The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology: G542: Core Studies - Wednesday 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by shyamshah
I am quite worried too, dont worry though it will be fine :wink:

Hope so! If the 10 marker isn't describe your own procedure my eyes will fall out of my head and i will die. I can't do the DV questions they kill me.
Original post by ttreb
Hope so! If the 10 marker isn't describe your own procedure my eyes will fall out of my head and i will die. I can't do the DV questions they kill me.

Yeah it will probably be describe and evaluate your procedure. Just remember to write in enough detail, I always lose marks on this. The 10 marker could also be about validity and reliability.
Reply 142
Original post by shyamshah
Yeah it will probably be describe and evaluate your procedure. Just remember to write in enough detail, I always lose marks on this. The 10 marker could also be about validity and reliability.

I literally just did June 2010 investigations paper and it was so so so good. Why are the actual exams harder :frown:
Original post by ttreb
I literally just did June 2010 investigations paper and it was so so so good. Why are the actual exams harder :frown:

Just be relaxed when you go into the exam hall and treat it as if it's just a past paper you are doing at home, that way you won't get nervous about the exam and won't forget things :smile:
i'm actually not worrying about the psych investigations exam tomorrow... although i should! I'm more worried about the core studies as it's worth more.

Original post by qs2xo

btw does anyone know what might come up in section B? My teachers are relucatant to tell me as the studies are quite unpredictable

i found a resource online and it's really helpful but i don't know how reliable it is...

but basically, there are 4 methods: experiment, case study, self-report and observation.
then there are 8 issues: reliability and validity, ethics, ecological validity, longitudinal, snapshot, qualitative and quantitative.

so far, each exam that has already been, some of the questions in section B have been related to only ONE of these issues/methods.

so experiments came up in Jan09, ethics in Jun09, quantitative in Jan10, case study in Jun10, snapshot in Jan11, qualitative in Jun11 and observation in Jan12. NONE OF THESE ISSUES/METHODS HAVE COME UP AGAIN SINCE!

meaning.. there are only 5 issues/methods left for section B (not including Jun12 and Jan13 cause i do not know which one appeared in section B!) so what's left includes: self-report, reliability, validity, ecological validity, longitudinal.

if you can find out what issues came up in Jun12 or Jan13 then it would be highly useful!

but from using this information, you can then try and link the studies together to try and guess which of the remaining 3 issues/methods could come up :smile:
Could anyone for the psychological investigations exam pershaps give me a model answer for the 10 mark quesions?

I don't think (when i practce) Mine are good enough . How many points should you raise when evauluating. :s-smilie:
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
Could anyone for the psychological investigations exam pershaps give me a model answer for the 10 mark quesions?

I don't think (when i practce) Mine are good enough . How many points should you raise when evauluating. :s-smilie:

two advantages and two disadvantages (in context) are required for 10 marks. so at least try to make this amount of comments! good luck!
Thank you. So you can't get away with one stengthand one weakness damn it. What 10 markers do you think will come up? :smile:
Original post by Simran Mars Foster
Thank you. So you can't get away with one stengthand one weakness damn it. What 10 markers do you think will come up? :smile:

well, if you only mention one of each, then max is 9 marks i believe :smile: and probably just a 'describe and evaluate a suitable procedure for this observation etc etc'
When I did this paper last year I did all the possible question combinations about the approaches as revision and learnt my marked answers as best I could. It sounds like a lot of hard work, but it really does help. Also make sure you know around 8 points about the results from each study, this makes section b so much easier and can also be a massive help in section a. The UMS are quite g normally on this paper, I got 104/120 and got full UMS so don't panic too much!
good luck!
Reply 150
Hey all! I made this table just to show all the studies in Section B and approaches in Section C that came up for previous papers. My predictions are:

Section B
Baron Cohen (only came up once back in Jan 09)
Sperry
Reicher and Haslam

Section C
Physiological approach
Behaviourist perspective
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qs2xo
Hey all! I made this table just to show all the studies in Section B and approaches in Section C that came up for previous papers. My predictions are:

Section B
Baron Cohen (only came up once back in Jan 09)
Sperry
Reicher and Haslam

Section C
Physiological approach
Behaviourist perspective

Good lord staying away from Reicher and Haslam! I think Baron and Cohen will most def will come up to. :smile:
Reply 152
This may also be helpful for Section B. Its just possible improvements and implications for each of the studies. Of course there are more but these are just general ones about ecological validity and the sample :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by qs2xo
This may also be helpful for Section B. Its just possible improvements and implications for each of the studies.

Thank you for posting. :smile:
Reply 154
Wow. I'm gonna have to say bye to my psychology degree. I found investigations really hard today and with the thought of core studies i'm panicing like mad. So long uni :frown:
Omg yesterday I was panicking like 'I can't do this exam tomorrow' and I started thinking about alternates to uni (especially psychology) .. Psychology is just seriously killing me!

But I think the exam was fine, the Observation part was a bit tricky.. And the 2 10 markers seemed a bit harsh but I think went fine..

Problem is, I feel I've done fine as I was able to answer all questions fine, but im sure this exam gets marked quite harsh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you've done fine btw! You seem very motivated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Original post by ttreb
no problem, glad i can help! My email is messed up so i've attached them here for you :smile:

i've got i think about 3 or 4 to finish but these are the ones that i have completed.

omggg thankyou soo much! They are soooo good :d
Reply 158
Could they give us two perspectives? Or do they not do that!??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No they won't, someone stated that ocr said they will not put 2 perspectives on the same paper.

Someone else also state that the behaviourist perspective has been taken off the specification.. So there's only psychodynamic to worry about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending