percentages?
Original post by Pharaoh96
Was the very first alcohol one feeling alone or wanting to get drunk? Because seul and saoule sound pretty similar :P
I don't think it matters what order you put them in does it?
Reply 198
Answers to positive/negative uniform question? don't think I did very well on this exam :frown:
Reply 199
Original post by DanSmeaton
By the way, does anyone here know what the approximate grade boundaries are for this exam in terms of marks or percentages?

85/110 marks I think :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending