Where's unit 1?
some of my friends finish tomorrow.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Reply 244
Original post by jojo1616
Do all the new syllabus, not that many

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 245
We don't have to know the apoplast pathway and symplast pathway (movement of water through the roots) or epistasis right? Because my teacher taught me them however they weren't in the syllabus. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Original post by ALevel96
i believe you got 120 ums in unit 1..
Can I ask you how you take notes, how you prepare for the exam, how long before the exam, and stuff please

Original post by The Assassin
Haha cool. I'm in the process of making them now. They should be done within a week or so :-)

What unit 1 notes? Have you posted them on here?
Reply 247
Original post by kevsamuel
We don't have to know the apoplast pathway and symplast pathway (movement of water through the roots) or epistasis right? Because my teacher taught me them however they weren't in the syllabus. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope you don't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 248
hey:smile:
what's the difference between accurate, reliable and valid? I get so confused by these and end up losing marks:')
Also does anyone else think the grade boundaries are ridiculously high for this exam?
Reply 249
I don't know but, does anyone have unit 2 notes that can be reposted? Or maybe a link?
Thanks
Reply 250
Original post by The Assassin
Updated version.

These were brilliant, thank you! [Page 4 of the thread, first post]

Might put mine up a bit later, I basically wrote perfect answers to all the 2+ mark questions from past papers based on the mark schemes.
Reply 251
Original post by student55
hey:smile:
what's the difference between accurate, reliable and valid? I get so confused by these and end up losing marks:')
Also does anyone else think the grade boundaries are ridiculously high for this exam?

What is the average mark for an A? I've only done one paper so far and I got 64 which was an A

Valid - Does the test measure what it is set out to measure? Is everything being controlled?
Reliable - If you repeat the experiment, will you get the same results? Can the results be replicated?
Accurate - Are the results close to the true/expected value?
Reply 252
Original post by 344302
What is the average mark for an A? I've only done one paper so far and I got 64 which was an A

Valid - Does the test measure what it is set out to measure? Is everything being controlled?
Reliable - If you repeat the experiment, will you get the same results? Can the results be replicated?
Accurate - Are the results close to the true/expected value?

Thank you!

Well January 2013, it was 49 just for an E, and 56 for a C. 64 was an A:/
It just seems really high compared to all my other subjects where half or just over is a C!
Hey does anyone know where to find Past papers in WORD FORMAT for this unit? My school has blocked the printing of PDFs! I'd be really grateful if anyone could upload past papers in word format or send me a link...thanks!
Original post by Rubyturner94

What do you have to do for question e?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRN-95
What do you have to do for question e?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was the one i was stuck on but now i get it. When hydrochloric acid (HCl) reacts with an alcohol it produces a chloroalkane. So that is where one of the chlorines go. The OH is substitued with a Cl.
Another HCL will react with the double bond in an electrophilic addition reaction. There will be two isomes because the Cl could end up on carbon 2 in the double bond or carbon 3. That is why there is two possible products. Hope i helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was the one i was stuck on but now i get it. When hydrochloric acid (HCl) reacts with an alcohol it produces a chloroalkane. So that is where one of the chlorines go. The OH is substitued with a Cl.
Another HCL will react with the double bond in an electrophilic addition reaction. There will be two isomes because the Cl could end up on carbon 2 in the double bond or carbon 3. That is why there is two possible products. Hope i helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I understand it a bit better now now :biggrin:
but just one question where does the other HCl come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRN-95
Yeah I understand it a bit better now now :biggrin:
but just one question where does the other HCl come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its like the reaction with bromine water. The alkene is placed in HCl or vice versa. Then they react.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its like the reaction with bromine water. The alkene is placed in HCl or vice versa. Then they react.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes sense now thanks :biggrin: btw what year was this paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending