The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diggy
No way f321 could be a.gcse paper if not for the mole

Posted from TSR Mobile

F322 the same questions come up

It's all processes, no application, got an A in f321 but I know I'll get a higher A in f322
Original post by 344302
I thought I had mastered Hess Cycles but maybe not!

When it says use enthalpy change of combustion values to calculate enthalpy change of formation for C6H1206, WHICH WAYS DO THE ARROWS GO?
I did the arrows down because it is giving data for enthaply of combustion data? Thats what my teacher told me and it usually works so why does it not work in this case? This has confused me even more

when ur using combustion values the arrows go down, and up when using formation values.
was the question taken from a past paper? what's the question i'll try figure it out!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by niceguy95

It's all processes, no application, got an A in f321 but I know I'll get a higher A in f322

there's always some application in the paper.
Anyone have any useful notes on polymers and their uses the book is pretty useless with this topic tbh
Original post by Farrybarry123
Anyone have any useful notes on polymers and their uses the book is pretty useless with this topic tbh

the main things you have to know is how to draw out a section
and the problems of disposing of them and things scientists are doing to minimise the damage done. have you got a CGP guide, it summarises it nicely there.
Reply 325
Original post by needtosucceed=)
when ur using combustion values the arrows go down, and up when using formation values.
was the question taken from a past paper? what's the question i'll try figure it out!

June 11
Q2Biii
Reply 326

There's always some annoying question where you have to apply your knowledge. Not really chemistry knowledge but common sense.

If the question starts with suggest, its usually an application question
How is everyone revising module 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 328
Original post by Jimmy20002012
How is everyone revising module 4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not specifically focusing on it but if it comes up in a paper and I get it wrong I just flick through the book and try to memorise it.

The equations seem to be the tricky part. Well for me anyway

If the Jan 2013 paper there was a question that said something along the lines of write an overall equation for these reactions but it wasn't the ozone one? How do you do these types of questions? Like for the overall ozone depletion equation .. how did they get that?
I hope you understand what I mean
Reply 329
Original post by 344302
Not specifically focusing on it but if it comes up in a paper and I get it wrong I just flick through the book and try to memorise it.

If the Jan 2013 paper there was a question that said something along the lines of write an overall equation for these reactions but it wasn't the ozone one? How do you do these types of questions? Like for the overall ozone depletion equation .. how did they get that?

I dont think you'd lose marks for saying either but the ozone one is the one you're supposed to know with the free radical substitution while the NO one you're supposed to know the reaction without the radicals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 344302

Cancel out anything that apears on both sides of the equation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 331
Original post by Rubyturner94
Cancel out anything that apears on both sides of the equation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! This is what I was looking for!
Original post by 344302
June 11
Q2Biii

wrong paper, theres no question 2biii
Reply 333
Original post by needtosucceed=)
wrong paper, theres no question 2biii

Apologies, ill find it when I get home in a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 344302
There's always some annoying question where you have to apply your knowledge. Not really chemistry knowledge but common sense.

If the question starts with suggest, its usually an application question

look through the mark scheme and papers pre 2009 and they questions re repeated

easier than f321
How is everyones revision going, since we only have less than 2 weeks till the exam? 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 336
Just learn the f322 notes on this page http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1964069

I guarantee if you learn this thorought you WIL get an A, the notes are literally following specification with mark scheme answers

F322 is easier than f321 IMO, more straightforward

your an absolute life saver ! the notes are amazing ! :smile:
Original post by opengeek
your an absolute life saver ! the notes are amazing ! :smile:

Hi can you post the notes again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 338
Original post by Jimmy20002012
How is everyones revision going, since we only have less than 2 weeks till the exam? 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rewriting my notes up starting tomorrow, for Bio and Chem. then past papers up until the exam🙈🙈

I just finished making a really good mind mappy flow chart thing for all the reactions we need to know and their conditions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz
Rewriting my notes up starting tomorrow, for Bio and Chem. then past papers up until the exam🙈🙈

I just finished making a really good mind mappy flow chart thing for all the reactions we need to know and their conditions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah mind maps are really good, especially for the reaction mechanisms :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending