The Student Room Group

As physics edexcel unit 1

guys how was your physics unit 1 exam. does anyone has the model answers.
my xam was devastating.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i done mine too! defo the hardest unit 1 paper i ever done. unit 2 better be a walk in the park
Original post by shourov
guys how was your physics unit 1 exam. does anyone has the model answers.
my xam was devastating.

it was soooo hard :'( really hope the grade boundaries are low....yeah any unofficial mark schemes yet?
Reply 3
do you have any exams tommorow
Reply 4
hey im a new member to the student room!
anyway.... I did this exam today and it was honestly one of the hardest exams ever...
btw am i allowed to share some of the answers i got or is that not allowed? :confused:
Reply 5
We should make a separate thread for discussing the exam. But yeah, this was the hardest unit 1 paper of the lot. Anyone who thought it was easy is quite simply the next Einstein. Overall, it was a difficult and horrible paper :frown:
Reply 6
I did the paper in Jan, got a C, so decided to retake it. IT DIDNT HELP!
I think im gonna get worse marks this time! :frown:
How many marks do you guys think it will be for an A? Raw marks
Original post by alikorkmazrt
How many marks do you guys think it will be for an A? Raw marks

Probably 51
Reply 9
The paper was horrible. I went through the Jan 2013 one and I thought that was hard... It was nothing compared to this. :frown:
IT was beyond tragic. Time constraints were an issue for me. But let's face it; I wouldn't have been able to answer most of those questions even if I had time! So yes overall, very disappointing.
Original post by Aerosports
Probably 51

Do you think this paper was as hard as 2013 Jan one? That was 52 for an A
Original post by madaboutmambo
IT was beyond tragic. Time constraints were an issue for me. But let's face it; I wouldn't have been able to answer most of those questions even if I had time! So yes overall, very disappointing.

For me it was that i know some answers but the time constraint for visualising and calculate to far too small
Original post by alikorkmazrt
Do you think this paper was as hard as 2013 Jan one? That was 52 for an A

Nope but maybe some others found it easy so I am guess They will drive up the grade boundaries
Reply 14
Guys the test was ridiculously easy. But it was not Physics. I'm refering to the exercise with CO2. I bet the boundaries for an A will be over 60 :eek:
Original post by gideonv
hey im a new member to the student room!
anyway.... I did this exam today and it was honestly one of the hardest exams ever...
btw am i allowed to share some of the answers i got or is that not allowed? :confused:

ikr it was a horrible paper :/ yeah you can share your answers :smile:
Original post by Alexsk
Guys the test was ridiculously easy. But it was not Physics. I'm refering to the exercise with CO2. I bet the boundaries for an A will be over 60 :eek:

it was not ridiculously easy!?!?! compared to all the past papers it was definitely the hardest!! the multiple style questions were simple but the explanation question were quite vague...how did you do the question asking to calculate the extra co2 emissions produced it 10 minutes? the grade boundaries have never been above 60....that's highly unlikely...
Reply 17
I dont think its gonna be any different from tge usual, i did the paper and it didnt feel like physics lol, but overall im so sure edexcel wont make the boundaries too low, something reasonable hopefully, i did the jan 2013 and i got a u, and now god knows. ? The paper was just too long for an hr and 30 min, the pattern is changing now, so lets just pray for the best!! If u guys fine the ms plz post it here. ?. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Alexsk

what did u get for the CO2 emission?
Reply 19
I don't really remember what was the answer. But you had to calculate the distance which was equal to 3km for the low speed due to the bicycle. Then, find on the graph the CO2 emission for that speed and multiply this by 3000m. Then you had to multiply this result by three(cars). After this, you did the same with as if the cars had their normal speeds. Then, find the CO2 emission for that speed and multiply again by 3000m (or 3km I don't remember the units of CO2)and again multiply by three (cars). Then you had to subtract the two values to find the extra CO2. Guys I found difficult the exercise with the accelerometer and the last answer with the two balls. Share please your answers!!!:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending