The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bullettheory
Anyone I can PM? May be a bit triggering, so only offer if you are in an okay place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might be a bit late, but go for it. I assume as you're a mod, you can see my username?
Reply 1141
Gah. I don't know if I'm going to be able to stay awake for my doctors appointment as it's at 3:40pm and I've been up since 10pm. Also I've started with a bad stomach this morning. Never rains but it pours. :frown:
well, that was inevitable, having spent the last 3 hours feeling awful and fleming up, just thrown up, A LOT.

yay :frown:

urgh, badly need meds or something cause I am really not doing good at all right now :frown:
Original post by SciFiRory
well, that was inevitable, having spent the last 3 hours feeling awful and fleming up, just thrown up, A LOT.

yay :frown:

urgh, badly need meds or something cause I am really not doing good at all right now :frown:

:jumphug: youll get yourmeds today babe :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadpanda123
What a rubbish reaction:frown: Not very helpful for you, must feel like you're being ignored. Maybe she's a bit like me and because she feels uncomfortable about it or doesn't know what to say would rather bury her head in the sand:s-smilie:

:grouphugs: Hugs for everyone that feels rubbish tonight, I know I'm needing one

Yeah it really winds me up she thinks it's fine to offload her problems on to me but not vice versa... the even more annoying thing is that she has suffered from depression herself! When I first had depression when I was 15 (5 years ago) she was fine, actually on the verge of helpful, however now she just couldn't care less. It's just like she's fed up or bored with me having depression so can't be bothered with me.

i hope you're ok!

----------------------------

got a GP appointment at 10.20 today to get my prescription prescribed, so got a letter from my psychiatrist to take... which is addressed to my GP however I'm seeing a different GP because mine isn't there today...... soooo this different GP better not be awkward about the fact it's not addressed to him or I will be kicking some doctor ass today...................
back on meds after like 6 months..... hopefully these will actually work unlike all the others......
(edited 10 years ago)
Worst.Sleep.Ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't sleep. Feel really lethargic and dead. Urghhhhhhhhhhhhh I thought I was getting better too, damn :frown:
Possible ed stuff

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Possible ed stuff

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Reply 1151
Original post by PonchoKid
Possible ed stuff

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're underweight or borderline, it's definitely important to get your daily quota of calories. If not, tbh this sounds a lot more like depression or anxiety related appetite loss than an ED. I have found with that that focusing on food makes me less and less hungry (if you're already not feeling like food, thinking about it just makes it worse and worse). I'd recommend just not overthinking. Eat some cereal or something easy when you can, but don't obsess over whether or not you are hungry or eating enough because it'll probably just make it worse. Unless your weight is low already skipping a meal now and then is unlikely to be dangerous, and you might find it easier the less pressure you put on yourself - I know I do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay so my mum thinks my vomiting isnt due to my AD's but might be some kind of bug or something :s-smilie:

which makes sense cause online it doesnt say vomiting is a side effect of withdrawl or not taking my meds.

means I can't do anything to feel better but drink water and hope I stop being sick :frown:
Reply 1153
okay so my mum thinks my vomiting isnt due to my AD's but might be some kind of bug or something :s-smilie:

which makes sense cause online it doesnt say vomiting is a side effect of withdrawl or not taking my meds.

means I can't do anything to feel better but drink water and hope I stop being sick :frown:

I think you can vomit from discontinuation if it makes you dizzy enough, I definitely did when I was coming off citalopram. You're on venlafaxine right? I think that's known to have particularly horrible discontinuation... I know I start feeling dizzy and sick if I'm even 3 hours late on a dose. Hope you're feeling much better soon either way. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
I think you can vomit from discontinuation if it makes you dizzy enough, I definitely did when I was coming off citalopram. You're on venlafaxine right? I think that's known to have particularly horrible discontinuation... I know I start feeling dizzy and sick if I'm even 3 hours late on a dose. Hope you're feeling much better soon either way. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not sure, my mum thinks it might be like a vomiting thing but I've been sick from nausea/dizziness before so it could just be the meds, my mums getting my new perscription today and shes gonna drop me that and some anti-sickness meds tonight, just have to get through till then, feeling really queasy and dry wretching though :s-smilie:

hate being ill as well so this isn't good for my mood at all :frown: just want to feel better so I can rest or something!
Reply 1155
My friend is back in hospital again. I've been out of signal for a day and found out today. She went in on Sunday but I thought it was just a checkup. But apparently she is dangerously close to death now. Nothing matters any more. She needs to fight and have all the support. Not me. I really hope she is ok
Reply 1156
im not sure, my mum thinks it might be like a vomiting thing but I've been sick from nausea/dizziness before so it could just be the meds, my mums getting my new perscription today and shes gonna drop me that and some anti-sickness meds tonight, just have to get through till then, feeling really queasy and dry wretching though :s-smilie:

hate being ill as well so this isn't good for my mood at all :frown: just want to feel better so I can rest or something!

:hugs: Make sure you keep drinking water (not too much at once) and maybe have crackers or dry toast or something if you feel like you can stomach it. Hope it passes quickly.

Original post by HmMusic
My friend is back in hospital again. I've been out of signal for a day and found out today. She went in on Sunday but I thought it was just a checkup. But apparently she is dangerously close to death now. Nothing matters any more. She needs to fight and have all the support. Not me. I really hope she is ok

:jumphug: :jumphug: I'm so sorry to hear that. PM me if you need to talk or anything, and I can come on Skype. Will probably be around later either way. :hugs:
Does everyone experience sexual side effects from SSRIs? (certain SSRIs do not cause them though) Is it possible for the sexual side effects to subside whilst you're on them? or do you have to stop taking them?

I've read some very scary things about sexual side effects (becoming permanent even after treatment is stopped) and I'm getting extremely worried about it :s-smilie:.

I do feel better on them but if the above is true then it's not worth ruining your entire life... (not that I was doing great before- obviously - but I was at least satisfied with myself on that particular area)
Original post by Cornelius
Does everyone experience sexual side effects from SSRIs? (certain SSRIs do not cause them though) Is it possible for the sexual side effects to subside whilst you're on them? or do you have to stop taking them?

I've read some very scary things about sexual side effects (becoming permanent even after treatment is stopped) and I'm getting extremely worried about it :s-smilie:.

I do feel better on them but if the above is true then it's not worth ruining your entire life... (not that I was doing great before- obviously - but I was at least satisfied with myself on that particular area)

I've just started them but haven't noticed anything. Then again I am a girl, so it might be different for genders.

This is one of the things that really put me off SSRIs for ages, didn't want to improve one aspect of my life and kill another. Which one are you on?
Reply 1159
Jesus Christ.
If you were a cleaner and you walked in on somebody who was only half dressed (talking underwear only here peeps, technically not even half) and consequently hiding behind their wardrobe door, would you:

a) apologise and say you'd come back later, making sure to lock the door behind you

or

b) talk to the person for at least 5 minutes and try to get them to describe which bits of the kitchen have their food in, and which bits have leftover stuff from people who have left?

Personally I'd be a solid a) every time. But not my cleaner, nope.

Latest