The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 2 May 21st 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Did everyone do a comparative bar chart for the graph question?

and do you lose marks if you do it in pen? I absolutely hate using a pencil unless it's for creative uses. :s-smilie:
You could have done scatter or bar chart as long as it makes sense and no you can draw in pen it gets scanned so pen or pencil makes no difference
Original post by Ben Sadler
I have to disgree with 0.74 for the spearmans rank it was definately 0.260 the formulae stated for you to do the sum of d squared x 6 over n cubed -n it never stated for you to take the 1 off, and therefore it was not needed. In my case it was 6 * 74.5 / 12 cubed -12.Ben

It was one minus the result you attained, therefore 1-0.260=0.740. Probably just a troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 403
Thank god, I always got b*ll*ck*d by my teachers for it
I agree its the spearmans rank formulae to take it away from 1, however I just do not re call it asking you to that, all be it it would only have lost me one mark, but I usually have good memory. Never mind we will see answers in due course in the summer, thanks fr replies.
Ben
Original post by oJNAo
Did everyone do a comparative bar chart for the graph question?

and do you lose marks if you do it in pen? I absolutely hate using a pencil unless it's for creative uses. :s-smilie:

You won't loose marks :lol: they cant prove it was pen/pencil via photocopy. I also hate pencil it's not very distinctive and everything blends together.

I did a compound bar chart, but I think you'd get the marks. What did you put on your axes?
Question 1:
- Densely populated on coast, most near south-eastern coast, clusters towards north, population density decreases landwards.
- Advantage: shows spatial location, geographically located, easy to see etc. Disadvantage: ignores values less/more than 100,000 (inaccurate representation), dots overlap.
- Maranho (or some ****) doesnt fit pattern of data, is the 7th largest something but highest something.
- 99% confident that relationship is linked and significant, reject hypothesis.
- did a scattergraph and labelled points
- talked about india and brazil having youthful populations: strain of resources, population dividend, NIC status?

Question 2:
- Bradshaws model etc.
- Did a sketch map of the area and labelled and annotated.
- Talked about measuring velocity and how it is good.
- Talked about other 3rd variables to investigate and some ****
Original post by bezza95
what was the anomalous result and why?

It was something like Morhão
Reply 408
Original post by Alex-Torres
You won't loose marks :lol: they cant prove it was pen/pencil via photocopy. I also hate pencil it's not very distinctive and everything blends together.

I did a compound bar chart, but I think you'd get the marks. What did you put on your axes?

I did comparative bar chart and I put countries along the bottom with DR and BR per 1000 up the side. I also put a key and a title

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
Original post by Jade10128
I did comparative bar chart and I put countries along the bottom with DR and BR per 1000 up the side. I also put a key and a title

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh typo I meant compound, where one bar is on top of the other. I did the same as you except I didn't put a title :unimpressed:
(edited 10 years ago)
Why would people draw a stacked bar chart (bars on top) because it shows no comparison between the rates.
Reply 411
Original post by Reynoldsm16
Why would people draw a stacked bar chart (bars on top) because it shows no comparison between the rates.

Yeah it does you can see from the length of each bar respectively the difference, don't come here with sweeping statements like that unless you can back them up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
You're gonna pick up marks for both type of graphs so long as they're done correctly
Reply 414
Original post by bjmcgeough
Personally I don't see how you can do a scatter graph for only four points? Also, how did you show which country is which?

I labelled them.
Reply 415
Original post by Jack_King
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Not cool dude, not cool.
Reply 416
Original post by ElChapo
Mate the paper is out of 50, the UMS is out of 60 though, sorry buddy.

yeah i know, i got 48/60 ums lol
Original post by V95
yeah i know, i got 48/60 ums lol

How many marks does that mean u lost?

Reply 418
Was a line graph ok for the graph question? I had the countries along the x axis and birth/death rate along the y with one line for birth and one for death which were labelled.
Reply 419
I don't understand how you can do a scattergraph for only 2 points for each country? I had to be a bar graph (compound/comparative)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending