The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology A - AS: June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Our teachers have been told not to discount things that came up in jan as they can be asked again... So I wouldn't rule it out correct me if I'm wrong?
Original post by wedgy
Our teachers have been told not to discount things that came up in jan as they can be asked again... So I wouldn't rule it out correct me if I'm wrong?

No definitely don't rule anything out. Psychology is known to ask the same questions. They did so in A3 with schizophrenia this year and last.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
so my teacher forgot to teach us research methods -.- help? anything?
Reply 63
Original post by ImAz
We've kind of done the course backwards, we did unit 2 (Social, Individual difference and Biological psychology) first. And we're going to be doing unit 1 (developmental, cognitive and research methods) in June :smile:
I got an A in the Unit 2 exam which was quite surprising since 180/230 people at my college got U's in it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've done the exact same thing at my school and I got an a in unit 2 :smile: how are you revising for unit 1 that's tomorrow?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 65
anyone got any predicted 12 mark questions?
Reply 66
I have a slight suspicion that the 12 marker will be on memory tomorrow, as daycare (June 2012) and institutionalization (Jan 13) has been recent. Unless they do 3 attachment 12 markers in a row? Bowlby and the evolutionary theory has been cited to come up, as it's been missing as a 12 marker recently. But then again so has memory...hmm.
im hoping a memory 12 marker, if I'm honest!

hope the papers okay!
what would you write for a cognitive interview 12 marker? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBooshIsLoose
im hoping a memory 12 marker, if I'm honest!

hope the papers okay!

Ditto
Original post by megfashion

Posted from TSR Mobile

the components of the cognitive interview, Geiselman's study (the blue rucksack thing). Idk what else..:confused:
Original post by megfashion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by moonziggy
the components of the cognitive interview, Geiselman's study (the blue rucksack thing). Idk what else..:confused:

for A01: The four main techniques by Geiselman et al. A02: Use Geiselman, there's also research conducted by Fisher et al who found 47% more useful information from witnesses to real crimes compared to when they had been using standard interview techniques. Bekerian & Dennet (1993) reviewed 27 studies into the effectiveness of the cognitive interview schedule and found that the cognitive interview provided more accurate information than other interview techniques (see: http://www.psychteacher.co.uk/memory/cognitive-interview.html) plus there was another one about police saying why they would use standard interview technique instead of cognitive interview (which is in the cat book - student companion)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
Well the 12 marker was unexpected

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
What was the 12 marker on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sannn
Well the 12 marker was unexpected

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

How did it go?
Reply 75
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cultural variations. I thought it was quite a nice 12 marker, compared to what could have come up.
Reply 76
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

bloody cross cultural variations.
I knew Cultural Variations will come up. :biggrin:
Reply 78
Has anyone got an essay plan or revision notes for - 'Outline and evaluate the psychodynamic approach to psychopathology' (12 marks) AQA exam board - PSYA2
I know that it is Freud and the id, ego and super ego and the psychosexual stages but I don't know how to link it to abnormality and the detail needed ?
Reply 79
Original post by benson13
Has anyone got an essay plan or revision notes for - 'Outline and evaluate the psychodynamic approach to psychopathology' (12 marks) AQA exam board - PSYA2
I know that it is Freud and the id, ego and super ego and the psychosexual stages but I don't know how to link it to abnormality and the detail needed ?

use this site: http://www.psychteacher.co.uk/abnormality/psychodynamic-model.html it has nearly everything you need to know for unit 2 and very detailed too. There's also tips on answering a 12 mark questions.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest