The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by sh7171
How many sides did people write for their essay?

Just over 4 sides
What essay did you do??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 201
Original post by frog69
first question i got feeling lonely, tension with parents and school, then i got a girl died, she drank a large quantity of alcohol, she was only 12, then i got addiction, violence, road accidents, unprotected sexual relations, then for grammar got "s'agir, grandissant, pourront, aient, positive, éviterait, monoparentales, compris not sure about the other two, for the senegalese person i put (in french)"it's about a man lviing with aids", "people rarely talk about this illness" "a family wanted to watch a soap but there was an electricty failure and a young boy broke the tv" and "a boy wrote a letter to the presdient to ban all sweet" and "senegalese cinema has a great future as there are studios and the population is "en marche",

For the Senegalese director:

- the film was about people living with AIDS not just one man.
- people with AIDS rarely talk about the illness
- Senegalese cinema has a great future. Africa is a big market (une grande marche) and there are now modern studios to produce good quality films.
Reply 202
For the Private Life of the Celebrities exercise with the reports what did everyone use? I think my order went Birth, Marriage, Rapture?? (Had no idea and ruled out divorce because it discussed her 'boyfriend'), Argument and something else?
Original post by William24
85/110 marks I think :smile:
Is that for an A? If so then it's probably like 70 for a B? Something like that? I'd take a B, definitely.
Reply 204
For the Private Life of the Celebrities exercise with the reports what did everyone use? I think my order went Birth, Marriage, Rapture?? (Had no idea and ruled out divorce because it discussed her 'boyfriend'), Argument and something else?

I think it was 'une nouvelle liasion amoreuse.' I was going to put reconciliation but I think it was a new thing...

rapture is a break-up...and yes, that's what I put :smile:
Reply 205
Original post by CocoTango
I think it was 'une nouvelle liasion amoreuse.' I was going to put reconciliation but I think it was a new thing...

rapture is a break-up...and yes, that's what I put :smile:

Yeh I used 'une nouvelle liasion amoreuse' cos it was talking about the lass and the footballer going on holiday and at a film premier or some crap like that.
Reply 206
Original post by eggz95
Just over 4 sides
What essay did you do??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did tv! hadn't revised holidays at all, shame because it looked like a good question. what did you do?
Reply 207
Yeh I used 'une nouvelle liasion amoreuse' cos it was talking about the lass and the footballer going on holiday and at a film premier or some crap like that.

Can you remember the order of the answers in that question? I was just running out of time when I did that exercise, I don't think I got much right there :/
Reply 208
Original post by DanSmeaton
Is that for an A? If so then it's probably like 70 for a B? Something like that? I'd take a B, definitely.

That is for an A yes :smile: 76 for a B and 67 for a C.
Reply 209
Original post by sh7171
Can you remember the order of the answers in that question? I was just running out of time when I did that exercise, I don't think I got much right there :/

It went 'Marriage, Birth, Break-up, Argument, New Love' which would of been C, A, E, D, F I think. Could be wrong but those were definitely the order they went in, I just can't remember the letters that went with them.
Why does everyone think it was she was 12 years old. I thought it said 'Elle n'aurait pas douze ans' meaning literally 'She had not 12 years' as in 'She wasn't 12'? I agree with you for all the other ones though :smile:

It said elle n'aurait que, which means she was only 12 years old
I don't think it matters what order you put them in does it?

No I mean which one is it? I though it was "to get drunk" but loads of people were saying "because you feel lonely". Then I realised that seul and saoule sound similar so i'm not sure which one it is

That is for an A yes :smile: 76 for a B and 67 for a C.
I see... To be honest I doubt I will get an A because I think I messed up very slightly in a couple of areas. Getting a B would be perfectly fine though, I'd be happy with that.
Does anyone know what percentage of marks the speaking contributes to the overall AS grade?
I see... To be honest I doubt I will get an A because I think I messed up very slightly in a couple of areas. Getting a B would be perfectly fine though, I'd be happy with that.

I'd definately take a B
Reply 215
Original post by Pharaoh96
Does anyone know what percentage of marks the speaking contributes to the overall AS grade?

30% to AS Level and 15% to A Level I believe :smile:
Reply 216

I messed up in some places too, especially the grammar, I think I got about 3 wrong. Hopefully my speaking boosts it up though.
Reply 217
Original post by Pharaoh96
No I mean which one is it? I though it was "to get drunk" but loads of people were saying "because you feel lonely". Then I realised that seul and saoule sound similar so i'm not sure which one it is

I think it was problems/issues that lead young people to drink.
Les sentiments d'etre seul - the feeling of being alone?

The feeling of being drunk is not really a cause...it's an effect? I dunnoo...but I know I got the exam failure thing wrong...I put school stress :/
Reply 218
It went 'Marriage, Birth, Break-up, Argument, New Love' which would of been C, A, E, D, F I think. Could be wrong but those were definitely the order they went in, I just can't remember the letters that went with them.

Ah thankyou! I have at least 3 out of 5 there I think. Can you remember the positives and negatives for the uniform one? Sorry for all the questions!
Reply 219
Original post by sh7171
Ah thankyou! I have at least 3 out of 5 there I think. Can you remember the positives and negatives for the uniform one? Sorry for all the questions!

I can't remember but I definitely put two P/N's! If anyone can remember any of what they said I could have a go, I'm pretty sure the first page went N, P, P/N

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending