The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Can someone help me with stats inequalities? I am so confused like when to change the inequalities sign and when to use 1-

likeX~Po(2.7) find,
P(3<=X<7)
P(3<X<=5)how do you work out this
Original post by suncake
I am truly amazed that you uber maths geniuses managed to not get 100ums in C1, and I did :ahee:

Hah sorry, anywaayyy can someone look at this for me?

1369174080571.jpg

I had a cheeky look at the mark scheme and it uses substitution... I never would've thought to do that. Is there not another way to do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That C1 comment must have angered quite a few people on this thread :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by suncake
I am truly amazed that you uber maths geniuses managed to not get 100ums in C1, and I did :ahee:

Hah sorry, anywaayyy can someone look at this for me?

1369174080571.jpg

I had a cheeky look at the mark scheme and it uses substitution... I never would've thought to do that. Is there not another way to do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pos repped this to try and even out the negs, idk why you got so many for this post :dontknow:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
That C1 comment must of angered quite a few people on this thread :lol:

Why do you repeated use "of" instead of "have"? :lol:
Reply 1844
Does anyone know if there are any worked solutions for S2 edexcel
Also any good websites/ videos that go through S2
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talking about edexcel,

Regarding Maths, if we do not cross out any attempts or cross out everything the examiners really do mark everything and award the highest mark attempt?

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
Haha, it was a good typo!
Neither can !
Just casually reading talks about 100 ums whilst struggling to get even 60 marks after like 20 past papers :ashamed:
^ I just said neither can 'exclamation mark' :L I meant neither can I!

Lol, TSR isn't representative of the population - 60 is an A :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by DJMayes
She got 600/600 in Further...

Retaking C1 after doing all of the harder modules would be a recipe for disaster, I think.

(And you sound just like my teachers. It doesn't what I got on C2 and C3, that C1 result will always haunt me...)

My school's record is 1188 :s-smilie:
Gotta aim high right? :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by joostan

My school's record is 1188 :s-smilie:
Gotta aim high right? :tongue:

Spoiler

Mine is pretty easy in comparison to others. We've only had a few people get 100 UMS, but only in one module and no others, also the record for just Maths is 550/600 and for Further Maths its 535/600 so I don't actually know if its still possible for me to beat all of the records currently held, also no one has ever went from a C at As level in a subject to an A or A* and I want to be the first to do that too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Mine is pretty easy in comparison to others. We've only had a few people get 100 UMS, but only in one module and no others, also the record for just Maths is 550/600 and for Further Maths its 535/600 so I don't actually know if its still possible for me to beat all of the records currently held, also no one has ever went from a C at As level in a subject to an A or A* and I want to be the first to do that too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No in my school has ever done f.maths A2 :dontknow:

I shall aim to beat that record! :lol: losing 50 UMS though?!

New revision technique, do past papers in dreams :awesome:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No in my school has ever done f.maths A2 :dontknow:

I shall aim to beat that record! :lol: losing 50 UMS though?!

New revision technique, do past papers in dreams :awesome:

Really? We only get about 3-4 people after the first year as the rest have been kicked out due their below standard in the As.

Well I've worked out that even if I got 100 in my last 2 exams for it the highest I could get would be around 560/600 :-/

I sometimes sleep on a problem and then answer when I get up in the morning, although I've done no Maths other than mocks for the last week due to this Chemistry exam tomorrow -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? We only get about 3-4 people after the first year as the rest have been kicked out due their below standard in the As.

Well I've worked out that even if I got 100 in my last 2 exams for it the highest I could get would be around 560/600 :-/

I sometimes sleep on a problem and then answer when I get up in the morning, although I've done no Maths other than mocks for the last week due to this Chemistry exam tomorrow -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Further Maths isn't offered here so NOPE!

:eek: so you got 90 average in your others? Individually it sounds much higher :rofl: 550 sounds so much lost... Even though it's over 90%

Good luck!!!
Original post by nyans
Can someone help me with stats inequalities? I am so confused like when to change the inequalities sign and when to use 1-

likeX~Po(2.7) find,
P(3<=X<7)
P(3<X<=5)how do you work out this

Easiest way to do it is to visualize the set of numbers. So if you had a set of n\displaystyle n numbers, then write out {0,1,2,3,4n2,n1,n}\displaystyle \{0, 1, 2, 3, 4 \cdots n-2, n-1, n\} . From there, you can circle the part of the set of numbers which apply to the situation.

So for P(3x<7)\displaystyle P(3 \leq x < 7 ) write out the set of numbers and then circle the numbers which you want. {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7}\displaystyle \{0, 1, 2, \underbrace{3, 4, 5, 6}, 7\} .

This applies if we have a countable number of items in the set, so if you are talking about a normal distribution, it won't apply.
(edited 10 years ago)
Further Maths isn't offered here so NOPE!

:eek: so you got 90 average in your others? Individually it sounds much higher :rofl: 550 sounds so much lost... Even though it's over 90%

Good luck!!!

Fair enough then :tongue:

And well not exactly, here are my scores so far and then you should understand why my username isn't very accurate :-/

Spoiler

Thanks, I'm hoping this is my year now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fair enough then :tongue:

And well not exactly, here are my scores so far and then you should understand why my username isn't very accurate :-/

Spoiler

Thanks, I'm hoping this is my year now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:

Aah, you've improved though :redface: like your STEP and everything... Although I have to say I'm quite happy in that I have a chance of matching you :mmm:

S1 though :colonhash: need to do that ****.

#This year, is gonna be the year, that they're gonna give it (A/A*) to you...#
Has anyone got any good tips for my exam today.... the syllabus covers the majority of C1-3 and bits of C4 ??

Ryan
:yy:

Aah, you've improved though :redface: like your STEP and everything... Although I have to say I'm quite happy in that I have a chance of matching you :mmm:

S1 though :colonhash: need to do that ****.

#This year, is gonna be the year, that they're gonna give it (A/A*) to you...#

I have indeed but it does show that I'm pretty mediocre in comparison on here and S1 was quite a lucky one though, as I've probably already told you this but I was in a car accident the day before and was falling asleep due to the medication they put me on.

Yeah, I'll be making history, for my school anyway :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have indeed but it does show that I'm pretty mediocre in comparison on here and S1 was quite a lucky one though, as I've probably already told you this but I was in a car accident the day before and was falling asleep due to the medication they put me on.

Yeah, I'll be making history, for my school anyway :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember :console: so you got 96 even with that?:rolleyes:

Haha, I shall too :colone: hopefully I can be the first to get an A* in A Level Maths before year 12. (people don't even do it in yr13 so...)

We hold the British Record for youngest to achieve an A* in Business Studies though...

I wish I did History A2 before yr12. The fourth unit is amazing! It's 3 x 40 mark questions!!!!!! :eek3: only put off was the coursework...
I remember :console: so you got 96 even with that?:rolleyes:

Haha, I shall too :colone: hopefully I can be the first to get an A* in A Level Maths before year 12. (people don't even do it in yr13 so...)

We hold the British Record for youngest to achieve an A* in Business Studies though...

I wish I did History A2 before yr12. The fourth unit is amazing! It's 3 x 40 mark questions!!!!!! :eek3: only put off was the coursework...

Yeah, it could've been better though.

Very nice! And we might change our way of how we divide the modules up to do something like that :smile:

Wow, that's bloody impressive! :biggrin:

I couldn't do history past Year 9, it bored me too much :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, it could've been better though.

Very nice! And we might change our way of how we divide the modules up to do something like that :smile:

Wow, that's bloody impressive! :biggrin:

I couldn't do history past Year 9, it bored me too much :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:

:mmm: how so?

She was favoured so much:colonhash:

Aah, I wouldn't have picked it at GCSE, so I'm glad she let me do it in year nine...
Original post by ryanb97
Has anyone got any good tips for my exam today.... the syllabus covers the majority of C1-3 and bits of C4 ??

Ryan

What exam is it?
I suppose that if you've revised so far the important thing is to relax and ensure you read the Qs properly in the exam.

Latest

Trending

Trending