The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History Unit 2 Wednesday 22nd May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Any predictions for the section B question of the changing role of women?
Also, does anyone know the section B questions from Jan 13 or June 12? I am resitting from Jan 12 so i am trying to work out what is more likely to come up!
Reply 161
Original post by hollywils
Any predictions for the section B question of the changing role of women?
Also, does anyone know the section B questions from Jan 13 or June 12? I am resitting from Jan 12 so i am trying to work out what is more likely to come up!

I think we will get a work opportunities question and education, or we will get a suffrage question. I doubt marriage and all that could come up after Jan, as well as the political parties.

Jan 13 I remember the liberal one I did was.
Do you agree with the view that the Liberal Government hindered the cause of women's suffrage in the years before the war? something like that

and I think something about the angel in the house losing its relevance
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by Robbie242
I think we will get a work opportunities question and education, or we will get a suffrage question. I doubt marriage and all that could come up after Jan, as well as the political parties.

Jan 13 I remember the liberal one I did was.
Do you agree with the view that the Liberal Government hindered the cause of women's suffrage in the years before the war? something like that

and I think something about the angel in the house losing its relevance

Thanks! :smile: Really hoping that a suffrage question comes up and I wouldn't mind education either!
Wouldn't like one on the war or trade unions though :frown:
HELP: Do you look at provenance in part B?!
Reply 164
Original post by hollywils
Thanks! :smile: Really hoping that a suffrage question comes up and I wouldn't mind education either!
Wouldn't like one on the war or trade unions though :frown:

Same, my suffrage knowledge is fantastic, in the end of the essay I can be really evaluative placing the NUWSS head to head against the WSPU, or suggesting that both methods were too extreme on both sides of the coin. With work opportunities/war/(ESPECIALLY trade unions) I really feel like I'm just splatting out facts and saying therefore this led to more work opportunities lol.

Q(a) I hope is on something common and easy to write about

(b) A very broad suffrage question perhaps 1900-1920 would be astonishing, since 1900-1910 has being done before, they may chose to do 1910-1920. Anything beyond 1920 though is a little fiddly. Really hope I get an A in this resit :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by ArtisticFlair

NO. Own Knowledge and cross-referencing from sources.
Reply 166
Original post by ArtisticFlair

Nope, only in question A!
Reply 167
Original post by Robbie242
Same, my suffrage knowledge is fantastic, in the end of the essay I can be really evaluative placing the NUWSS head to head against the WSPU, or suggesting that both methods were too extreme on both sides of the coin. With work opportunities/war/(ESPECIALLY trade unions) I really feel like I'm just splatting out facts and saying therefore this led to more work opportunities lol.

Q(a) I hope is on something common and easy to write about

(b) A very broad suffrage question perhaps 1900-1920 would be astonishing, since 1900-1910 has being done before, they may chose to do 1910-1920. Anything beyond 1920 though is a little fiddly. Really hope I get an A in this resit :smile:

I'm hoping question A is fairly easy. Because I did this exam last Jan I'm feeling unconfident that I will even pick up half marks never mind go from a B to an A!!!
Good luck :smile: Fingers crossed it is on the suffrage movement!
Original post by Revision-
I'm pretty sure we will be :biggrin:
What topic did u do for unit 1 btw?

Germany...........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
Original post by Student96
I am! How are you feeling about it? I'm pretty nervous... :smile:

Phew, that's good! It seemed that everyone else was doing more modern sections! :smile:

I am quite nervous, more so for the 40 marker than 20 marker-aaaaah!!!
How's your revision gone? I'm planning on doing as many past papers as I can before tomorrow afternoon! :biggrin:
Hi hows everyone feeling tomorrow?
I'm doing the experience of warfare :3
could someone explain to me what the khaki election was, and what it's significance was?
I'm pretty sure we will be :biggrin:
What topic did u do for unit 1 btw?

My only worry is that they could put the charistim question as a 20mrkr....leaving me exposed to doing badly on the 40mrkr.....its unlikely but could happen.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Faust
NO. Own Knowledge and cross-referencing from sources.

Nope, only in question A!

I was told you could do it if it helped in some way strengthen your argument (in the sense of - Source A says this... this is accurate because it was written by... which means..., as well as this - I also know that ....) or am I talking b******ks
Reply 173
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
I was told you could do it if it helped in some way strengthen your argument (in the sense of - Source A says this... this is accurate because it was written by... which means..., as well as this - I also know that ....) or am I talking b******ks

It's okay to write a brief sentence but don't go into any depth as the examiners don't credit provenance in a (b) question.
hey everybody! im doing the change in role of women and women suffrage tomorrow. (as level) has anyone done it? any tips? anyone by luck already did it this year? any tips or predictions would help
Predicitions for option c? Crimea, Boer and First World War?
It's okay to write a brief sentence but don't go into any depth as the examiners don't credit provenance in a (b) question.

I thought as much. I have somehow just gone over 2 topics in 2 hours.. I'm kind of shocked! :tongue:
Original post by GrumpyChickensDS
Predicitions for option c? Crimea, Boer and First World War?

My teacher thinks role of women as WW1 - which would be alright.

I think its likely a home front question comes up as they haven't since January 2012
Reply 178
Original post by gooner4ever
My only worry is that they could put the charistim question as a 20mrkr....leaving me exposed to doing badly on the 40mrkr.....its unlikely but could happen.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

In theory it shouldn't come up for a 20 marker again, as it has done for the last two papers. I hope so anyway, would like it for the 40 marker for sure.
Original post by Afcwimbledon2
My teacher thinks role of women as WW1 - which would be alright.

I think its likely a home front question comes up as they haven't since January 2012

That would be nice. I wouldn't mind propaganda, or Nightingale on either A or B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending