The Student Room Group

AQA History Unit 2R Britain 1959-1975 A sixties social revolution?

Scroll to see replies

If it's about consumerism and liberal society it'll be a GOD SEND. So nervous for this exam.
So people are guessing music and fashion will come up right? What sort of questions will they ask on them because there doesn't seem much content or material surrounding that topic. Also, is there any other ideas of what else will come up?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by MissDolly96
So people are guessing music and fashion will come up right? What sort of questions will they ask on them because there doesn't seem much content or material surrounding that topic. Also, is there any other ideas of what else will come up?

I think if they were asking questions about music and fashion it would be about the new youth culture, possibly radicalisation of youth but probably not. May come under the liberal society I guess!
Reply 23
Uh im dreading it, had to cram
Original post by MissDolly96

Well it's unpredictable but music could be a source or music could be on question 2/3 a for twelve marks like explain why there was a change in fashion in the 1960s?
then you would say youth culture, affluence, science and technology, changing moral attitudes of women...
or they could ask music as a 24 marker
Popular music was a main cultural change of the 1960s in Britain.
explain why you agree/disagree but yh there's not enough content but when put into question there is plenty.
Reply 25
Difference between cultural and social?

And will Labour 64 - 70 // Ted Heath // Trade Unions // Immigration come up?
Reply 26
Has anyone got notes on music and fashion?

I'm scared about this exam! :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by JBB25

I'm scared about this exam! :frown:

And me Im about to vomit everywhere
Reply 28
The youth protests of the 1960s demonstrated that violence had entered society Explain why you agree or disagree.

Erm ok how do you answer that !!
I'm ****ting myself for this exam.
Original post by Xx4L3x
The youth protests of the 1960s demonstrated that violence had entered society Explain why you agree or disagree.

Erm ok how do you answer that !!

So yes agree youth protests were violent in Britain ie the battle of Grosvenor square march 1968 where 25,000 fought street battles with police and here were a handful of injuries use the (past exam question on students that's come up before) and the negative view on youth culture :smile: argue not much violence eg. Brighton beach Whitsun 64 and aldermaston marches for CND were peaceful!!
Reply 31
How did fashion affect everyone? :s how did it not ? Statistics?
Reply 32
Ok wow good luck guys hope it's an ok paper, all my AQA exams so far have been ok and unit 1 history was not too bad either, but yeah good luck !!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
okay so I've hardly had a teacher all year and have focused more on unit 1, I get how to answer the essays and all that jazz, but I was under the presumption that both part a and b had sources?! could someone just clear it up for me (it will be very interesting without sources as I know pretty much nothing hahah yay🔫
Original post by slutella
okay so I've hardly had a teacher all year and have focused more on unit 1, I get how to answer the essays and all that jazz, but I was under the presumption that both part a and b had sources?! could someone just clear it up for me (it will be very interesting without sources as I know pretty much nothing hahah yay🔫

One compulsory source question and then a choice from 2 non source questions.
Reply 35
Not prepared at all! I've made notes on section 3 (Changed in culture and society in 60s) of the book and section 4 (the government and modernisation of society, 1964-75)
Is that enough??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AGKhan
Not prepared at all! I've made notes on section 3 (Changed in culture and society in 60s) of the book and section 4 (the government and modernisation of society, 1964-75)
Is that enough??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to have a general knowledge of the whole book really.
Reply 37
Best of luck to everyone today
Reply 38
Omg how was it guys !!!!
Source question was a bitch. Which other question did you guys do? I did 3 and 4.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending