The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Well if you said tourism thanks to holidays then it should be fine because you've linked it to holidays.
Reply 341
Original post by ellismayxx
Looking back I made such stupid mistakes that I wouldn't normally have made but the whole 'exam' thing makes me mess up! haha! yeah the listening was okay I reckon I did about the same! the speed dating question I hated though! those V/F/ND questions are all so hard even my French teachers disagree sometimes!
haha! I'm an A2 student and done this paper 3 times so I won't get another go! D: hopefully 3rd time I bagged that all important C grade!

Same D: Yeah, I'm sure I got the last one wrong though - for some reason I didn't pick up on the bit about them still dating...
Realised that I always think of the right thing in these exams but then end up putting the wrong answer down anyway because I think the other ones are too simple -.-
Ahh, good luck! I'm sure you'll have got it ^_^
Just wondering though, do you know what Uni's are like with retakes in general? I really didn't want to be retaking but now I feel like it's inevitable...
Reply 342
Original post by eggz95
Keep CALM!
maybe practise question 9, our teacher told us it could make a difference between two grades
Plan some essays, it's always useful. Sport or Holidays will probrably come up, if I were you ignore marriage and fashion, been on the last 2 papers consecutively
Also Family could come up :s-smilie:

Thanks! Really helped! hopefully I'll get good grade and not have to resit! Hope you found it ok!
Reply 343
Original post by sn96
Same D: Yeah, I'm sure I got the last one wrong though - for some reason I didn't pick up on the bit about them still dating...
Realised that I always think of the right thing in these exams but then end up putting the wrong answer down anyway because I think the other ones are too simple -.-
Ahh, good luck! I'm sure you'll have got it ^_^
Just wondering though, do you know what Uni's are like with retakes in general? I really didn't want to be retaking but now I feel like it's inevitable...

It depends what universities you are looking at going to, some really do not like retakes and probably won't give you an offer if they see you are retaking or you will be looked upon unfavourably. However, other universities do not have a problem with retakes.
Original post by Renault4
oooooo i put monoparentalles instead of monoparentales... i wonder if they will give me the benefit of the dought ;D

Haha, I put that too... so I'm hoping they'll let us both off :wink:
what were the reading questions; got the one about uniforms, coffee, speed dating and the grammar one, what was the last one about?? cheers
Original post by readingfcgeorge
what were the reading questions; got the one about uniforms, coffee, speed dating and the grammar one, what was the last one about?? cheers

adverts
Original post by milworthy
adverts

thanks!
Reply 348
adverts

What was this one about? I've forgotten it completely:tongue:
Original post by tom the student
I did the tv question , our class spent a lot of tome on media so everyone chose this or cinema however the holidays one seemed simple to answer.
Never heard close test but I assume that's the grammar section, which was I think quite nasty with subjunctive and present participle for grandir (anyone else manage grandissant? Lucky guess paid off here). The reading was good as was the listening even if that Senegalese director was crazy.

present participle of gardir=gardant
stem=gard + present participle ending ant=gardant
Original post by William24
What was this one about? I've forgotten it completely:tongue:

I can't remember exactly what they said :frown: but there were three people talking about ads and we had to put the letter of the name in the box that matched the desciption

Tensions with their parents I put wants attention from parents

Failure at school I put wants attention from school

Sorry I can't remember I put feels alone

The shocking story was:

Young girl died

She was only 12

She drank an enormous amount of alcohol

For the consequences:

Unprotected Sex I put sex-unwanted?

Violent fights I put violence is that the same

Car accidents I put road accidents-basically the same

Addictions

Reply 352
I can't remember exactly what they said :frown: but there were three people talking about ads and we had to put the letter of the name in the box that matched the desciption

Aahhhh, I remember now. That one seemed a bit too easy.. Did you get 2 per person?
Original post by William24
Aahhhh, I remember now. That one seemed a bit too easy.. Did you get 2 per person?

I think there were like 8 but it seemed pretty evenly spread
Anyone know when a mark scheme will be online?? :smile:
Original post by Jennnnnnnnnnnnnn
Anyone know when a mark scheme will be online?? :smile:

I don't know, but I think your teacher might have a copy of the exam so you could do through the reading / writing with them!
Reply 356
Original post by aMBITIOUS :)

Tensions with their parents I put wants attention from parents

Failure at school I put wants attention from school

Sorry I can't remember I put feels alone

The shocking story was:

Young girl died

She was only 12

She drank an enormous amount of alcohol

For the consequences:

Unprotected Sex I put sex-unwanted?

Violent fights I put violence is that the same

Car accidents I put road accidents-basically the same

Addictions

I think putting "des tensions" when people can think that it said "d'attention" was really cruel....
Reply 357
I was so glad when I saw there was an essay question on advantages and disadvantages of holidays! :smile:
Reply 358
I did this paper today and I have two issues, in question 1 and 9.

QUESTION 1 A
des tensions or d'attention? seriously? if they are going to be strict about that then tbh they need to reconsider their strategies. the two both fit the context of why youths drink alcohol and with exam pressure, it is undoubtable that people will make the mistake of d'attention if it really was des tensions.

QUESTION 9 A
(the numbers and exact wordings are a guess because I cannot remember)
"1.1 de la familles sont decomposees, et plus que 2.2 sont ***"
right it was something along those lines, the first half of the sentence spoke about the families (fem) but the latter part which we were asked to ajust monoparental to refers to MILLIONS - MASCULINE? so i put "monoparentals" because millions is masculine plural. Was this right or should I have done "monoparentalles" for the families? even though in the part asked, the adjective was referring to the millions?

HELLLPPPPPP :frown:
Original post by rosa18
It depends what universities you are looking at going to, some really do not like retakes and probably won't give you an offer if they see you are retaking or you will be looked upon unfavourably. However, other universities do not have a problem with retakes.

with the new scheme coming in getting rid of january modules I'd have thought maybe some unis will be slightly more lenient than they may have been in previous cycles because now they wouldn't know if you resat a january module in june whereas now it's not the case sadly :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending