The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by born2bewild22
what does 'bestellen' actually mean? and what did Florian actually do as soon as he heard about the offer? so sonfused on that question

I said he went and bought 3 but not sure...
Reply 41
Original post by motored'
i think that the solutions were that;
1.) they gave out presents worth 100 euros as compensation
2.) they gave out lottery tickets where someone could win 50 laptops
sorry:frown:

Im pretty sure it was a raffle with 50 laptops on offer, a ticket for someone to win 50 laptops wouldn't make sense? It's unrealistc
Reply 42
Original post by sneakbo2
Im pretty sure it was a raffle with 50 laptops on offer, a ticket for someone to win 50 laptops wouldn't make sense? It's unrealistc

I didn't put a raffle but I put a competition for 50 winners of a laptop I think.
Reply 43
Original post by Sherishou
What did you guys write for the mechanics one?

-> He didn't give the keys back; think I said True
-> She rang up and complained; I said False (think she rang the police, not the company, not sure)
-> The neighbours knew where the car was all along; True
-> The car was packed at the wrong garage; True

tell me what you guys said

i said
-> He didn't give the keys back; not in text
-> She rang up and complained; false
Reply 44
Original post by motored'
i think that the solutions were that;
1.) they gave out presents worth 100 euros as compensation
2.) they gave out lottery tickets where someone could win 50 laptops
sorry:frown:

I said basicallt that...

i said they gave out presents worth up to 100€
people mat enter a lottery and win 50 laptops
Original post by RachelBx
i said
-> He didn't give the keys back; not in text
-> She rang up and complained; false

Hi,
He did leave the keys back as it said she found the keys, he left them for her. I said not in text for she rang up and complained because she contacted the police but we weren't told if she complained to the company.
The neighbour didn't know it was in the garage because it said 'er war überrascht' (he was surprised) and the car was in the wrong garage.
Also he wanted to rent out his garage

Yeah 'bestellen' means to order so I think he ordered three
Actually I think 'he left the keys' was not in text, not sure.
I stupid translated "Geschenk in dem Wert" as gift card, even though my initial reaction was that it couldn't possibly have been. It was 'gifts to the value of' wasn't it? I wrote that he had left the keys, as the passage clearly states she found her keys and receipt but that the car was not there. What was not in the text was whether the woman complained.
(edited 10 years ago)
Does anyone have the answers to the exam? or am i a bit early? O_o
Reply 50
Original post by blackhondas
Does anyone have the answers to the exam? or am i a bit early? O_o

We could start trying to get them but it's just remembering the questions is hard.
Original post by Randomer96
We could start trying to get them but it's just remembering the questions is hard.

ooooh okaay, thanks
What did people put for the listening question about some guy getting a letter from school?
-He cheated in the test
-He lost his phone and it has been found
-He got full marks in the test (not sure if this was the exact option)

I heard ''Handy'' and ''SMS'' but I wasn't sure if that meant it was B, or if he was texting during the test :\
Reply 53
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
What did people put for the listening question about some guy getting a letter from school?
-He cheated in the test
-He lost his phone and it has been found
-He got full marks in the test (not sure if this was the exact option)

I heard ''Handy'' and ''SMS'' but I wasn't sure if that meant it was B, or if he was texting during the test :\

Had the same problem, I went with B I think? I thought it was foundation so shouldn't be to hard.

That's right, but I'm not sure if you'd get the mark. "Bestellen" means "to order", you might need to say "order" for the mark. If they're being harsh.
On the higher reading, the first question was about moving house. Were the pictures in one big group or were they seperate for each question? I'm scared I've already lost marks on the first question and I'm aiming for A* :s-smilie:
Original post by Hannie Rose
On the higher reading, the first question was about moving house. Were the pictures in one big group or were they seperate for each question? I'm scared I've already lost marks on the first question and I'm aiming for A* :s-smilie:

I think that they were in one big group and you had to pick 2 for the first section and 2 for the second section.
Reply 57
Original post by Angusmccall
Hi,
He did leave the keys back as it said she found the keys, he left them for her. I said not in text for she rang up and complained because she contacted the police but we weren't told if she complained to the company.
The neighbour didn't know it was in the garage because it said 'er war überrascht' (he was surprised) and the car was in the wrong garage.
Also he wanted to rent out his garage

well i got 0 for that question then ahah :smile:
Original post by Randomer96
Had the same problem, I went with B I think? I thought it was foundation so shouldn't be to hard.

I put B and then I worried that that was to obvious so I changed it to A. I think you're probably right, it was one of the foundation questions so I guess it was supposed to be obvious.

I need to stop overthinking thing :rolleyes:
Reply 59
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
I think that they were in one big group and you had to pick 2 for the first section and 2 for the second section.

What did you get btw? I didn't put the microwave down because I thought it said it was too expensive to buy. So I just the remaining picture down, I think A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending