The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maaliyah
Does anyone have sample responses for the poetry cluster?

my 1st post : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42718490#post42718490

Original post by ThatGirlx
Thanks - Good luck for tomorrow:biggrin:

thanks.. i think i will need it :biggrin:

:biggrin:

how do you think you did in unit 1 ... on monday?

ryan
What poems are most likely to appear for relationships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryanb97
there is a reviosn guide and links to several videos on my post here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42718490#post42718490

we are talking about what may come up in conflict
i think it will be OOTB and Hawk roosting

I really do hope Out of the Blue comes up as it's a great poem and I have lots to say about it, however personally I think the ones that you've mentioned will be the Foundation Tier poems. I think that The Yellow Palm and Come on Come Back are due to come up.
Original post by Olympiad
What poems are most likely to appear for relationships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sonnet 116, To His Coy Mistress, Ghazal and Born Yesterday.
hi guys for the conflict cluster what poems are said to never appear in higher as i have a heard a few people state that a few poems will not show up im the higher paper

thanks and good luck to you all
Original post by hasnain123
hi guys for the conflict cluster what poems are said to never appear in higher as i have a heard a few people state that a few poems will not show up im the higher paper

thanks and good luck to you all

1st post :http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42718490#post42718490
Original post by iceangel8
Sonnet 116, To His Coy Mistress, Ghazal and Born Yesterday.

Is that the only ones which haven't come yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that the only ones which haven't come yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. And Sister Maude, Brothers and In Paris With You can never come up as they are foundation and are never named in higher. Obviously you can compare them to a named poem but if you take these three into account and all the ones that have come up previously, the four I mentioned are the only ones left. :smile:
Original post by fbrep2012
what did A-A* candidates write about Eric in "An Inspector Calls"

I talked about how the violent language he uses shows he know what he did wrong, and I talked about how he's symbolic of everyone who have sinned, but can still redeem themselves by helping the lower classes, and of the youth who have the power to change the mistakes of the previous generations :smile:
Original post by iceangel8
Yes. And Sister Maude, Brothers and In Paris With You can never come up as they are foundation and are never named in higher. Obviously you can compare them to a named poem but if you take these three into account and all the ones that have come up previously, the four I mentioned are the only ones left. :smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2411
Why is everyone saying 'Give' won't come up for Character and Voice? It's never been named before?
What would you compare sonnet 116 to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369220872.875831.jpg sonnet 116 in a nutshell, not really helpful if your aiming for an a/a* - I am :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What would you compare sonnet 116 to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh you can compare any poems from the cluster :wink:
Original post by Elm Tree
Tbh you can compare any poems from the cluster :wink:

True!

I hope sonnet 116 comes up so I can compare it to sonnet 43 (also handy because then I don't nee to keep changing the page :wink: )
& I also need to revise bigyolo today

Posted from TSR Mobile
True!

I hope sonnet 116 comes up so I can compare it to sonnet 43 (also handy because then I don't nee to keep changing the page :wink: )
& I also need to revise bigyolo today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever poem comes up I'm just going to compare it to Praise song for my Mother.. got so much to say about that poem:cool:

Spoiler

#protip - Alternative interpretations will get you the higher grades :yep:

All I'm revising is Physics and Lit :yawn:
Original post by Elm Tree
Whatever poem comes up I'm just going to compare it to Praise song for my Mother.. got so much to say about that poem:cool:

Spoiler

#protip - Alternative interpretations will get you the higher grades :yep:

All I'm revising is Physics and Lit :yawn:

woopwoop, yeah I keep thinking of alternative points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by junaid97
all the other poems have already come up and In Paris With You, Brothers and Sister Maude are only for the foundation paper.

That's complete rubbish!!! It can be over any of them!
Original post by Jess_Hills
That's complete rubbish!!! It can be over any of them!

No, the exam board have said poems which are only for the foundation tier. Look at the OP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest