The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by h__richards
yep! and once again I think I've messed it up! Brilliant. I thought the listening was really easy, the reading was average and the essay was average. I got a D last summer, a D in January so god knows what I'll get this time. A level French and me have just been one big nightmare from start to finish, ridiculous how I went from A* at GCSE to barely scraping Cs at AS

YES! I know exactly what you mean, I'm in exactly the same boat pretty much. A* at GCSE and stuck on a B at the moment. Got a B in June 2012, then a B in Jan 2013 (Exactly the same mark both times :angry:) so I was hoping for an A this time but I really don't know....
Reply 261
Original post by _AGrove_
YES! I know exactly what you mean, I'm in exactly the same boat pretty much. A* at GCSE and stuck on a B at the moment. Got a B in June 2012, then a B in Jan 2013 (Exactly the same mark both times :angry:) so I was hoping for an A this time but I really don't know....
Can you remember what you put for the uniform questions? whether they were positive or negative?
Reply 262
Original post by tom the student
present participle for grandir (anyone else manage grandissant? Lucky guess paid off here).

Ow man, I put grandant :facepalm:
Reply 263
Original post by sh7171
Can you remember what you put for the uniform questions? whether they were positive or negative?

Really can't remember at all sorry!
Reply 264
I put grandant too, I am so mad at myself! and I just couldn't hear the thing about violent behaviour in the second listening question. Also I mistook "echecs" scholaire to be truancy, not failure :''(
Reply 265
Original post by The Ogley
The first one was not marriage was it? I understood it as a couple who were going to get married but broke up

Definitely wasn't marriage because it said they realised they could not live together!
The third one was talking about the magazine closer announcing someone's marriage.
Reply 266
Original post by Goosegogs
Definitely wasn't marriage because it said they realised they could not live together!
The third one was talking about the magazine closer announcing someone's marriage.

I agree-The first one was saying that a month before, there was the POSSIBILITY of marriage, but that now they could not live together
Reply 267
anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? did anyone do cinema because I did and not sure I wrote enough- 3 sides but large handwriting and lots of crossings out!
Reply 268
People of this thread, I think I speak for everyone when I say:

"Let's pray for low grade boundaries"
I put grandant too for the grandir question... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 270
Original post by babybunty97
I put grandant too for the grandir question... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There there, we all made that same mistake:console:
Reply 271
I got;
Break up
Marriage
Baby
Argument
New relationship

I think baby and marriage might have been the other way round, can't quite remember the order. Anyone else get similar? Really hated that question.
Reply 272
Original post by sh7171

I got two positives, two negatives and two positive an negatives. Can't remember exactly, sorry. :frown:
Reply 273
Actually feel like crying looking through this tag :/
Targeted an A, but guess I can't have gotten any more than a D if I'm lucky ... Made so many stupid mistakes.
I think I've only got two of the q9 answers right - *Despite that being the question I revised most for* - also made the 'grandant' mistake / stupidly answered (a) with 'monoparentelles'... So there's 10ish marks gone already.
Was the modeles answer (q9) 'masculins'? I think I got that and 's'agir' right?
How much will the speaking affect the final grade? *Got a B/A ...
Original post by BuddingAchiever
useful words of wisdom... and do you think that studying igcse helps me with the transition to a-levels ?

Haha, yeah absolutely. I mean it just kind of builds your French up gradually so you naturally become better at it. A level french would be a lot harder if you just dived straight into it :P
Original post by sn96
Actually feel like crying looking through this tag :/
Targeted an A, but guess I can't have gotten any more than a D if I'm lucky ... Made so many stupid mistakes.
I think I've only got two of the q9 answers right - *Despite that being the question I revised most for* - also made the 'grandant' mistake / stupidly answered (a) with 'monoparentelles'... So there's 10ish marks gone already.
Was the modeles answer (q9) 'masculins'? I think I got that and 's'agir' right?
How much will the speaking affect the final grade? *Got a B/A ...

The speaking exam is worth 1/3 :smile:
also made the "grandant" mistake
Reply 277
Original post by squishysquid
The speaking exam is worth 1/3 :smile:

Thank you :smile: Would that mean there's a chance of it balancing out a bit / getting a C if I have completely messed up?
Reply 278
How much did everyone else write for their essays? Reading that people wrote 4 sides is worrying me - I wrote, and have written for all my essays, about 2, or a bit less. Is this too little?
Reply 279
Anyone got tge answers for that uniform one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending