The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by 344302
Did a few papers a few weeks ago, just got around to marking them. BAD BAD BAD
Screw C2 I'm gonna dedicate my time to F322. The paper is so long and I keep making the stupidest mistakes!!

I really need an A because my cousework was crappy

I got a B in my unit 1 and my coursework was on mark of an A because my school don't like doing more than 2 tasks:/

I'm really desperate for an A in this as I wanna do pharmacy and chemistry is crucial, however I've not really revised properly yet cz I have different exams to concentrate on and its all getting abit too much :/
Original post by ss2012
I've got two other exams that I have to revise for as well as this so I'm abit stressed out in terms of revision

The worst thing is that I will be having Biology a day before Chemistry exam. I feel really unsure about Unit2 Biology content. I am trying to be relaxed now, Maths is more important for me than sciences, but I will have to revise a lot over half term.
Reply 302
Original post by purplemind
The worst thing is that I will be having Biology a day before Chemistry exam. I feel really unsure about Unit2 Biology content. I am trying to be relaxed now, Maths is more important for me than sciences, but I will have to revise a lot over half term.

I have physics and psychology on the 5th which is a day after chemistry and its essential for me to get grades in both as I messed up my unit 1 physics badly :/ and with psychology I need a decent grade as its the subject I'm mostly comfortable with out of all of my A-levels
Original post by ss2012
I have physics and psychology on the 5th which is a day after chemistry and its essential for me to get grades in both as I messed up my unit 1 physics badly :/ and with psychology I need a decent grade as its the subject I'm mostly comfortable with out of all of my A-levels

Oh, I see now. That is quite a lot in such a short period of time.
Don't get too stressed and you should be fine. :smile:
Reply 304
Original post by purplemind

Same tbh! And these are my final exams! I can't afford to mess them up. Are you on edexcel for biology? Unit 2 is giving me stresssss! F322 looks like its going to be last minute revision because of unit 2 bio :\
Original post by ss2012
I got a B in my unit 1 and my coursework was on mark of an A because my school don't like doing more than 2 tasks:/

I'm really desperate for an A in this as I wanna do pharmacy and chemistry is crucial, however I've not really revised properly yet cz I have different exams to concentrate on and its all getting abit too much :/

I'm in basically the same position as you, except I was only just a B in the coursework and am retaking the first exam. Problem is I've been focusing I other things, now I'm terrified!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Satta101
Same tbh! And these are my final exams! I can't afford to mess them up. Are you on edexcel for biology? Unit 2 is giving me stresssss! F322 looks like its going to be last minute revision because of unit 2 bio :\

I'm doing OCR. :smile:
I've finally finished going through and redoing all of my notes on this unit.
I lost all my ones from last year which was so annoying.
I think I'm feeling pretty good about this exam which is a nice feeling as it's my first one.
I've also nearly finished F325 and F324 and I think I might actually get my grade to get into uni. :biggrin:
Reply 308
Original post by ss2012

I just did a paper using the freaking book. I got 78. Why am I losing more than 10 marks! This is actually ridiculous! I even used the book to fetch some answers!

BTW GUYS IF YOU REFLUX CYCLOHEXANOL or any cyclic alcohol does It make a ketone or a carboxylic acid? How can I tell if a cyclic alcohol is primary or secondary .. can you get tertiary cyclic alcohols?
Reply 309
Original post by Satta101

I prefer biology atm

Chemistry is doing my head in
Just learn the f322 notes on this page http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1964069

I guarantee if you learn this thorought you WIL get an A, the notes are literally following specification with mark scheme answers

F322 is easier than f321 IMO, more straightforward
I am dropping this at the end of the year so happy! :smile: I am focusing on my other 2 subjects more (Biology, Maths Spanish) so hopefully an A in those and I would really like atleast a B in Chemistry!
Original post by 344302
I just did a paper using the freaking book. I got 78. Why am I losing more than 10 marks! This is actually ridiculous! I even used the book to fetch some answers!

BTW GUYS IF YOU REFLUX CYCLOHEXANOL or any cyclic alcohol does It make a ketone or a carboxylic acid? How can I tell if a cyclic alcohol is primary or secondary .. can you get tertiary cyclic alcohols?

I think I know (emphasis on the "I think"): If you look at where the OH group is attached, if the carbon that the OH is bonded to is bonded to one other carbon it is primary, 2 other carbons secondary, and 3 other carbons tertiary.

If it is primary it is oxidised to aldehydes. The aldehyde is them itself oxidised to a carboxylic acid.

If it is secondary, oxidised to ketones

Tertiary: difficult to oxidise

When I found this out I was relieved that it's quite simple to remember once you know it! :P Page 297 chemical ideas :smile:
Original post by 344302
I prefer biology atm

Chemistry is doing my head in

Always have! And yes! Chemistry is so annoying (and it doesn't help that my teacher is annoying as hell and hasn't actually taught us about reflux! wth!?) We spent a week of polymer revolution ad have done ZERO lessons/discussions about the pre release! :confused::eek::s-smilie::unimpressed:
Original post by 344302

any cyclic alcohol will reflux to a ketone only. if u draw the structure out its always going to be attached to a carbon thats attached to 2 carbons next to it, making it a secondary alcohol and thus oxidised to a ketone. you can't possibly oxidise it to an acid because when you draw the structure out you'll see carbon's made 5 bonds which isn't possible.

what kinds of things are u losing marks on?
I'd strongly recommend doing the legacy papers as well. theyre very similar to the new ones, and a lot of the 'suggest' questions that come up on our paper have previously been on the legacy papers. heres the link
http://www.freeexampapers.com/#ALevel/Chemistry/OCR go to alevel>chemistry>ocr
theres like 10 years worth of papers there do as many as you can.
(edited 10 years ago)
if anyone wants help with biology or chemistry just ask me :smile: i'm always willing to help and have a youtube channel which does videos for AS bio and chem :smile: (not many chem at the moment but i'm doing more)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBioTom1
Original post by Munrot07
if anyone wants help with biology or chemistry just ask me :smile: i'm always willing to help and have a youtube channel which does videos for AS bio and chem :smile: (not many chem at the moment but i'm doing more)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBioTom1

I need help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rubyturner94

what with? (message me :smile: )
Reply 318
Original post by niceguy95
Just learn the f322 notes on this page http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1964069

I guarantee if you learn this thorought you WIL get an A, the notes are literally following specification with mark scheme answers

F322 is easier than f321 IMO, more straightforward

No way f321 could be a.gcse paper if not for the mole

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diggy
No way f321 could be a.gcse paper if not for the mole

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbh the mole comes up in C3 of GCSE, literally needed to do no revision for F321 cause i knew most of it from GCSE :P none of AS is that hard I think, F322 has a lot more to it but is mainly memorising it all

Latest

Trending

Trending