The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PriyaPaul
I guess that includes me too :tongue: You're going to attack us with a cucumber Shadab :lolwut:

What on earth is a cucumber Shadab

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok Latin was the easiest exam ever, it was so faceroll. I finished in 25 minutes (we had an hour), and I reckon I can get 100% on that. Even the year 8s could do it.
Original post by Meliss
What on earth is a cucumber Shadab

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't know what a cucumber is ? :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
Ok Latin was the easiest exam ever, it was so faceroll. I finished in 25 minutes (we had an hour), and I reckon I can get 100% on that. Even the year 8s could do it.

And then it turns out you misread all the questions and got a U :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PriyaPaul
You don't know what a cucumber is ? :tongue:

I know what a cucumber is! :frown:
But no idea what 'cucumber Shadab' is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meliss
I know what a cucumber is! :frown:
But no idea what 'cucumber Shadab' is

Posted from TSR Mobile

lool Shadab is L'Evil Fish's real name :wink:
Original post by Elm Tree
To hit people with it :lol:

Let me guess, misclick again? Shame on you.
Original post by Bude8
Let me guess, misclick again? Shame on you.

Yeah lack of hon and all..
These US immigration reforms I'm hearing so much about are intended to make it easier to work in the USA right? :gah:
Original post by MangoFreak
These US immigration reforms I'm hearing so much about are intended to make it easier to work in the USA right? :gah:

UNfortunately, no. Don't get your hopes up, unless you are a genius mathematician, scientist, computer nerd, doctor or executive. It only makes it easier for a select group of people.

If you graduate from a uni there (a top one), your life will be a lot easier.
Not necessarily, Indians and Chinese make up the vast majority of immigrants to the US as it is.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
UNfortunately, no. Don't get your hopes up, unless you are a genius mathematician, scientist, computer nerd, doctor or executive. It only makes it easier for a select group of people.

What exactly do you mean by "genius"... does something like having PhD from somewhere like Harvard/MIT count, or do you mean like Nobel prize / Fields medal winner etc?
Omg seriously.. No more English lessons please...no more English yayyy :smile:
Original post by justinawe
What exactly do you mean by "genius"... does something like having PhD from somewhere like Harvard/MIT count, or do you mean like Nobel prize / Fields medal winner etc?

The former, I used the word 'genius' to refer to people of superior intellect in the field of math. Doesn't the fact that they have completed a PhD indicate that they are more knowledgable?

EDIT: A Nobel Prize winner would have no issues :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
yh I know :tongue: But you could have ended it short..lool dw :wink:
The former, I used the word 'genius' to refer to people of superior intellect in the field of math. Doesn't the fact that they have completed a PhD indicate that they are more knowledgable?

EDIT: A Nobel Prize winner would have no issues :tongue:

More knowledgeable for sure, but what constitutes a "genius" can be quite subjective :tongue:

Some people refer to that kid who gets straight A*s in secondary school as a "genius", while to some others, the term "genius" applies only to people like Einstein and Newton.
Original post by justinawe
More knowledgeable for sure, but what constitutes a "genius" can be quite subjective :tongue:

Some people refer to that kid who gets straight A*s in secondary school as a "genius", while to some others, the term "genius" applies only to people like Einstein and Newton.

I agree, it's very similar to the words 'rich' or 'wealthy' in that sense.
Crasting out of control today :frown:

...Well...I like to think I fall into several of those categories (or will at the time I wish to emigrate) :mmm: I fully intend to gain a Ph.D/D.Phil (same thing) :lol:

Well Canada it is then :lol: (I don't know if moving there is any easier, that was a joke, although I do want to move to Canada :tongue:)
Original post by MangoFreak
...Well...I like to think I fall into several of those categories (or will at the time I wish to emigrate) :mmm: I fully intend to gain a Ph.D/D.Phil (same thing) :lol:

Well Canada it is then :lol: (I don't know if moving there is any easier, that was a joke, although I do want to move to Canada :tongue:)

Canada is currently under-populated -compared to their land mass - so they are aggresively promoting immigration, especially within the highly sought after professions.

Gah, I sound like a spokesperson for Canada:tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest