The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by justinawe
Hmm, do you think the reserve papers are the ones international students are sitting for?

I'm an international student, and the "paper numbers" for my maths and physics exams on my statement of entry are all "01R", whereas for economics (for which we do the same paper as UK candidates), the paper number is "01".

I can only imagine the "R" here stands for reserve. though they very well could have a separate reserve paper for UK candidates.

I was wondering that.
Reply 1341
Original post by Arsey
Something similar happened last year with C4. I cannot quite remember but I think C4 papers were accidently put in with papers taken earlier at some centres.

If anything I thought the reserve paper was easier.

If possible could you upload the original C4 paper that was leaked from last year as it would make good practice.
Original post by vgautam
If possible could you upload the original C4 paper that was leaked from last year as it would make good practice.

second'd
Unrelated, but do you know which circle thermos we need to know for C2? I just need the names so I can youtube/google them, thanks!
Original post by Liamnut
Unrelated, but do you know which circle thermos we need to know for C2? I just need the names so I can youtube/google them, thanks!

Perpendicular bisectors

you need to know about chords (basically a line that joins two points on the circumference of a circle)

angle in a semicircle is a right angle

angle between the tangent and a radius is 90degrees

A tangent only meets the circle at one point

Reply 1345
Original post by Arsey
You will be doing the reserve paper. A delivery company 'lost' a box full of Edexcel Maths papers, so the reserves are being used for all remaining exams.

You have got to be joking...
Original post by Arsey
You will be doing the reserve paper. A delivery company 'lost' a box full of Edexcel Maths papers, so the reserves are being used for all remaining exams.

Are you actually being serious? I hope this reserve will be easier than the originally planned one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my god because this is reserve ,i imagine our paper would be harder now as it's the international paper and according to Arsey all the international papers are much harder than the UK standard papers :frown:
Original post by otrivine
Oh my god because this is reserve ,i imagine our paper would be harder now as it's the international paper and according to Arsey all the international papers are much harder than the UK standard papers :frown:

There's no need to panic because if you think through the questions properly and apply the techniques you've been taught then you should be able to get an A, if not higher in this exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
There's no need to panic because if you think through the questions properly and apply the techniques you've been taught then you should be able to get an A, if not higher in this exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do have a good point there!
i did last year's C4 reserve paper after my teacher gave me the original a few weeks ago and i was confused as to why it wasnt the june 2012 paper i have seen before.

I agree with Arsey, it was easier than the actual paper that got rolled out

I will try and scan the questions through.
Original post by nicole.94
i did last year's C4 reserve paper after my teacher gave me the original a few weeks ago and i was confused as to why it wasnt the june 2012 paper i have seen before.

I agree with Arsey, it was easier than the actual paper that got rolled out

I will try and scan the questions through.

Please can you upload the paper? :smile:
Original post by gaffer dean
Please can you upload the paper? :smile:

I havent got a hard PDF copy since he just gave me the paper original which was lying around in the maths office. I will however scan the questions now. He's sent me the PDF mark scheme through school email though so i shall upload that with the paper.
Original post by otrivine

I was just taking a guess, the reserve paper isn't necessarily the international one.
Reply 1354
I havent got a hard PDF copy since he just gave me the paper original which was lying around in the maths office. I will however scan the questions now. He's sent me the PDF mark scheme through school email though so i shall upload that with the paper.

That would be awesome :smile:

Thank you soo much!
Original post by ACBLISS
Aww is someone going to miss maths :p:D

Yeah, the subject that is (even if I hate C3! :tongue:). Relieved I never have to have another lesson though!
hows everything?

thank you :h:
Original post by Arsey

:O again! surprised its not all over BBC yet haha
Reply 1359
Original post by MedMed12
Yeah, the subject that is (even if I hate C3! :tongue:). Relieved I never have to have another lesson though!
hows everything?

ok i guess.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending