The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JRN-95
That makes sense now thanks :biggrin: btw what year was this paper ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome. Not sure you do the same exam board. But its OCR B salter. Jan 2012.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rubyturner94
Your welcome. Not sure you do the same exam board. But its OCR B salter. Jan 2012.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I do edexcel which are horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 262
Guys, do you need to know the details for the stages of Meiosis? Because the red SNAB book says you don't :erm:

EDIT: The spec also seems to comply with this; weird as in our school they taught us it even though we're taught the SNAB approach...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
January 2013 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Branny101
Guys, do you need to know the details for the stages of Meiosis? Because the red SNAB book says you don't :erm:

EDIT: The spec also seems to comply with this; weird as in our school they taught us it even though we're taught the SNAB approach...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the stages are similar to that of mitosis, but you need to know about crossing over/independant assortment.

If I'm honest, there's no harm in knowing the basics, such as interphase, mitosis I, mitosis II

January 2013 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Well the stages are similar to that of mitosis, but you need to know about crossing over/independant assortment.

If I'm honest, there's no harm in knowing the basics, such as interphase, mitosis I, mitosis II

Thank you BobK :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile: I'll upload the mark scheme asap
Reply 267

That's true, I just get muddled up sometimes =\

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

6BI02_01_rms_20130307.pdf

That's true, I just get muddled up sometimes =\

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, just remember meisosi undergoes mitosis twice, and interphase once only.. if you find it hard to remember, then don't worry too much about it
Reply 269
6BI02_01_rms_20130307.pdf

Fair enough, just remember meisosi undergoes mitosis twice, and interphase once only.. if you find it hard to remember, then don't worry too much about it

Okay, will do!

Oh and also, reading through Assassin's notes when talking about transpiration "water tension" was used - that's old spec. right?

BTW thanks for your help :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, will do!

Oh and also, reading through Assassin's notes when talking about transpiration "water tension" was used - that's old spec. right?

BTW thanks for your help :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe it is old spec stuff, I haven't personally seen it in any of my textbooks
Reply 271
I believe it is old spec stuff, I haven't personally seen it in any of my textbooks

Awesome. :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, it's just that my teacher taught this stuff and I wasn't really sure (nor was anyone on this thread) if it would be necessary to learn or not, so I just put it in anyways. It's probably on the old spec though.
Reply 273
Original post by The Assassin
Yes, it's just that my teacher taught this stuff and I wasn't really sure (nor was anyone on this thread) if it would be necessary to learn or not, so I just put it in anyways. It's probably on the old spec though.

Ahhh okay, for us its probably more about the difference in pressure from the roots and the leaves, right?

Aaaand adhesion, Cohesion etcetera...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Just read through the june 2012 paper it is horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have anytips for answering question like "give one piece of evidence that supports the statement"...."give one piece pf evidence that is against it"
They always seem to come up :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you think the paper will be as hard as unit 1?
Does anyone have anytips for answering question like "give one piece of evidence that supports the statement"...."give one piece pf evidence that is against it"
They always seem to come up :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'd usually give you data. You'll just have to think about it like an idiot/fool (no offence intended to anyone) and look for obvious pieces of data that could be used to support the statement. Sometimes, it is really obvious you won't think to think about it

Original post by stardust_gal
do you think the paper will be as hard as unit 1?

Hoping it won't, preparing for the worst though
I heard the unit 1 exam was really hard, hope its not hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard the unit 1 exam was really hard, hope its not hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was absolutely disgusting! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending