The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah, I thought the same thing and I'm hoping it will be, but I'm prone to making really daft mistakes, like all the time! If I stopped them I'd easily get the A grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're not pushed for time literally go at a snail's pace it worked for me in C2 :lol:
Original post by tigerz
Ahh I see! I just need to stop making silly mistakes, after my mock my teacher was like: You have A grade knowledge, you work out the right answer then cross it out and write randomness LOL!

I do that all the time :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
My god, I'd look incredibly stupid at your college then in comparison! And there is always a first for everything :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I somehow doubt that would still break a record.

My college has had an IMO gold medallist before...
Original post by justinawe
I somehow doubt that would still break a record.

My college has had an IMO gold medallist before...

OH MY GOD! Maybe 1800/1800? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joostan
If you're not pushed for time literally go at a snail's pace it worked for me in C2 :lol:

Well I tend to have about 15 minutes left at the end, so I'll use that to check it all through once over and do a little checklist in my head, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1904
Original post by joostan

I do that all the time :lol:

haha yup :P Its a sign of 'geniusness' :albertein:

LOL my college seems bad, I think we've had like a handful of people get an A* in maths, thats it :s
Original post by tigerz

YUP, good luck! :smile: You'll be fine

Thanks, I'm ready for this exam now! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I tend to have about 15 minutes left at the end, so I'll use that to check it all through once over and do a little checklist in my head, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: Well, good luck with Chem :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by tigerz
haha yup :P Its a sign of 'geniusness' :albertein:

I'll take that :tongue:
Original post by tigerz
LOL my college seems bad, I think we've had like a handful of people get an A* in maths, thats it :s

Well, you should aspire to be one of them :smile:
OH MY GOD! Maybe 1800/1800? :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't get 1800/1800 already :lol: I've done 4 modules for maths (5 incl. FP1) and dropped 10 UMS already... 1790/1800 maybe :colone:

Though I definitely wouldn't count on all of the 13 maths modules I have remaining going perfectly!
I can't get 1800/1800 already :lol: I've done 4 modules for maths (5 incl. FP1) and dropped 10 UMS already... 1790/1800 maybe :colone:

Though I definitely wouldn't count on all of the 13 maths modules I have remaining going perfectly!

I've sat 2 and dropped 19 UMS :colonhash:

Be grateful
Original post by joostan
:lol: Well, good luck with Chem :smile:

Spoiler

Thanks and yeah, I took it slightly off topic but I won't talk about it any further, so the Maths can begin again, I just needed some advice and motivation and everyone has now gave me that :biggrin:

I'll be back on here tomorrow night willing to help out anyone with a Maths problem and maybe have some hard core questions set to test myself? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could always resit, if you really wanted it but that seems quite pointless as my first 5 exams I probably dropped 5 times your amount!

Are you kidding me, the rest of your modules are a piece of cake, anyone could get 100 UMS in them :wink:

Edit: Just incase anyone couldn't realise I was just joking as I know how hard they are in comparison.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks and yeah, I took it slightly off topic but I won't talk about it any further, so the Maths can begin again, I just needed some advice and motivation and everyone has now gave me that :biggrin:

Lol, I was only teasing.
I'll be back on here tomorrow night willing to help out anyone with a Maths problem and maybe have some hard core questions set to test myself? :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure matters can be arranged to your satisfaction . . .:eyeball:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I've sat 2 and dropped 19 UMS :colonhash:

Be grateful

I still have no idea how I didn't get 100 for C1, and C3 I somehow wasted enough time that I couldn't to the last part of the final question... worth like 4 raw marks :colonhash: 5 more mins and I would have got 100, even 3/4 marks in that question would have given me 100 UMS! (because that paper was 74/75 for full UMS)

I'm ungrateful (:lol:) tbh, I should have done better.
Reply 1914
Original post by joostan
I'll take that :tongue:

Well, you should aspire to be one of them :smile:

Haha ofc, yeah I will try getting an A* in C3 and C4, should be possible with you guys around *absorbs knowledge*
If I get an A* in Maths I can relax even if I get a B in chem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOOP! yeah if anyone has difficult c2 questions send 'em over :smile: I have a feeling Fri will be a hard paper because its been easy so far! Only one that gave me difficulty was Jan 10
Original post by joostan
Lol, I was only teasing.

I'm sure matters can be arranged to your satisfaction . . .:eyeball:

I'm looking forward to any questions given as I haven't done any Maths in about 3 days now :-/ Just nothing past STEP level really and I'd prefer them to be on calculus, trig, C4-3 content or even a projectile question. These seem to be my stronger areas with DE's just slightly behind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could always resit, if you really wanted it but that seems quite pointless as my first 5 exams I probably dropped 5 times your amount!

Are you kidding me, the rest of your modules are a piece of cake, anyone could get 100 UMS in them :wink:

Edit: Just incase anyone couldn't realise I was just joking as I know how hard they are in comparison.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:

I've got better things to do than resit just for the novelty of 100 UMS in all modules! I mean, the only one it really matters to is me, and if I got it by resitting it just wouldn't feel the same... like I didn't deserve it :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
:lol:

I've got better things to do than resit just for the novelty of 100 UMS in all modules! I mean, the only one is really matters to is me, and if I got it by resitting it just wouldn't feel the same... like I didn't deserve it :redface:

That's fair enough and yeah, I'd be shocked if anyone with your marks decided to resit just to get all the 100's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
Haha ofc, yeah I will try getting an A* in C3 and C4, should be possible with you guys around *absorbs knowledge*
If I get an A* in Maths I can relax even if I get a B in chem!

WOOP! yeah if anyone has difficult c2 questions send 'em over :smile: I have a feeling Fri will be a hard paper because its been easy so far! Only one that gave me difficulty was Jan 10

Haha :smile:
Here's a nice logs question.
Show that the solution for x in the equation.
6x=5×9x6^x = 5 \times 9^x
Can be written as x=log3(5)log3(2)1x=\dfrac{\log_3(5)}{\log_3(2)-1}
I'm looking forward to any questions given as I haven't done any Maths in about 3 days now :-/ Just nothing past STEP level really and I'd prefer them to be on calculus, trig, C4-3 content or even a projectile question. These seem to be my stronger areas with DE's just slightly behind :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, I love a good DE, I'll see if I can dig something up :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending