The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Sociology at Stirling

Please write if you applied to Sociology or Social Policy. I am a bit worried because I haven't known anyone yet, who is on my course :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, I was nervous as well, Stirling would be a new town for me. I've got a conditional for Sociology and social policy, what about you? Do you no one at university already?
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by Patrikk
Please write if you applied to Sociology or Social Policy. I am a bit worried because I haven't known anyone yet, who is on my course :smile:

heyaa, I'm doing criminology as my first degree, but I'll be doing some sociology aswell. sorry if it's not enough:tongue:
I've applied for Sociology with History+teaching :smile:
I love the sound of sociology at Stirling!
Reply 4
Original post by CarrotReaper
I've applied for Sociology with History+teaching :smile:
I love the sound of sociology at Stirling!

I'm guessing that your doing secondary teaching? I'm doing biology with secondary teaching :smile:
Reply 5
I've got an unconditional for 2nd year of Sociology & Social Policy. If I choose to go to Stirling I'll be living in halls so will no doubt still bump into all of you! :smile:
Original post by jah00011
I'm guessing that your doing secondary teaching? I'm doing biology with secondary teaching :smile:

Yeah, secondary teaching :smile:
Ah that's cool, i'm taking higher biology this year, totally rubbish at it haha!
Reply 7
Original post by HE17
Hello, I was nervous as well, Stirling would be a new town for me. I've got a conditional for Sociology and social policy, what about you? Do you no one at university already?

I had an unconditional offer for Sociology and Social Policy, and Sociology and Spanish. Finally I accepted Sociology and Spanish :smile:
Reply 8
I've just accepted my unconditional offer for Sociology and Social Policy :smile: Glad I've come across this since I hadn't heard of anybody else who had applied either!
Reply 9
Original post by akd*
I've just accepted my unconditional offer for Sociology and Social Policy :smile: Glad I've come across this since I hadn't heard of anybody else who had applied either!

Stirling is quite strong in social sciences, so I'm looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 10
I got a conditional offer (and I'll know whether I'm in or not TOMORROW...) to Sociology & Criminology!
Reply 11
Original post by Patrikk
Stirling is quite strong in social sciences, so I'm looking forward to it :smile:

I'm looking forward to it too - the university seems great! :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by xanthippe
I got a conditional offer (and I'll know whether I'm in or not TOMORROW...) to Sociology & Criminology!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 13
Aaaand I got the grades I needed! YEAH. I'll be seeing you guys in September!

[video="youtube;h-LbvFckptY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LbvFckptY[/video]
Reply 14
Congrats to you 'language-relative'! :biggrin: (im Hungarian :biggrin: ) btw why did you decide to go Scotland from Finland?
Reply 15
I just wanted to get away from Finland (I'm constantly afraid of getting stuck somewhere haha) and I have friends studying in Scotland, so it seemed somehow natural. :smile: I can't wait to leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by xanthippe
I just wanted to get away from Finland (I'm constantly afraid of getting stuck somewhere haha) and I have friends studying in Scotland, so it seemed somehow natural. :smile: I can't wait to leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good :smile: which accomodation will you stay in?
Reply 17
Original post by Patrikk
That's good :smile: which accomodation will you stay in?

I don't know yet - I still need to wait for the official translation of my graduating certificate so my conditional offer can be changed to an unconditional :/ I should get it in a couple of weeks, though...

But I think I'll apply to Geddes as my first and AKD as second choice. I just want the cheapest one really :biggrin:

How about you?
Reply 18
I applied for and accepted a place in Geddes Court. Unfortunately, money is an important factor for me too, so I decided to choose the cheapest one... :smile: but I think it will be good, I look forward to it :smile: btw. I would like to find a part-time job beside uni, to cover at least a part of my costs.
Reply 19
Original post by Patrikk
I applied for and accepted a place in Geddes Court. Unfortunately, money is an important factor for me too, so I decided to choose the cheapest one... :smile: but I think it will be good, I look forward to it :smile: btw. I would like to find a part-time job beside uni, to cover at least a part of my costs.

Yeah Geddes doesn't look bad, of course it has a lot of people living there but you know, I personally don't mind. Seems nice enough!

I've been thinking of getting a job as well, at least for the summer, mostly because I really don't want to have to move all my stuff to Finland and back. :biggrin:

Oh and I forgot to ask you back! Why did you decide to study in Scotland?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending