The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:console:

:mmm: how so?

She was favoured so much:colonhash:

Aah, I wouldn't have picked it at GCSE, so I'm glad she let me do it in year nine...

Not sure, I just know there are talks about it changing to do the whole A level in one year and so on.

That's fair enough then and very impressive of her!

Just show everyone what you're made of and I need to get back to my Chemistry now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Not sure, I just know there are talks about it changing to do the whole A level in one year and so on.

That's fair enough then and very impressive of her!

Just show everyone what you're made of and I need to get back to my Chemistry now :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah I see!

:unimpressed:

I shall, have fun with it :yy:
Original post by reubenkinara
What exam is it?
I suppose that if you've revised so far the important thing is to relax and ensure you read the Qs properly in the exam.

its this - http://www.edexcel.com/quals/igcse/igcse09/maths/mathsc/Pages/default.aspx

im thinking that... and to try and recheck all my answers ... but i feel unprepared for this exam .. compared to C1,C2,M1

right ne ive got butterflies :colondollar:

ryan
Reply 1863
Original post by joostan
Lol, TSR isn't representative of the population - 60 is an A :smile:

Spoiler

True :P haha yup and I would class myself of being behind in maths, for someone reason I hadn't done anything in core1 in my gcse but everyone else had :s

No in my school has ever done f.maths A2 :dontknow:

I shall aim to beat that record! :lol: losing 50 UMS though?!

New revision technique, do past papers in dreams :awesome:

Haha, when I get bothered too much I'll wake up and do it or I cant sleep! I would love to do them in my dreams I shall try tonight :lol:
Mine is pretty easy in comparison to others. We've only had a few people get 100 UMS, but only in one module and no others, also the record for just Maths is 550/600 and for Further Maths its 535/600 so I don't actually know if its still possible for me to beat all of the records currently held, also no one has ever went from a C at As level in a subject to an A or A* and I want to be the first to do that too! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll beat that I'm sure - looking at your module scores it can be done :tongue:
Original post by tigerz
True :P haha yup and I would class myself of being behind in maths, for someone reason I hadn't done anything in core1 in my gcse but everyone else had :s

Ahh I had Ad Maths, it gives you a head start, still, you'll get an A :smile:
Original post by tigerz

Haha, when I get bothered too much I'll wake up and do it or I cant sleep! I would love to do them in my dreams I shall try tonight :lol:

Let me know how you get on:wink:
Original post by joostan
You'll beat that I'm sure - looking at your module scores it can be done :tongue:

Yeah I know it can be done, just seems quite unlikely as it means basically getting 100's in all the exams which I have a tendency to make some really idiotic mistakes! Just need to be careful I suppose :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aah I see!

:unimpressed:

I shall, have fun with it :yy:

This Chemistry is draining the life out of me!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1869
Original post by joostan
Ahh I had Ad Maths, it gives you a head start, still, you'll get an A :smile:

Ahh I did edexcel but in year 10 so I think I had the old easy spec, so everyone that did it 'in time' probably learnt new things (I remember them complaining)

Yup hopefully :crossedf: If I can get an A in maths, econ and chem i'm sorted anyways! :biggrin:

Let me know how you get on:wink:

Lool, will do! :biggrin: I shall then share my secret techniques
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, that's a shame ;( I did disastrously in my mock.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm... I don't have a *solution* :mmm:
Reply 1872
Original post by Scientific Eye
Easiest way to do it is to visualize the set of numbers. So if you had a set of n\displaystyle n numbers, then write out {0,1,2,3,4n2,n1,n}\displaystyle \{0, 1, 2, 3, 4 \cdots n-2, n-1, n\} . From there, you can circle the part of the set of numbers which apply to the situation.

So for P(3x<7)\displaystyle P(3 \leq x < 7 ) write out the set of numbers and then circle the numbers which you want. {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7}\displaystyle \{0, 1, 2, \underbrace{3, 4, 5, 6}, 7\} .

This applies if we have a countable number of items in the set, so if you are talking about a normal distribution, it won't apply.

Oh yes i got that part. the one i dont understand is doing poisson with using the formula like when you cant use poisson tables. I can calculate when using the table butbmake mistakes with formula.

X~Po(3.6) Find,
P(3<X<=6)
p(X<2)
Yeah I know it can be done, just seems quite unlikely as it means basically getting 100's in all the exams which I have a tendency to make some really idiotic mistakes! Just need to be careful I suppose :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah - but you've got an offer from Warwick right?
They don't just take anybody :tongue:

Original post by tigerz
Ahh I did edexcel but in year 10 so I think I had the old easy spec, so everyone that did it 'in time' probably learnt new things (I remember them complaining)

Yup hopefully :crossedf: If I can get an A in maths, econ and chem i'm sorted anyways! :biggrin:

Confident huh? That's the spirit :cookie:
Reply 1874
Original post by joostan

Confident huh? That's the spirit :cookie:

Haha yup! I was actually eating a cookie whilst eating this :woo:

I'll get an A in maths, High B in economics, and chemistry...well i'm gonna start revising that from Saturday :s
Original post by tigerz
Haha yup! I was actually eating a cookie whilst eating this :woo:

I'll get an A in maths, High B in economics, and chemistry...well i'm gonna start revising that from Saturday :s

:lol: I'm psychic :wink:
Which exam board are you on for chem? I've got mine tomorrow :s-smilie:
Reply 1876
Original post by joostan
:lol: I'm psychic :wink:
Which exam board are you on for chem? I've got mine tomorrow :s-smilie:

Yup yup, send me some powers! OCR mines on the 4th of June but this exams worth half my AS, I can get an A overall if I get 129/150 in ums

Awwh good luck!! You'll be fine :biggrin:
Reply 1877
Original post by Tplox
Does anyone know if there are any worked solutions for S2 edexcel
Also any good websites/ videos that go through S2
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Examsolution have some ques paper solution and also the chapters but ithink he hasn't done sampling.
Original post by tigerz
Yup yup, send me some powers! OCR mines on the 4th of June but this exams worth half my AS, I can get an A overall if I get 129/150 in ums

Awwh good luck!! You'll be fine :biggrin:

Cheers :biggrin:
AQA is an effort :colone: But unit 1 is a bit of a joke :lol:
Original post by reubenkinara
Oh, that's a shame ;( I did disastrously in my mock.

I got a C, need an A :-|

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending