The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacob :)
Isn't when he was parked on a cloud doing nothing for ages.

Yes, but why was he up on the cloud?
Reply 1381
Original post by snowyowl

He was getting over losing the Ponds. Doing his whole "Everyone leaves me eventually, so I'll stop caring about anyone other than me" thing again.

Original post by Aula
He was getting over losing the Ponds. Doing his whole "Everyone leaves me eventually, so I'll stop caring about anyone other than me" thing again.

Yeh that. You'd think he would have just learnt to deal with it by now.
Original post by Aula

Original post by Jacob :)
Yeh that. You'd think he would have just learnt to deal with it by now.

See I did think that, but I think that's a bit... Lame :frown: he wasn't that distraught by anyone else leaving.

I did hope maybe he'd said his last goodbyes to River before she left for the library :frown:
See I did think that, but I think that's a bit... Lame :frown: he wasn't that distraught by anyone else leaving.

I did hope maybe he'd said his last goodbyes to River before she left for the library :frown:

Maybe he had. The way he spoke to the vision thing of her suggests that's a possibility.

I saw him as distraught over all his post Time War companions leaving, except maybe Mickey and Martha, he just gets hurt more and more each time dont forget most of those companions wanted to travel with him till they died and all of them apart from Martha were taken from him(so the only one he wasnt upset about was the one who left of their free will)
I saw the finale again just now. I was welling up.

When The Doctor asks Clara: "It was Trenzalore? It was definitely Trenzalore?" and started crying I started too. Then River Song's departure, the music for goodness sake.

So many feels. This show never fails to break my heart again and again.
Original post by Chrizzle94
I saw the finale again just now. I was welling up.

When The Doctor asks Clara: "It was Trenzalore? It was definitely Trenzalore?" and started crying I started too. Then River Song's departure, the music for goodness sake.

So many feels. This show never fails to break my heart again and again.

It feels like someone ran over my cat. I keep thinking about River's departure and I literally just cry, she was my favourite companion. I miss her already. And the music *sob sob sob*
So, months and months of dull Saturday nights ahead of us :frown:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
It feels like someone ran over my cat. I keep thinking about River's departure and I literally just cry, she was my favourite companion. I miss her already. And the music *sob sob sob*

Sorry, I must have missed the memo. Is it confirmed that River isn't coming back?
Original post by Rascacielos
Sorry, I must have missed the memo. Is it confirmed that River isn't coming back?

Not confirmed either way, but people have guessed it since her last scene in the finale seemed to be a last farewell to the Doctor.
Original post by HotfireLegend
That was a very very good episode.

Matt really is better at writing one-offs than entire series.

And new Doctor :biggrin:

Don't you mean Moffat?

Original post by Cnuofesd
I think Jon Hurt Doctor kills River Song.

But River already died?

Original post by SyedaK
Why did they cancel doctor who confidential? We wouldn't have many of these confused people on this Earth

Because it got very repetitive and bland in the end. There was only so much of behind the scenes they could do. I loved it for showing in detail the different jobs that are needed and what they actually do. They ran out of them.

Well no his past would be the exact same as before. It's just now, his whole history has been dictated by Clara helping him.

Original post by Drewski
Wish Alex Kingston would **** off.

Other than that, lovely stuff :h:

I'm hoping that was the last time we see her now.

Did anyone else notice the Great Intelligence call The Doctor "the Valeyard"?

Yep. :holmes:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

What's worse is that Matt Smith has overtaken Tennant as my favourite Doctor now. So when he leaves, I will be a mess.

I actually hope that's the last we see of River. Her last 'spoilers!' about her mental link with Clara just pissed me off actually.

Also, how did Clara manage to receive a letter from Vastra when they are hundreds of years apart?
Did anyone else notice the Great Intelligence call The Doctor "the Valeyard"?

I noticed that. Could John Hurt be the Valeyard?

EDIT: Just looked up Valeyard again. According to that plotline at least, the thirteenth regeneration is the Doctor's final one. Much as Doctor Who is frustrating me at the moment, I don't like to think of it ending. :frown:

EDIT: Just looked up Valeyard again. According to that plotline at least, the thirteenth regeneration is the Doctor's final one. Much as Doctor Who is frustrating me at the moment, I don't like to think of it ending. :frown:

River gave him the regeneration energy of eleven more lives.
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Doctor Who just doesn't have the same "epicness" to it that it used to..

That's the word I was looking for to describe my disappointment. The finale was good and I still think Matt Smith is a great Doctor and I quite like Clara, but like you said, there's no "epic-ness" anymore. You don't get to the end of an episode, sit back, realise your heart rate has increased and think "wow. Epic."
Original post by Rakas21
River gave him the regeneration energy of eleven more lives.

How do we know it was 11?

It won't end just because of the Doctor reaching his 13th regeneration. The entire show is a goldmine for the BBC.

What's more is that River gave the Doctor all of her remaining regenerations, and seeing as the Doctor is the last of the Time Lords, he can make up his own rules about regeneration. I read somewhere that number of regenerations is not biological but rather determined by the more superior Time Lords. For example they once promised the Master further regenerations if he helped them.

Now that they're gone, the Doctor can regenerate as much as he likes.
It won't end just because of the Doctor reaching his 13th regeneration. The entire show is a goldmine for the BBC.

Fair point. Getting carried away again. :facepalm2:

I wonder how long DW will go on for though, and what that finale will be like! :P

What's more is that River gave the Doctor all of her remaining regenerations, and seeing as the Doctor is the last of the Time Lords, he can make up his own rules about regeneration. I read somewhere that number of regenerations is not biological but rather determined by the more superior Time Lords. For example they once promised the Master further regenerations if he helped them.

Now that they're gone, the Doctor can regenerate as much as he likes.

Weird. But cool.
(edited 10 years ago)
How do we know it was 11?

She was born and grew into the girl, she regenerated into Amy's friend and then she regenerated into River before giving him all her regeneration energy.

Quick Reply

Latest