The Student Room Group

AQA Accounting Unit 2 - 22nd May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Jan 13, Question 4d
Anyone know why they deducted 25000 from the share premium column and 37500 from the revaluation reserve column?
Can't seem to figure it out

And also where they got that figure '37500'

ANYONE? HELP!!! :/
Original post by Vampstar
Jan 13, Question 4d
Anyone know why they deducted 25000 from the share premium column and 37500 from the revaluation reserve column?
Can't seem to figure it out

And also where they got that figure '37500'

ANYONE? HELP!!! :/

Because you have created a bonus issue were you essentially are giving free shares to shareholders, you have to use your reserves to fund it. In this case the £62500 worth of shares.

Usually you want to use your capital reserves first as there few uses for it, which cannot be to fund the payment of dividends
Reply 122
Original post by gunner4life95
Because you have created a bonus issue were you essentially are giving free shares to shareholders, you have to use your reserves to fund it. In this case the £62500 worth of shares.

Usually you want to use your capital reserves first as there few uses for it, which cannot be to fund the payment of dividends

So what did they do to get (37500)

62500 - 25000 = 37500 which they took away from 150,000?
So what did they do to get (37500)

62500 - 25000 = 37500 which they took away from 150,000?

Yh the calculation is right. You usually use share premium first, then revaluation reserve. So as you only have £25000 of share premium you have to use your revaluation reserve to fund the £37500(62500 - 25000) needed.
Reply 124
Original post by gunner4life95
Yh the calculation is right. You usually use share premium first, then revaluation reserve. So as you only have £25000 of share premium you have to use your revaluation reserve to fund the £37500(62500 - 25000) needed.

Thanks very much for the help! :smile:
Thanks very much for the help! :smile:

Yh feel free to ask any more questions.
Reply 126
Original post by Mase123
Anna, Thank you now I understand it. :smile:

Are you ding the exam tomorrow and also do you find the shares part difficult as I am seem to find that bit very difficult. Do you know any possible ways to work out the shares bit. I have looked at the mark schemes but they seem to be very different when I compare each paper with the previous years but the similar questions on shares seem to differ in terms of calculations. By the way I am self studying so the book fails to mention these and clearly I cannot seek a teacher for help. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The first step is calculating the number of old shares by using figures from ordinary shares divide by the cost of share.

The second step is adding the number of new shares .

Then , take the total of new shares time cost of share so you will have new ordinary shares .
Original post by Tenioloks
6250x50= 312000
312000 divided by 5 = 62500

Where you get 5 from
Reply 128
Some of those adjustments..... Ayayayayayahhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was mad!!!!! :/ question 3 :/
The mobile phone one :/
Reply 131
Both unit 1 and 2 have been solid this year. Lower grade boundaries hopefully though
Original post by SamSamoon
Both unit 1 and 2 have been solid this year. Lower grade boundaries hopefully though

Yh i hope so to
Anyone get £135,740 for the last question??
Did everyone realise that the debenture interest didn't need to be included because it said it will be paid yearly starting that year but not until October?
How was the paper guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katiemurrall
Did everyone realise that the debenture interest didn't need to be included because it said it will be paid yearly starting that year but not until October?

Nooo it was yearly from 2012!
Reply 137
Original post by tom_elsey

Starting October bruv..... Happened to me too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
Was the bank balance question a continuing from the phone question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tom_elsey

It said it was starting in october though, and the income statement was dated april?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending