The Student Room Group

WJEC French AS FN2 Tuesday 21st May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I find it funny how we all are worrying so much over this 1 mark! haha
Reply 61
Original post by Smougii
Hated the true/false question with "college/ecole" I put true purely on the basis that I think I already had 4 falses, did the sport essay but as I rambled on, anyone know what they do if the essay is over 200-250 words? I think I must have done around 400 because I just didn't know how to end it! Annoyed their was nothing on fashion since it seems to be all we've studied for the last couple of months, didn't come up on either exam!

I did say last night WJEC were poor and they've shown it again there!

If you write more than 280 words they don't mark it. If your second argument etc and conclusion are after 280 words they treat your essay as not having a conclusion... so you may get a lower UQR mark out of 20.
Reply 62
Original post by Ant_C_LFC
What did everyone get for the 2nd listening question? I struggled a bit with two of the answers

Remind me, what did you put? I've completely forgotten the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Beths_7
Remind me, what did you put? I've completely forgotten the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was the one with the 5 gaps in the paragraph 'insisté' was one of the answers
Reply 64
Original post by baddeleyh
If you write more than 280 words they don't mark it. If your second argument etc and conclusion are after 280 words they treat your essay as not having a conclusion... so you may get a lower UQR mark out of 20.

Ah *******s, that's what I expected having read this, seems like the sort of thing my teacher should have told me :/

Still seems ludicrous that I get a lower mark for writing MORE good french! Frustrating but nothing I can do about it now. Thanks for your response anyway.
Reply 65
Original post by Smougii
Yeah fingers crossed, shocking question though! Not the first I've seen on past papers either!

Nor the only bad question on this paper! I think the "tres peu d'eleves..." question was poor too. Perhaps I'm being a bit pedantic, but 10% could be a small or a large amount, depending on what it's relative to! I ticked true, but 10% of kids being bullied I wouldn't really describe as "tres peu."
Reply 66
anyone know if its À pratiquer or DE pratiquer?
Reply 67
Original post by mikey2912
anyone know if its À pratiquer or DE pratiquer?

I went for de I think.
Reply 68
Original post by Vernish
Nor the only bad question on this paper! I think the "tres peu d'eleves..." question was poor too. Perhaps I'm being a bit pedantic, but 10% could be a small or a large amount, depending on what it's relative to! I ticked true, but 10% of kids being bullied I wouldn't really describe as "tres peu."

YES! I'd forgotten about that! I ticked true too but 10% seems like a high number when talking about bullying stats!
Reply 69
Original post by Ant_C_LFC
It was the one with the 5 gaps in the paragraph 'insisté' was one of the answers

Oh yeah, I had 'insisté',I can't remember what order these were but I had 'eux' (I think that's wrong) 'en' (likewise) and I think 'apprendre'? Or that could be something else entirely...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by Smougii
YES! I'd forgotten about that! I ticked true too but 10% seems like a high number when talking about bullying stats!

You could have ticked false for that one and not be strictly wrong. That whole question was a disaster!
Reply 71
Original post by Smougii

Yep, I ticked true as well! That's a stupid question really, it's not testing our French, but testing whether we think 10% is high or not..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by Beths_7
Oh yeah, I had 'insisté',I can't remember what order these were but I had 'eux' (I think that's wrong) 'en' (likewise) and I think 'apprendre'? Or that could be something else entirely...
Posted from TSR Mobile

I had all those too. :smile: Was "suffit" the other one?
Reply 73
Original post by Vernish
I went for de I think.

oooh controversial! gonna have to look it up
Reply 74
Original post by Vernish

Oh good! Yep I had that word definitely, but I don't think I spelt it like that! That does look right though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by Vernish

I got all of those too, except I had a complete mental block and put 'on' instead of 'en' and I have no idea why :angry:
Reply 76
Original post by Zebrajess
But the intro specifically said 'dans un primaire'. Were we just meant to ignore that bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what I thought, I'll speak to him when I next see him because its confused me!
Reply 77
Original post by Vernish

I had that but spelt it 'suffi' I think. Never heard of it before and no idea what it means :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Zebrajess
I had that but spelt it 'suffi' I think. Never heard of it before and no idea what it means :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Means "to suffice" I think, and if I remember right it was on, so it has a 't', could be wrong on that.
Reply 79
Original post by Smougii
Means "to suffice" I think, and if I remember right it was on, so it has a 't', could be wrong on that.

Ah right. I can't remember but I think you're probably right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply