The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
She was born and grew into the girl, she regenerated into Amy's friend and then she regenerated into River before giving him all her regeneration energy.

We're still unsure of the exact number, though.
Original post by Chrizzle94
Also, how did Clara manage to receive a letter from Vastra when they are hundreds of years apart?

Someone's never seen Back to the Future :wink:
is river song coming back in the 50th special or in season 8?
On the question of River's regeneration energy - I always interpreted that scene to be River using up all her energy to bring the Doctor back from the dead, which doesn't imply that he would gain more regenerations. Did they ever state that he got more regenerations from that? :beard:
Original post by Rakas21
She was born and grew into the girl, she regenerated into Amy's friend and then she regenerated into River before giving him all her regeneration energy.

I know that, but how do you know it was specifically 11 lives she gave him (or any at all)?

Original post by Feefifofum
On the question of River's regeneration energy - I always interpreted that scene to be River using up all her energy to bring the Doctor back from the dead, which doesn't imply that he would gain more regenerations. Did they ever state that he got more regenerations from that? :beard:

This was my interpretation too.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Don't you mean Moffat?

I do. Typo.
I really hope this isn't the last we see of River.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by satellites
I really hope this isn't the last we see of River.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do. She's just so annoying.
Reply 1408
on the topic of the valyard. I was under the impression the master just said he was whatever future regeneration hes meant to be but it was never really confirmed, as in how does the master know? he could be wrong or even lying. I don't think the valyard can be a future regeneration of the doctor because he interacted with the other timelords and galifray before the time war, and since the doctor can't do that now due to the time lock surely a future version also couldn't? so john hurts character being both the valyard and the "real" 9th doctor would make perfect sense from that point of view.
Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.
Original post by Kelani
Why do you guys think Clara hadn't seen the John Hurt Doctor? Surely if she spread throughout his whole timeline and saw the original 11 doctors, she would have seen him too, regardless of whether he went by the name of the doctor blah

i was thinking that too but anything you cant explain can be explained by one simple quote :rolleyes:
Original post by HotfireLegend
Original post by Billa Bong
i was thinking that too but anything you cant explain can be explained by one simple quote :rolleyes:

maybe the TARDIS imprisoned him in his own timeline because he assaulted her :wink: refused to call her sexy or something... that would be hilarious,,,
Original post by Billa Bong

Spoiler

I've read speculation that...

Spoiler

Reply 1414
I've read speculation that...

Spoiler

Ahh I see...

Spoiler

Original post by HotfireLegend

I love that line.
Original post by priya8D
Ahh I see...

Spoiler

But the crack throughout that series turned out to be from the TARDIS exploding..
Feefifofum

x

Sorry - I can't VM or PM you - I was scrolling and middle-clicked on the neg on your post - which opens the link in a new tab and negged you - I didn't mean to, and I wasn't able to explain privately!
Original post by rmhumphries
Sorry - I can't VM or PM you - I was scrolling and middle-clicked on the neg on your post - which opens the link in a new tab and negged you - I didn't mean to, and I wasn't able to explain privately!

Ahhhh! No worries, I was just confused really since I didn't think I'd done anything particularly neggable! :p:
Ahhhh! No worries, I was just confused really since I didn't think I'd done anything particularly neggable! :p:

Nope, it was just my scrolling habits I'm afraid :tongue: It was better in the olden days, where you could leave a message, so as a side-effect, you couldn't accidentally neg people!

Quick Reply

Latest