The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by CocoTango
For the Senegalese director:

- the film was about people living with AIDS not just one man.
- people with AIDS rarely talk about the illness
- Senegalese cinema has a great future. Africa is a big market (une grande marche) and there are now modern studios to produce good quality films.

yeah i put all that actually, kind of forgot what i had exactly said when i wrote that, apart from from une grande marche
I did this exam today :smile: did the holiday question but looking at people's answers there's so much more I could've written!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CocoTango
I think it was problems/issues that lead young people to drink.
Les sentiments d'etre seul - the feeling of being alone?

The feeling of being drunk is not really a cause...it's an effect? I dunnoo...but I know I got the exam failure thing wrong...I put school stress :/

Ah yeah I think you're right. I put 'in order to get drunk' which is kind of a cause, but I think I just misheard it :P
Original post by Pharaoh96
Does anyone know what percentage of marks the speaking contributes to the overall AS grade?
If it's 30% then what do you reckon we'll get? Fletcher said our class all did well but do you reckon we got Bs or As?
Original post by DanSmeaton
If it's 30% then what do you reckon we'll get? Fletcher said our class all did well but do you reckon we got Bs or As?

I dunno, I mean I felt the speaking went pretty well so hopefully that can bump the grade up, because i'm suddenly realising how many stupid mistakes I made in todays exam :P
Original post by Pharaoh96
I dunno, I mean I felt the speaking went pretty well so hopefully that can bump the grade up, because i'm suddenly realising how many stupid mistakes I made in todays exam :P
You've just read my mind, that's exactly what I was thinking. I've screwed up the coffee break one I think, and also didn't do too well on one of the listening sections either and the grammar was... meh, alright I suppose. I just hope Fletcher hasn't gotten our hopes up too much by singing our praises too much, cos no doubt the actual examiners will be harsher markers than him.
Reply 226
Original post by William24
For the one about seeing each other again the statement in the box said 'They never saw each other again' and I put F because I'm sure in the last paragraph it talked about a month after or something and how it's a true love story or something like that.

didn't it say that at the end he came back to her and now they're going out?
Reply 227
Can anyone else remember the answers of the positive and negatives to the uniform question?
Why does everyone think it was she was 12 years old. I thought it said 'Elle n'aurait pas douze ans' meaning literally 'She had not 12 years' as in 'She wasn't 12'? I agree with you for all the other ones though :smile:

no, it said elle n'aurait QUE douze ans, so she was ONLY 12
Reply 229
Original post by elliebray
didn't it say that at the end he came back to her and now they're going out?

Is this where it discussed him taking her hand and him being the only one for her? Either way it would still mean the answer was F
Anyone else do the cinema question? I thought the paper overall was fine but a bit of a tricky listening!!! What did people do for the cinema essay?! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the one about seeing each other again the statement in the box said 'They never saw each other again' and I put F because I'm sure in the last paragraph it talked about a month after or something and how it's a true love story or something like that.

From what i remember it basically said
- they spoke during the speed dating, but the time ran out
- he left
- at the end he came back and even though other people wanted him it was too late because he was hers
- Then it has been a month or something and its a love story..... ?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pseudonymegg
no, it said elle n'aurait QUE douze ans, so she was ONLY 12

very very sly :/ i put she wasn't 12 years old !!! :angry:
Reply 233
Original post by flyylikejetz
From what i remember it basically said
- they spoke during the speed dating, but the time ran out
- he left
- at the end he came back and even though other people wanted him it was too late because he was hers
- Then it has been a month or something and its a love story..... ?

Yeh that would mean it was F because it said 'They never saw each other again' but the text said it was a love story, in which case they did see each other :smile:
Original post by eggz95
Did anyone else do the cinema essay??
I thought it was a nice exam and the essays were all great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did! :biggrin: Overall I was really pleased with how it all went, but once again I regret coming onto TSR just to read all the answers I might have got wrong...
Reply 235
For the Private Life of the Celebrities exercise with the reports what did everyone use? I think my order went Birth, Marriage, Rapture?? (Had no idea and ruled out divorce because it discussed her 'boyfriend'), Argument and something else?

For the one about private lives

It was
Rupture - it said they couldnt live together
Birth
Marriage (les noces)
Argument
And a new relationship :smile:
i did the tv essay

technology has revolutionised our lives so people watch tv online rather than in the tranditional sense
faster online and less advertising so more people watch online
in the future most people will watch tv online
older people continue to watch tv since they can't use technology
tv is still popular among youths since it's a great way to relax
people work more today, less time for tv
tv's will become bigger in the future since it enhances the effect etc
got in a couple of subjunctives, rather pleased :biggrin: although some stupid mistakes on the listening
Reply 237
It went 'Marriage, Birth, Break-up, Argument, New Love' which would of been C, A, E, D, F I think. Could be wrong but those were definitely the order they went in, I just can't remember the letters that went with them.

The first one was not marriage was it? I understood it as a couple who were going to get married but broke up
Reply 238
Fairly happy with the essay, thought the listening and reading weren't too bad - AQA still managed to get some trick questions in. Know I've made some silly mistakes, but it's incredibily difficult not to with only two hours to do the whole thing. Was anyone else pushing for time?
Reply 239
What did people put for the speed dating question? It was false that Annabel wanted to make friends right? I didn't know whether they went straight to the bar after or not :frown: Hmm bad memory I cant remember the rest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending